Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yeugean

What am I missing?

I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Wash every morning and night. I also use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash every night, and recently I'm starting to use Neutrogena Visibly clear oil-Free Moisteriser. Thing is I still get spots, though it was alot worse without them. And I still get cystic ones every now and then. I consider my diet to be quite healthy tho i will admit some days I do decide to eat some chocolate, crisps, pizzas and fizzy drinks, though probaly only 2 days in a week at most, and i drink plenty of water too. what am I missing?

thanks for the link. I read somewhere on here that BP will have bad conflicts with SA (Sacylic Acid or something like that). That's what's in the cleanser, exfoliator and moisteriser I use, basically everything i use for my regime. is this bad?

PS. How often should I exfoliate? The exfoliator i got says "sutible for everyday use" but I read that you shouldn't do it so much...

thanks for the link. I read somewhere on here that BP will have bad conflicts with SA (Sacylic Acid or something like that). That's what's in the cleanser, exfoliator and moisteriser I use, basically everything i use for my regime. is this bad?

PS. How often should I exfoliate? The exfoliator i got says "sutible for everyday use" but I read that you shouldn't do it so much...

I think it is a bit much. it could be that your routine may be too harsh for your skin because you're using so much salicylic acid it overdries your skin which then panicks and produces even more oil as a result and you keep getting spots. I actually read somewhere that if you have 'blemishes' you shouldn't be exfoliating at all 'to avoid spreading infection' it said! ????? but if got oily skin i think like 3-4 tmies a week is okay

my acne was MUCH worse before I used this regime (lots of pimples and several cysts), and the sacylic acid seems to be the least harsh of the thigns I have used. It's really toned down the amount of acne I have, but there is still room for improvement.

thanks about the exfoliating thing I will keep that in mind.

my regime is going really well all I have are the occasional spots, BUT I do still get cysts, but now some of them are just large red bumps that do not hurt, whereas before they were always big nastys.

How do I prevent these from popping up in the future, what am I missing?

my regime is going really well all I have are the occasional spots, BUT I do still get cysts, but now some of them are just large red bumps that do not hurt, whereas before they were always big nastys.

How do I prevent these from popping up in the future, what am I missing?

i started using neurtrogena deep cleanser - would that be too much for the skin - i dont get irritated from it but maybe "deep cleaning" isnt really that good for acne skin?

Youre still only in the early stages of the regimen, given time these should settle down, but in the mean time you could try spot treating them with BP on top of doing the regimen to try and dry them up, maybe with a stronger strength BP (to spot treat only). Also I think some people on this website ice them quite seccessfully :)

Any help please i am still getting bad cysts

Have you thought of trying B5?? That totally got rid of my cysts. The reimen is great. I use that too, so you have to give it time. But the B5 sorted my cysts out.

My parents wont let me get the stuff from the chemist only stuff you can buy in shops i guess they're worried it might cause me problems in the future so i can't get BP.

I've been using this regmine since the start of this year and i think 4 months is enough proof or should I wait longer?

What is this B5 stuff? Where can I get it?

Thanks for the replies