Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Accutane for Mild Acne users

I have mild acne, and i feel like a baby b/c compared to the pics ive seen on here my face would be as smooth as a baby's.... Anyway i still get about 5 whiteheads a week, which cause scarring if i pop them. I want to rid myself of this and not have to deal with the stress of "oh my god something just touched my face i have to go wash it." I want to be able to play basketball and sweat and not have to worry about wiping the sweat off my face.

I guess my real question is this, Will accutane make my mild acne worse or will it only get better?

I have never had cysts before, and honestly i dont even kno what they really are, so im wondering if accutane will cause them for some reason. I just want to clear my had and decide if i should try accutane, i just wish i had never heard all of these horror stories so i wouldnt be so scared.

I've got mild acne and I've been on accutane for 3 months and havn't really seen much improvements (maybe Im unlucky). A lot of ppl on here can't believe a derm even gave me accutane, anyway if you've tried antibiotics etc and nothings worked go for it. You may get a breakout to start like most users. If you have mild acne it won't turn cystic if you have a intinial breakout.

Hey Ant and Mac (my fellow mild acne peeps)

My bloodwork came back early, I'm getting tane tonight! I'll try and start a log to keep everyone in the loop of my condition as I progress.

slmonkey2

PS..........Mild or no mild, acne sucks!

Hey Ant and Mac (my fellow mild acne peeps)

My bloodwork came back early, I'm getting tane tonight! I'll try and start a log to keep everyone in the loop of my condition as I progress.

slmonkey2

PS..........Mild or no mild, acne sucks!

thanks that would be cool..us 3 mild acne suffers and others who are gogin on accutane should keep in touch

I guess its just you me and Mac. There's got to be more "mild" sufferers out there..................HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was one of those people and I would say "stay away". The side effects have been horrible and you can't do anything about them. There are so many resources for dealing with acne though.

hi, me too!!!!! i have mild to moderate acne on my face but moderate to severe on my back, im startin tane on thurdays!!!!!!!

I have mild acne acne for a few years and nothing has been able to clear my face up.

I go for my bloodtests and 5th pregnancy test (apparently the 4 negatives before were not good enough) todya before I start my accutane. I am hoping to start early next week.

I was one of those people and I would say "stay away". The side effects have been horrible and you can't do anything about them. There are so many resources for dealing with acne though.

Did it eventually clear u up though, or did the side effects make it permanently worse?

i had mild acne and i'm a month and a half into accutane. my face had been clear for like two years [after being extremely mild but pretty persistant for about 4] then it came back when i started uni and got all stressed out, persistant fuckers! well, bad skin leads to more stress which leads to more bad skin etc etc. anyway i was just sick and tired of having to deal with rituals and topicals and antibiotics and worrying if im going to have a 'good skin day' for a certain event and blah blah blah. i wanted it gone. now it is. red marks are fading. knock on wood that after these tedious six months i'll never have to deal with pimples again.

i had mild acne and i'm a month and a half into accutane. my face had been clear for like two years [after being extremely mild but pretty persistant for about 4] then it came back when i started uni and got all stressed out, persistant fuckers! well, bad skin leads to more stress which leads to more bad skin etc etc. anyway i was just sick and tired of having to deal with rituals and topicals and antibiotics and worrying if im going to have a 'good skin day' for a certain event and blah blah blah. i wanted it gone. now it is. red marks are fading. knock on wood that after these tedious six months i'll never have to deal with pimples again.

So your acne is pretty much gone?? The accutane didnt cause any extreme flareups cause for most peopel that go on accutane (no offense) they cant get any worse, but see i can. I dont want to make it worse then it is by causing irritation.

Everytime i look in the mirror i figure oh its not too bad, but then when i see someone at my school with the same type of acne as me i think "is that really what i look like?" so it makes me self-conscious. I think im just going to dive into accutane and hope for the best. 20 weeks of hell for years of heaven( i hope) Ill have to miss out on like half the summer though because of the no-sun rule. If my derm doesnt prescribe me it, then im pretty much screwed.

So your acne is pretty much gone?? The accutane didnt cause any extreme flareups cause for most peopel that go on accutane (no offense) they cant get any worse, but see i can. I dont want to make it worse then it is by causing irritation.

Everytime i look in the mirror i figure oh its not too bad, but then when i see someone at my school with the same type of acne as me i think "is that really what i look like?" so it makes me self-conscious. I think im just going to dive into accutane and hope for the best. 20 weeks of hell for years of heaven( i hope) Ill have to miss out on like half the summer though because of the no-sun rule. If my derm doesnt prescribe me it, then im pretty much screwed.

yea I'm with u...on that

As most know, I, too, have mild acne and am on accutane. So far, there has been minimal improvement and I am looking forward to see what happens! I am only a month and a week in. ;)

As most know, I, too, have mild acne and am on accutane. So far, there has been minimal improvement and I am looking forward to see what happens! I am only a month and a week in. ;)

I will be on it soon...goodluck to u

Just picked up my "tane" today and took my first pill. I'm on 40mg once a day. I'll try to start a journal this weekend. If this doesn't work for my mild acne I give up!

slmonkey2

how did you guys get on accutane with mild acne? ive got moderate acne, and was just denied accutane earlier today... this sucks.. are you guys having the insurance cover the cost or paying straight out the pocket?

you should not be taking accutane with mild acne. the side effects are much worse than the postitives

I usually leave those decsions up to my dermatologist.