Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you wear your make-up & hair daily and on special occasions?

Daily(to school, grocery shopping, out for a walk, whatever.):

-i usually take a shower before i go somewhere, i wash my hair also.

-i don't blow dry it or style it or anything, i just add styling product into it(biosilk oil) and then just leave it down or clip it up.

-my make up: i just put foundation on red spots and mostly on my nose, forehead, cheeks and chin, then top it off with MAC blot powder, apply like 2 couts of mascara, and vaseline on my lips.

If I'm going ANYWHERE with my friends like the clubs, mall, downtown, movies, parties, etc.:

- I usually blow dry my hair nicely then straighten with a strainthing iron... then I add a pea size of oil(biosilk) into it to style it.(if i'm going to a club I use alotta hairspray).

- My make up: I put foundation all over the face nicely & evenly then top it off with MAC blot powder, apply a lot of coats of mascara very carefully, and then I apply vaseline on my lips.

:wub:

My hair is long and wavy, and I like to sleep so I don't straighten it in the morning. I wash and condition every other day, and use leave-in conditioner, Redken outshine for frizz control, and TIGI bedhead small talk for definition. I have short layers due to growing out the sideswept bangs that I got last summer and usually I dry or straighten those to keep them from curling up and looking stupid, it takes about 30 seconds.

I wear mac concealer, and right now I'm using merle norman aqua base for foundation but I may try to return it. I use mascara -- currently max factor 2000 calorie -- everyday, and ususally eye makeup, blush, and lipgloss, but that varies from day to day.

I've got shoulderlength hair with bangs that I wash every day, and I don't blow-dry, just let it dry by itself. easy :-)

For make-up - I don't have a lot of money for makeup since I'm a student - I use H&M concealer (which is actually very good!) on my spots and red marks and under my eyes if I haven't slept a lot. Then I use HEMA loose powder to set it. When I feel like it, I also use a bit white sparkly eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eyes, black mascara and a bit colorless lipgloss. That's all.

Guest Gentle~Rain

Everyday:Shoulder length hair washed and conditioned every 3 days, spray conditioner inbetween days to straighten out bends in morning. Style is either straight down ( air dried) pony, french braid or twist w/sticks...all take 5 mins or less. Makeup...just concealer on red marks and mascara, sometimes powder if I'm oily that day. Some tinted chap stick type suff..I like bonne bell Dr. pepper it leaves a nice sheer cherry red tint.

Special : Flat iron hair or long loose curls or updo. Makeup= mineral foundation, do up eyes with liner and shimmer powders in various colors Thick black mascara, neutral lip color. If I do eyes in more neutral ( browns greys or blacks), I'll use a muted red or wine color lip. If it's a really special event, I HAVE to paint my nails...that's something I never do day to day because I have my hands in water a lot and it just peels off.

Everyday:

I have really long blonde hair (past my waist)

I wash and condition about every two to three days and I add purple stuff to my shampoos to help get rid of brassiness.

I use a generous blob of Biosilk (overpriced silicone blend)

I don't towel dry.

I don't blowdry.

My hair forms big dredlock/baloney curl things on it's own....no scrunching required. If it's humid I get smaller straggley ringlets (like Shakira hair).

I usually don't wear any makeup.

Sometimes I'll throw on a cost of brown mascara and spot cover with my Bare Minerals if I have extra time, or if I have an important meeting in New York.

I always use Softlips lipbalm

Special Occasion:

I wash, condition and blowdry my hair straight. Use a small glob of biosilk.

Then I use a big curling iron to smooth out any unwanted kinks and add in some body at the ends.

I apply a whole face of my Bare Minerals with a Kabuki Brush.

Apply a bronzer (Warmth from Bare Minerals), Mineral Veil, and Blush (Elizabeth Arden Sunblush).

Use eyeshadow (usually Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten) to eyelids and inner corners of my upper and lower lashlines.

I sometimes use brown shimmery eyeliner (Almay) around my outer corners of my lashlines.

Then I curl my eyelashes and apply a coat of brown mascara (Almay).

Apply softlips, and then maybe some lipgloss....

OOOooooooo! I just got a haircut:

IPB Image

I usually air dry, but since I *just* got it cut, I blow-dried it this morning. No products (this will likely last about, hmmmmm, 72 hours...) :lol:

So my hair is usually an air-dry, a bit of pomade for definition (some salon brand-not sure which)

Makeup-mascara, eyeliner if I have time,eye shadow-very neutral, mostly just to soak up oil :whistle: , lipstick, lipgloss

When going out: same thing, darker lipstick. :cool:

P.S-You can see a mark onmy chin (form a post-accutane big zit (not a cyst, just a zit)) GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

OOOooooooo! I just got a haircut:

IPB Image

I usually air dry, but since I *just* got it cut, I blow-dried it this morning. No products (this will likely last about, hmmmmm, 72 hours...) :lol:

So my hair is usually an air-dry, a bit of pomade for definition (some salon brand-not sure which)

Makeup-mascara, eyeliner if I have time,eye shadow-very neutral, mostly just to soak up oil :whistle: , lipstick, lipgloss

When going out: same thing, darker lipstick. :cool:

P.S-You can see a mark onmy chin (form a post-accutane big zit (not a cyst, just a zit)) GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

you're very pretty. =)

Guest funky_monkey

suits you! love the colour too! is that natural?

Guest PokaHotAz

indeed good job on the new hair cut... love the color as well... real pretty n natural looking

it seems most of y'all are using biosilk for something or another.....what exactly is it for and what does it do?? i'm a lazy oaf when it comes to styling my hair so i'm always looking for a product to help in some way lol. right now i'm a wash and go kinda girl. if we are goin out then i wash it, blow dry and use some volumizing spray. no make up unless we are goin out (i dont really like the almay amazing lasting foundation im using right now so i dont wear it daily).

it seems most of y'all are using biosilk for something or another.....what exactly is it for and what does it do?? i'm a lazy oaf when it comes to styling my hair so i'm always looking for a product to help in some way lol. right now i'm a wash and go kinda girl. if we are goin out then i wash it, blow dry and use some volumizing spray. no make up unless we are goin out (i dont really like the almay amazing lasting foundation im using right now so i dont wear it daily).

Biosilk Silk Therapy is a styling product. You can put it on wet OR dry hair. It's freaking awesome, it makes your hair very nice, soft and smells heavenly as well. You can get it at Trade Secrets(very pricey for a little bottle) and at Costco(pretty cheap there for a big bottle).

This is what it looks like:

IPB Image