Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Just Cam BAck Form My Derm!!!HE WANTS ME TO TRY ACCUTANE

Ok I juts started seeing a derm....like in decomber...and he put me on treta 250 once a day and 2 topical meds.....

after the 2 months they didint do anythign for me..like I seen some resluts but not a lot...

anyway today was my appointment with him....so he asked me if it was betetr I said No..he lloks at ma and says: "Have you heard of accutane" I said Yes..then he goes "Do You To Try It"

so then I said well do u think I should try it....he said well your skin looks oily(I told him It was from the differin) and I told him abotu the side effects and all that and he said " Hey your an adult and tell have u had enough of your acne" I said yes.....

so he gave me 2 weeks to think about it...like I need blood work and in 2 weeks I will see him...

I NEED HELP AND ADVICE?

I know its ultimatly my descion but can u guys help me....I dont consider my acne Severe its just there I get a lot of redness that result in to pimples and whiteheads and the redness stays there...

Guys I;m really sacred my face is ogin to get very worse that i will end up with scarring...My derm said it will get worse but not too worse cause my face isnt that worse?

Please anyone some advice?

any stories u want to share

It just depends. Do you want to actually clear up your acne? I couldn't get is prescribed to me so now i'm getting it online. At least you would have a doctor to monitor your progress. Everything should go smoothly as long as you follow everything your dermatologist says.

hey Mac,

glad you let us know what the derm said.

Ultimately, it is up to you of course. Just do your research and decide what is best for you. I'm glad your derm gave you the option.

But don't automatically be afraid of Accutane, the vast majority of people who use it do just fine on it. But do educate yourself so you know what to expect and how to take care of yourself while on it.

I did a 6 month round of Accutane several years ago. I did not get any initial breakout, just a very nice gradual clearing. The only side-effect I had was depression, which was quite a challenge to deal with, but I managed somehow to finish the 6 month course. Other than that, all was okay.

Good luck with your decision!

Thank u...

I keep telling my face I want clear skin and no more acne...This is tellign me to take accutane...

you I'm not afird of the side effects ...the only thing I'm afraid of is getting acne so bad like cysts and scarring?

how long do I have to fast for to get blood work 7-12 hours

Ive been readin things on accutane and all I keep reading is that its for severe cystic acne...I dont hvae that?

it also said I have to fast for 12 hours no breakfast,....see I had breakfast today...but its been 4 hours since I had anything to eat...but by the time I go get my test done it will be 8 hours should I just wait for tomorrow

Accutane is also prescribed for persistent acne that doesn't respond well to other topicals/oral medications.

As for fasting and doing your blood tests, I'd just wait and do it first thing in the morning, after you haven't eaten all night, then after you get your blood drawn you can go have some breakfast.

ok I will do that...

see I was on proaicte for over a year and the bp didint do anythign for me...then I went on proactive gentle formala with SA didint do anyhting...along with OTC meds....nothing....then 2 months agao tetar and more Bp and nothing?

AND I'M SACRING MY SLEF OEVER NOTHING I JUST SHOULD TRY IT...it wont hur to see if I get clear skin(well it will lol) so I will try it...

the only thing i'm gogin to dread is getting a bad braeakout with cysts and possible scarring hopefully not....

AND ABOUT MY DATE I WILL WAIT FOR THAT FOR AWHILE...

well, not everyone gets a horrible breakout, so try not to worry too much about that unless it actually happens.

And what about your date??

lol, you've posted so many, threads just like this one. The answers will be the same everytime.

To me accutane wasn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be.

If you want to get rid of your acne, do it.

If you want to keep your acne and debate for another year about tane, then don't.

But I know that when people wait, then finally decide to go an tane, they usually regret waiting so long.

Even if you get an initial breakout, what's wrong with one IB compared to the years of acne ahead if you don't take it? You might scar a bit, but your chances of scarring over the years to come are just the same. Just don't pop,pick,scratch, or poke and u should be fine.

The decision is yours, and I am sure you probably already know what you want to do. Good Luck!

I agree, T. The only thing (so far) about 'tane that I'm upset about is the fact that I waited so damn long to ask for it.

Mac, I hope you're able to come to a decision that works for you soon. Good luck.

I would. I don't have severe acne but it seems severe to me and thats what matters. What is your acne to YOU. If nothing else has worked try it. You have insurance? I would be already on it if I had insurance. I can't afford that shit being in college. SUCKS I got like 4 zits and the rest are brown marks left over and I still want to go on tane. I put up a thread asking those that have used it if they regretted waiting so long and they all said yes. Remember your not gonna hear as many good responses on this site because those who got good results are most likely gone having fun.

I'm on day 19 and I have seen results. Good results. Very positive results. I have only had dry lips - not even dry skin.

So there you go. I am a real person (19-yr old female) and I AM TAKING ACCUTANE. I don't have severe cystic - just very resistant to other treatments. I, too, did proactiv. I had great results - until it stopped working and I had a horrible (seemingly permanent) breakout.

If your derm says do it, DO IT. I should have done it 8 months ago when she suggested it the first time.

This is not a decision you will regret. Just follow all the rules and see your derm regularly. Good luck!

true thanks guys.....

about my date: I met this girl in the summer we seen eah other twice until now...we talk a lot on msn and keep sayign when we are gogin to see each other everytime I would make an excuse cause of my fcae...but hopefully with accutane I can se her sooner...

for the insurnace part yes I have insurance or here in Canada we call it drug benefits but I dont know if they cover accutane

true thanks guys.....

about my date: I met this girl in the summer we seen eah other twice until now...we talk a lot on msn and keep sayign when we are gogin to see each other everytime I would make an excuse cause of my fcae...but hopefully with accutane I can se her sooner...

for the insurnace part yes I have insurance or here in Canada we call it drug benefits but I dont know if they cover accutane

I am in ontario, canada. I have benefits too, and my accutane was covered. I dunno how all these companies work, but it's likely that yours will be covered too.

hey I live in Ontario also..where do u live m ein hamilton

I'm not in Hamilton. lol that's all I'm saying

ok u dont want to tel me ......I thoguht u were close that it would be cool to talk to someone about this...anyway....

question?

will I get acne on places I dot have acne on my face or on my body while on accutane?

and what do I use on my face while on accutane...I dont use differin or clindoxly(bp) right

I didn't get acne in any new places at all. But then again, I was pretty severe so It wasn't really possible.

Don't use anything on your face except a gentle, med free cleanser, and a good moisturiser. You can spot treat with BP if you really want to. But you will already have dry skin. You'll be fine

so how close are u to hamilton, just tell me u dont have to tell me where just the proximity?

u can pm me if u want to

any other advice for me .beofre I start accutane?

like diet, things to avoid, things not to do?

try to stay away from greasy food, as tane can raise your cholesteral.

And not to get discouraged if it doesn't work right away. Sometimes it takes a while.

Oh yeah, most important, no picking :naughty:

I never do pick anyway....so I'm makign the right choice right :)

now I use roche la posay effaclar cleanser I really like it but NOW I need a moistrisers that wont make me break out, or my face red and oily and burny

how about vitamins on accutane: I know vit A is a no no...but what about?

zinc, vit E, Probitics, B5

when can I stop using Differin and clindoxly(bp)

when you start accutane? Maybe a week into it. I am not sure though. I wasn't on these when I started.

did u get my pm T

how about hygien while on accutane ...my derm tolfd me to use "La orche posay effaclar" while on the 2 topicals...should I keep using that on accuatne..its soap free, ph balance feels gentle...would that be enough..

people are saying to use a moistriser but I'ma fraud to what if it makes my acne worse...and plus what are good mpositrisers to use

I'm going through the same thing...doctor suggested accutane, but I've heard so many negative things that I'm scared to take it...I wish I knew what to do!