Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justchekin

i cried so much today...

practically the whole day...

i woke up, looked in the mirror and broke down in tears. ran to my bed and just collapsed..cried for an hour. then stood up again, went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face to wash away the tears. Except as soon as i walk in the bathroom the mirror hans above the sink. as i look into the mirror i break down again. and the cycles continued on and on. The worst part is my mom has no idea it hurts me so much. she does practically nothing to help. i ask her to take me to a doctor to get a prescribtion she says no. i ask her to take me to a derm, she says no. i can't stop crying.

the only prescribtion my doc gave me a while ago, hasn't been working at all. it's been 10 weeks and i see NO improvment at all. i can't take it anymore

iight.. dont use the precription medication..

tell me what you do daily as like a regimen.. i feel u on that.. wen it started getting severe for me i felt the same way... accutane works man..

try dans regimen on this site. it helped me a lot and I used to have terrible acne. best of all you dont need a precription or anything to get the stuff to do it. If this does not give you positve results you must go to a dermatologist. No mother would keep their child from something that hurts them so deeply that they cry continuoosly in cycles. Tell your parents your problems. Open up.

hey justchekin,why izzit that ur mum dun wanna help u?,tell her hw bad u feel, if she does not help turn to ur dad. u can try out dan regimen first(no need prescription),keep posting if u hv problem,ppl on this site will give u suggestion to help u.

How terrible! I know what you are going through, although my parent's supported me when I asked to go to a dermotologist. I don't know your age, but perhaps you could talk to your guidance counselor or nurse at school about this. Acne causes emotional/mental health problems, at least it did for me. You must talk to someone!!! do not hold this inside, you are going to make yourself sick. I'm sure your parent's have health insurance, what's the big deal to take you to see a skin doctor.

Good luck, and I do feel for you!

best.

Ive been through stages like that too, my mum and dad were fully supportive and still continue to stand by me. If i wouldnt have had the support like you then maybe you could confide in an older friend or relative who will listen to your problems and go with you to the doctors/dermotologist.

Also we will always help on here as much as we can and give you advice but by the sounds of it you need to see a doctor first about your acne.

Put yourself first.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Loadsa love

Liz xXx :)

I totally understand the frustration and pain!

Like one of the other posts said, there is some over the counter stuff that might help you.

Also, if you're old enough to have a job, I would recommend saving money to go to the dermatologist. Or, save birthday and Christmas gift money. Maybe if you save your own money it will show your parents how important this is to you and they will be more supportive? Plus, if it's your own money how can they tell you how to spend it?

But, in the mean time... remember that you are so much more than just a person with acne. I'm sure your true friends see your personality, all of the great qualities you have, and talents you have as well. Plus, having had acne all my life, I can safely say that you CAN get dates if you have acne. Most good-hearted people will see right past it. In fact, many of the guys I have dated have been very good looking. They didn't care about my zits! So, just focus on the positive and let people see the real you that's behind the acne. If you stay in your room and cry all the time, you're just missing out on life and all the great people that are out there!

I've had those times like you too, there were extreme times when I even stayed at home and refused to go to school until I got a warning letter from my school about how i may be disqualified for exams if i continue to absent myself, but life still goes on, and I realized that looking at this problem with optimism is SO MUCH MORE BETTER than just locking myself all day at home and cry non-stop. Your parents will understand, my mum always scolded me when I got so upset because of my acne and started becoming so miserable, but in the end she still paid for my visit to the derm and everything, even though she may not understand what i am going through, she still hopes I can live life happily. So SMILE! Everyone looks so much better smiling rather than pouting, even though we may have acne.

I had to constantly beg my mom to take me to the derm. She's is still kinda reluctant to send me and spend all that money on accutane. Do you have health insurance? How old are you? If you're old enough, you could probably just go on your own.

I would say most people are very uneducated about the effects of acne both physically and emotionally. Try to explain to your mom that it can lead to long time scarring both physical and emotional. If she still says no just cry in front of her everyday. If she still says no tear up the house.

Whoa before anyone starts jumping to conclusion we dont even know how bad justchekin acne is, nor how old he/she is. Obviously under 18 if he/she needs parents to go see the doctor/dermatologist. What parent in the world would just say plain no to their own kids when their health is concern. Then you got to consider the other factors such as money. Can they even afford it.

Justchekin could just be overreacting, for all we know justchekin could be a whining kid with 4 to 5 pimples who thinks they need accutane. Reread justchekin post again first he/she says their mom says no to a doctor and a dermatologist. Then the next line say the medication the doctor gave him/her isnt working.

What your point jdang307? So what "the prescribtion my doc gave me a while ago". Like I said you need to reread it.

Tell me if these two statements are conflicting.

i ask her to take me to a doctor to get a prescribtion she says no.

the only prescribtion my doc gave me a while ago, hasn't been working at all. it's been 10 weeks and i see NO improvment at all. i can't take it anymore

As you notice it says to get a prescribtion not get a new prescribtion. Well if justchekin mom said no then how do you explain the prescribtion. Justchekin makes it seem like his/her mom is cruel and just flat out ignoring their child acne problem. Like I said earlier we dont know the whole story, all we got is how upset some kid is.

awww :tear: she/he could very well be a mear fourteen year old child with 13 pimples or she/he could have more severe acne. either way, acne is acne and it affects you day to day. but cheer up emo kid. my parents didnt take me to a derm either at first. really push them. if they see how much this hurts you, theyll do it. or take matters into your own hands and try a regimen. mwah. feel better.

shindou you are seriously mean.....if you came to this board just to make fun of us you are a terrible horrible person. If you plan to say more mean stuff....refrain your small incoherant mind from saying the things and leave......

Thanks for you cooperation.

Buh bye.

Im mean? I guess if telling people not to jump to conclusion and getting the whole story is mean than Im guilty as charge.

try dans regimen it really works great.i would say give it a full blooded shot for atleast two months.put in your total effort and i can tell u its perhaps the best thing that works.also read the success stories and what to expect page .come what may just go on for about 10-12 weeks and if ur acne is any where near moderate it will improve dramatically.i m talking out of personal experience.thank dan on my behalf when u r clear which u will be.amen.