Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eterna

Using it at night

I don't really plan to use the whole regimen, but only the PM part. I'm interested in the CSR gel, but I've read of complaints that it bleaches clothes and pillowcases. Since I only apply BP (Clearasil maximum strength) at night, I'm worried that using the CSR gel might bleach/stain my pillowcases.

How long would you have to wait before you can comfortably sleep (including rolling around) and not worry about the stains?

For the record, I've been using the BP gel for a while (on and off for about one and a half years), and I haven't had a strand of hair (black) or pillowcase bleached.

If I'm not mistaken, all BP can bleach. The bleaching is not specific to just the CSR gel. But I'd say the best way to avoid bleaching would be to make sure you rub the gel in until its almost all absorbed and wait to go to sleep until it dries on your face.

Wait till it dries properly especially around your jawline and such, but from what I've heard if you sweat when you sleep you're probably SOL. I keep my room nice and cool so I have not had that problem.

Clearasil Maximum Strength is what, 10% BP? Dan's is only 2.5% so it's not like it would bleach your clothes and pillows any more than what you're currently using.

For what it's worth, the worst bleaching product I ever encountered was the Proactiv face wash (little scrubby bits, contains BP, horribly drying and irritating). I've never actually had a problem with lotion BP in the form of Dan's, Neutrogena, or Proactiv lotion bleaching fabrics.