Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Red burning skin from too much bp

I used Cetaphil in the morning and at night. Afterward I use bp but I think I didn't start slow enough. I put too much bp on instead of a small amount to start and now my face is red and burns sorta. is there anything I can put on it to soothen it or should I let it heal on its own? Also should I continue to put bp on or wait until it heals first and then start with a small amount?

I also use Eurcerin moisturizing cream but it burns after I put it on. Does anyone know a moisturizing spf cream that is scentless and soothes instead of burns?

Don't worry I did exactly the same thing. What I did was stop using BP completely until my skin went back to normal (about a week). Then I started again but using only a tiny bit of BP and only at night. I am slowly increasing the BP but rather than following the regimen I just see how my skin is and increase it only when it seems to able to tolerate it. I am still using BP only at night and this seems to have minimised the dryness and redness as your skin gets a break during the day - I dont seem to be getting any more spots because of it. I also have the same problem with finding a moisturiser that doesnt sting, so can't help you with that one, sorry! Hope this helps.