Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whittle1

These scr treatment forums

Why are people none stop having a pop at each other on this board?

I know this has nothing to do with scar treatments, but it's about that section. All day on here people are getting aggitated by others for no aparant reason, probably because they're having a bad day. I'm guilty myself occasionally, but sometimes the situation is really bad with emotions running so high. I post on another scarring board and other various boards, and it is such a friendly atmosphere, the moderators on here are top but they need to start coming down tough on bullies within these forums, because i think alot of people have been hurt and more damage may be done in the future.

Thanks for listening.

Because this is such an emotionally and psychologically wrenching subject, I think the topics inadvertantly become high octane due to everyone's nerves being so frayed by the disfigurement and the difficulty and frustration of rectifying it. That's no excuse, of course; in fact, it is MORE of a reason to be charitable and supportive. You're correct too in saying that other boards are far more kind in that the posters are more respectful of others' thoughts and suggestions. A lot of people who used to be here (Meet Pete and a bunch of others) have moved to these other places. MP is not a jerk AT ALL when he posts elsewhere; I think this forum brings out the worst in some people & I'm not sure why. (well, one hypothesis is that almost every single person on the other "higher brow" boards are over 30...)

Its the simple fact that no one in these forums has.. Faith. Everyone always just says the negatives because they simple have only received negatives. I only have scars now but when I post in here, everyone always shoots every treatment down, post haste. Where are these other forums? I love these forums, but for scars, I'll look else where.

i agree. this is just supposed to be for sharing any info possible to help everyone find ways to make their skin better. yes, there are docs and ads, etc posting to get people to buy stuff. overall, though 95%+ of these posts have to be legit. i'm also a firm believer that THERE ARE TREATMENTS THAT HELP improve scars. not everyone is blowing stuff out of proportion, lying or being overly optimistic. it'st just not possible.