Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[attachmentid=3524][attachmentid=3525]

THis is what my face looks like..

The marks, and redness just doesn't GO AWAY..and its really upsetting me, I have my highs, and lows. My lows involves me feeling ugly, self consious about myself..I avoid mirrors at most costs, I wash my face, brush my teeth with just a night lite on, because its just that unattractive to me. Its also can be itchy..I have scrolled through your topics, and comments and you guys seem so very helpfull and I need some of that help right about now..I have recently got off a cleanse for my body, because I have irregular female problems..but it just seems like since then my skin has gotten worse, and worse..I HATE wearing cover up, it doesn't even cover them all that great up anyways.

What would any of you guys suggest for my face?

Thank you very much in advance <3<3<3

badcheek.bmp

ohter_side.bmp

badcheek.bmp

ohter_side.bmp

I'm sorry that you feel so upset. I would suggest Proactiv. I am not sure if you have already tried it or if it is too costly. I'm using it now and I'm clear. It also slowly gets rid of scaring because the second step, which is the toner, has just a little of that peeling acid stuff in it. A lot of people don't like proactiv because it doesn't work for them or because of all those stupid celeb-commercials, but it works great for me. You can also do that Aspirin mask. I used this before I tried Proactiv. It reduces redness, scars, and makes pimples smaller. Nature's Cure also worked great for me too, but I still got about 4 zits a week, but it's only 10 bucks for two months or three (don't remember).

I'm sorry that you feel so upset. I would suggest Proactiv. I am not sure if you have already tried it or if it is too costly. I'm using it now and I'm clear. It also slowly gets rid of scaring because the second step, which is the toner, has just a little of that peeling acid stuff in it. A lot of people don't like proactiv because it doesn't work for them or because of all those stupid celeb-commercials, but it works great for me. You can also do that Aspirin mask. I used this before I tried Proactiv. It reduces redness, scars, and makes pimples smaller. Nature's Cure also worked great for me too, but I still got about 4 zits a week, but it's only 10 bucks for two months or three (don't remember).

Aw thanks.

Yeah I haven't tried it, and can't..nobody in my household has a credit card, and thats the only way supposedly to pay for it. My two friends got it, and the one it cleared up, and the other one just got it a few days ago. Maybe I can pay them for it, and get them to order it through their card, but that'd be asking a lot. Down the road(if it doesn't clear up) I am going to invest in some "Proactive", have you heard anything good from the product called clear pores??..

Thanks for the reply <3

Clear Pores? I went to the website. Is it clearpores.com? If that is it then it looks good. Proactive has BP and Clear Pores has SA. So which ever works best for you and your skin. But, you can get proactiv for 20 to 50 bucks. Clear Pores charges over 65 bucks. I think this is the stuff you mentioned: http://www.clearpores.com/

It looks like there could be something irritating your skin. If you can let us know everything that comes in contact with your face maybe we can help you better.

Also if you let us know what country/state you are in someone can recommend products you can get locally.

Clear Pores? I went to the website. Is it clearpores.com? If that is it then it looks good. Proactive has BP and Clear Pores has SA. So which ever works best for you and your skin. But, you can get proactiv for 20 to 50 bucks. Clear Pores charges over 65 bucks. I think this is the stuff you mentioned: http://www.clearpores.com/

Yeah thats the site "clearpores.com", I went on their it looks good, but lol, its even more like you said thatn proactive. :P

It looks like there could be something irritating your skin. If you can let us know everything that comes in contact with your face maybe we can help you better.

Also if you let us know what country/state you are in someone can recommend products you can get locally.

At that time I was just getting off a liver cleanse from a herbalist. For cleanser I am using a tree-tree oil, grape fruit 2 in 1 cleanser+toner from Avon. As well as after I am using the moistizer for it too. Doing this twice a day. And on the big zits I break out I dab some tree oil cream on them. I live in Canada, in the province of Manitoba, in the city of Winnipeg.

I recall I went to a doctor about a yr and a few monthes ago, and he said that I had "contact dermatitis", do any of you guys think that maybe thats what's on my cheeks??..like an allergy. Thanks for the offerings to help me <3<3

Several people in Canada have used products from Spectro that as far as I know are available in stores. Your grapefruit product might have a lot of fragrance in it, and your toner might have alcohol, which could both be adding to your problem. The Spectro Derm cleanser apparently does not have fragrance and the ingredients look relatively gentle. If you do have some kind of contact dermatitis you might want to try to isolate what is causing this by stopping products one by one and waiting a few days to see if it makes any difference in the redness/irritation. Hopefully you can figure out what is causing this and find more gentle products to use. :angel:

Several people in Canada have used products from Spectro that as far as I know are available in stores. Your grapefruit product might have a lot of fragrance in it, and your toner might have alcohol, which could both be adding to your problem. The Spectro Derm cleanser apparently does not have fragrance and the ingredients look relatively gentle. If you do have some kind of contact dermatitis you might want to try to isolate what is causing this by stopping products one by one and waiting a few days to see if it makes any difference in the redness/irritation. Hopefully you can figure out what is causing this and find more gentle products to use. :angel:

My friend used the product, it did nothing for her and her problem on her chin. But she's a diffrent skin type than me, so it might work for me. I bought myself some Aveeno cleanser, which is supposedly very gentle and has 2% salysic(splt wrong..) acid in it, as well as moisture rich soy extracts. I am going to hope and pray that it works for me. Because as of right now my cheeks feel itchy and are sand papery to the touch. Thank you very much for the reply :) I'll do just that.

What do you know about Thermasilk hair products?, maybe thats whats irratating the sides of my face..?

i wouldent reccomend the proactiv at all, it totally wrecked my face when i used it.

Really??..what happeneded to your skin because of it..

Yeah I am, not going to get it mainly because I don't have the credit card for it, and my cousin used it on her's and usauge of the Proactive like burnt the skin on her face..

Judging by your photos (although it is hard to tell without a closer look) I would recommend products with BP, rather than SA. SA tends to work well for clogged pores, but for painful bumps with no head, BP is the better over-the-counter product. However, I would suggest seeing a dermatologist, if possible. A derm would be better able to diagnose what is causing your skin irritation. As someone else suggested, it may not even be acne, but an allergic reaction, or something similar.

Judging by your photos (although it is hard to tell without a closer look) I would recommend products with BP, rather than SA. SA tends to work well for clogged pores, but for painful bumps with no head, BP is the better over-the-counter product. However, I would suggest seeing a dermatologist, if possible. A derm would be better able to diagnose what is causing your skin irritation. As someone else suggested, it may not even be acne, but an allergic reaction, or something similar.

Yeah I should get refered to a derm, they'd tell me exactly what it is, and what to do. And crap..because today I went out and bought "Aveeno" which on the label read: with"Salyic"(SA)...do you think it will just make it worse? And thanks for the reply <3

I would definately try a different cleanser if you can as already mentioned, one without essential oils which can be great for some people and not for others.

I would definately try a different cleanser if you can as already mentioned, one without essential oils which can be great for some people and not for others.

I am going to give it 2-3 weeks of it first and see what happens. Because I recall a yr ago, or more, I used the clear complextion Aveeno bar. And it did clear up my skin and made it very soft, and it felt like a nice cooling sensation through my skin, very refreshing. I know its not the "bar", but its a foaming cleanser, which is pretty much the bar in a cleanser form. Worse comes to worst, and it doesn't improve in that set time period, what cleanser would you recommend for me?..And thanks for the reply :)

Hi Rache, I just wanted to add my two cents. My cheeks used to look a lot like your skin does... I don't have any skin conditions that I know of.. but I do have acne , which imo I think is really affected by stress and hormonal causes, specifically for me. Anyway, if you read my regimen below, I'm not sugguesting you begin exfoliating over active acne or anything but the cetaphil products have been amazing for me so far. Honestly, my suggestion would be to stop using the aveeno with SA in it (althought I love aveeno products myself!). Wash with something gentle, then if you need to spot treat, spot treat with bp or sa, whichever you find works best for you. But like someone else said, I think the bp works better for bigger pimples. BABY your skin! I really think, you will notice an improvement if you do, at least I did.. I know everyone's different.

I don't know if you wear makeup, but maybe in the mornings, wash with cetaphil, moisturize with cetaphil or/and wait then spot treat with bp , wait, then apply makeup (if you wear)

I would also suggest hydrocortizone cream, like at nighttime maybe, once you've finished washing, make sure you've got everything off, and what I do sometimes if I have a lot of imflammation is, spot treat with the hydrocortizone, I don't rub it in, but dap it on the spots I need to and let it soak in for maybe 10 mins or so.. then apply my cetaphil moisturizer b4 bed. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels like silk(from the cetaphil moisturizer) and I notice the redness on my cheeks and any inflammation goes down considerably.

I think you mentioned you were using tea tree oil? I bought the cleanser, toner from the body shop last summer, and it really aggravated my face bad. Maybe that isn't really helping you. I'm really curious how your situation will continue to go... btw , I used proactiv as well...... was amazing for about 5 days, and it ended up messing my skin up really horribly, I still have red mark scars from the terrifying!! breakouts I had with this, and I used it like a yr and half ago. (which the synthetic brush exfoliation is really helping to improve i might add.) Don't waste your money or efforts. Unless you really want to try it of course. :)

This is what works for me... :) I hope you find something that works for you

I really wish you luck, from the bottom of my heart

I know the feeling.

Keep us posted.

What do you know about Thermasilk hair products?, maybe thats whats irratating the sides of my face..?

I haven't used Thermasilk products recently, but in shampoos for instance some of the main things to look out for are fragrances, sodium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesufonate, menthol, etc.

I use a lot of the products from Magick Botanicals, and for instance this is what the shampoo ingredients are: Purified Water, Cocomydopropylbetaine, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Cocomide MEA, Panthenol, Germaben, Fragrance Free.

My friend used the product, it did nothing for her and her problem on her chin.

Another way to see this is if a cleanser just "cleanses" without doing anything else, that actually could be a good thing if it did not cause irritation. Usually a cleanser alone is not going to get rid of acne, but instead the right combination of things will help. Also you might want to look at the fabric label on your bed linens and bath towels because any synthetic fabric could be adding to your problem.

Sometimes your local health food store might have some gentler hair products, but sometimes they have a lot of fragrance as well. I found it difficult to find gentler products, so I had to order them off the internet. If you can get a Visa debit card from your bank you can also order things online just like a credit card (if your ATM card has a Visa logo on it you already have one). Good luck and happy Valentine's!

Hi Rache, I just wanted to add my two cents. My cheeks used to look a lot like your skin does... I don't have any skin conditions that I know of.. but I do have acne , which imo I think is really affected by stress and hormonal causes, specifically for me. Anyway, if you read my regimen below, I'm not sugguesting you begin exfoliating over active acne or anything but the cetaphil products have been amazing for me so far. Honestly, my suggestion would be to stop using the aveeno with SA in it (althought I love aveeno products myself!). Wash with something gentle, then if you need to spot treat, spot treat with bp or sa, whichever you find works best for you. But like someone else said, I think the bp works better for bigger pimples. BABY your skin! I really think, you will notice an improvement if you do, at least I did.. I know everyone's different.

I don't know if you wear makeup, but maybe in the mornings, wash with cetaphil, moisturize with cetaphil or/and wait then spot treat with bp , wait, then apply makeup (if you wear)

I would also suggest hydrocortizone cream, like at nighttime maybe, once you've finished washing, make sure you've got everything off, and what I do sometimes if I have a lot of imflammation is, spot treat with the hydrocortizone, I don't rub it in, but dap it on the spots I need to and let it soak in for maybe 10 mins or so.. then apply my cetaphil moisturizer b4 bed. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels like silk(from the cetaphil moisturizer) and I notice the redness on my cheeks and any inflammation goes down considerably.

I think you mentioned you were using tea tree oil? I bought the cleanser, toner from the body shop last summer, and it really aggravated my face bad. Maybe that isn't really helping you. I'm really curious how your situation will continue to go... btw , I used proactiv as well...... was amazing for about 5 days, and it ended up messing my skin up really horribly, I still have red mark scars from the terrifying!! breakouts I had with this, and I used it like a yr and half ago. (which the synthetic brush exfoliation is really helping to improve i might add.) Don't waste your money or efforts. Unless you really want to try it of course. :)

This is what works for me... :) I hope you find something that works for you

I really wish you luck, from the bottom of my heart

I know the feeling.

Keep us posted.

Yeah mine is resulted from my hormonal problem too.. I think I am going to try out those cetaphil products, thank you very much for the advice, yeah I have been noticing a diffrence with the vitamen A. I put it on once, or twice a day right on the pimples, red marks. And its faded the redness in some of them allready, and its taken down the inflammed few zits I had on the sides of my forehead. So theirs a plus there, and I have only been using it for 4days oh so far. I don't know if this is true or not, but some natural path I went to said that hydrocorstone cream can be harmfull?..I have used it before, but I rubbed it in, bad idea. Next time I am just going to do what you suggested dab it on gently, and soak it for 10 mins. And whats the synthetic brush exfoliation?

Thank you very much :) I'll keep you all posted, I am keeping a record of my skin progress to, to see what products+ methods work for me and my skin.

I haven't used Thermasilk products recently, but in shampoos for instance some of the main things to look out for are fragrances, sodium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesufonate, menthol, etc.

I use a lot of the products from Magick Botanicals, and for instance this is what the shampoo ingredients are: Purified Water, Cocomydopropylbetaine, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Cocomide MEA, Panthenol, Germaben, Fragrance Free.

Yeah from now on I will keep an eye on the labels of the diffrent ones. I know that there's some Avon shampoo, conditioner thats pretty basic and natural ingreidents. I know that I sleep on both sides of my face at night with my blanket up on the bad sides of my face, and same when I am on the phone. I'll keep my eyes open to see any patterns or changes in stuff my face gets in contact with.

Happy Valentines Day to you too :angel:

Hey Rache,

I haven't heard that about the hydrocrt. but I know it is some sort of a topical steriod I guess? whatever that means hahah, I don't use it often, only when I really need it and because it works well for me I don't feel the need to contine the treatment for days either. Just 1-2 applications here and there, if I break out bad.

Let me know how the cetaphil works out for you, it's so gentle, I think you'll really like it and I'll keep my fingers crossed. :pray:

synthetic brush exfoliation might be a really good idea for you to try, I just personally wouldn't go over any active acne you may have too roughly. Heres a link to a thread I recently started regarding exfoliating with cetaphil

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=84259

let me know if that link doesn't work and you're interested in looking at it.

Also, I got the idea for synthetic brush exfoliation from a thread on here by a girl named Jessica. If you go to the "over the counter acne medications" and look for a thread called "synthetic brush exfoliation, I think you will find yourself fairly overwhelmed by the 122 pages on it!!

From my experience with it, I reccomend a complexion brush and the cetaphil gentle cleansing bar as well as the cetaphil moisturizer afterwards.

I'm from Canada too, Ont actually... if you do decide to give it a go and are not sure where to find a good brush to start with, I can tell you what and where I got mine

good luck!!

Hey Rache,

I haven't heard that about the hydrocrt. but I know it is some sort of a topical steriod I guess? whatever that means hahah, I don't use it often, only when I really need it and because it works well for me I don't feel the need to contine the treatment for days either. Just 1-2 applications here and there, if I break out bad.

Let me know how the cetaphil works out for you, it's so gentle, I think you'll really like it and I'll keep my fingers crossed. :pray:

synthetic brush exfoliation might be a really good idea for you to try, I just personally wouldn't go over any active acne you may have too roughly. Heres a link to a thread I recently started regarding exfoliating with cetaphil

Also, I got the idea for synthetic brush exfoliation from a thread on here by a girl named Jessica. If you go to the "over the counter acne medications" and look for a thread called "synthetic brush exfoliation, I think you will find yourself fairly overwhelmed by the 122 pages on it!!

From my experience with it, I reccomend a complexion brush and the cetaphil gentle cleansing bar as well as the cetaphil moisturizer afterwards.

I'm from Canada too, Ont actually... if you do decide to give it a go and are not sure where to find a good brush to start with, I can tell you what and where I got mine

good luck!!

I have seen an improvment with a few of them, they have faded and are less irritated! :) Yeah, I am curious and wondering as to what?, where?, and how much your complextion brush was. Thanks for your suggestions, much apperciated. Oh yeah and I have been using vitamen A gel(straight from the caplets) and spot treating with it twice a day, I think thats working too.

Guest funky_monkey

have you been to the doctors about it?

I would do a search on this website re. 'proactive'. I've heard it's pretty awful, harsh stuff (not to mention the cost)

have you been to the doctors about it?

I would do a search on this website re. 'proactive'. I've heard it's pretty awful, harsh stuff (not to mention the cost)

Yeah I have, a yr ago or something I think it was. Its cleared up from that pic now, its less inflammed and red, I used some hydro corstine cream a couple times on it, and its subsided. I also went to a derm when my skin was let us say "pizza face", adn they put me on some meds, and gave me some cleanser, which did wonders. Though the pills took away my oilness to my skin, but it made my skin uber senstive to the sun, I got sun burn in winter because of the darn pills!, and since than I have been sturggling with with my "female hormonal problem"...I hope the pro-active works for my friend..I know that it burnt my cousin's face real bad..

Hey Rache,

good luck!!

I have seen an improvment with a few of them, they have faded and are less irritated! :) Yeah, I am curious and wondering as to what?, where?, and how much your complextion brush was. Thanks for your suggestions, much apperciated. Oh yeah and I have been using vitamen A gel(straight from the caplets) and spot treating with it twice a day, I think thats working too.

Hey, Do you have Zellers out there? If so I got a facial/complexion brush from them for $3.99cdn. It was located near the makeup section with a bunch of other exfoliating brushes etc. The brush is by Alpen secrets, and it's been working really well for me so far. However, a few days ago I also picked up another sort of exfoliating brush with a sort of different type of bristle.. I love the way this brush exfoliates as well, feels so good! I've posted it, so have a look and see what you think. I first started out doing two quick exfoliations a day with the complexion brush but quickly realized that was just too much for me. So I do it once a day now, at night, and this really suits me best. I have fairly sensitive skin as well and I found it took me about a week to adjust to this new routine. What I mean is, although the results were great when I started I did experience some dryness, hence why I'm now down to once a day. Have fun, keep me updated. : )

Hey Rache,

good luck!!

Hey, Do you have Zellers out there? If so I got a facial/complexion brush from them for $3.99cdn. It was located near the makeup section with a bunch of other exfoliating brushes etc. The brush is by Alpen secrets, and it's been working really well for me so far. However, a few days ago I also picked up another sort of exfoliating brush with a sort of different type of bristle.. I love the way this brush exfoliates as well, feels so good! I've posted it, so have a look and see what you think. I first started out doing two quick exfoliations a day with the complexion brush but quickly realized that was just too much for me. So I do it once a day now, at night, and this really suits me best. I have fairly sensitive skin as well and I found it took me about a week to adjust to this new routine. What I mean is, although the results were great when I started I did experience some dryness, hence why I'm now down to once a day. Have fun, keep me updated. : )

You betcha there's a Zellers store near by me, but I am wondering it Superstore will sell it too. I am going there tomorrow to do my shopping, so I shall look for one similar, or exactly like that one you posted. As well as I need to get some aloe veria gel, and some chamoile tea bags(because I do a 10 min steam twice a week). Thanks for all your help, suggestions, allready I see a diffrence(even if my friend didn't agree..ming). But I am finding that the A is working, yes..but its really drying out them(making them crusty, thats why this brush shall do wonders for me :)

You betcha there's a Zellers store near by me, but I am wondering it Superstore will sell it too. I am going there tomorrow to do my shopping, so I shall look for one similar, or exactly like that one you posted. As well as I need to get some aloe veria gel, and some chamoile tea bags(because I do a 10 min steam twice a week). Thanks for all your help, suggestions, allready I see a diffrence(even if my friend didn't agree..ming). But I am finding that the A is working, yes..but its really drying out them(making them crusty, thats why this brush shall do wonders for me :)