Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Spike Rose

alright here goes nothing

Guest Spike Rose

I was prescribed retin-a in late Novemeber and didn't use it cuz I didn't wanted to go off the regimen. I just really wanted the antibiotics. They have been working well for the lower part of my face. However, I never used to get acne on my forehead until just now, so I will give the retin a try on my forehead, but I will stay on with the reg for the rest of my face.

Maybe your breaking out in areas you have not broken out before because it can be bringing all the bad stuff out of your face or maybe you should just put it on the areas that you only get acne on. I used Retin-A. It made my skin itchy, red, peeling, burning, broke out, etc. I hated it. I used it for about two months. It took three times longer to re-fix my face from Retin-A. I am finally clear from acne and scars from Proactiv. But Retin-A might work for you because people who have used Proactiv are scared from that like I was to Retin A.

Retina A made my skin break out too.

It claimed on the bottle thats its "oil free", and got good oils, and won't irritate your skin, etc. But it didn't really make it dry, or itchy..but it made me break out all over the trouble spots on m face..

Retin A works by purging your skin. It is extremely effective if used properly. Most people do break out for the first few months, but eventually it can completely clear your pores.

If you take oral antibiotics along with the Retin A, the initial breakout shouldn't be too bad. Eventually, you can drop the antibiotics altogether and just maintain your skin with Retin A or a retinol cream. Compared to other regimens, it is not much of a hassle, except that you do have to keep refilling that prescription.

You are supposed to ease into Retin A slowly so that your skin gets used to it and you don't have horrible redness, dryness, peeling, etc. If you do get those symptoms, you are supposed to stop using the product for a few days and let your skin get back to normal before applying it again.

Retin A is not a quick fix; it's a long-term solution that can get you clear and keep you clear. But you do have to follow the directions.

People who have trouble tolerating Retin A may have better success with Retin A Micro or a high-retinol cream such as Green Cream.

Q

Retina A made my skin break out too.

It claimed on the bottle thats its "oil free", and got good oils, and won't irritate your skin, etc. But it didn't really make it dry, or itchy..but it made me break out all over the trouble spots on m face..

Retin A is packaged in tubes, as a cream or a gel. You need a doctor's prescription to get it.

I think you are talking about topical vitamin A ... or something else ...

I was prescribed retin-a in late Novemeber and didn't use it cuz I didn't wanted to go off the regimen. I just really wanted the antibiotics. They have been working well for the lower part of my face. However, I never used to get acne on my forehead until just now, so I will give the retin a try on my forehead, but I will stay on with the reg for the rest of my face.

:lol: I thought you wrote that you PRETENDED to be retin-a when I first read that. :doh:

Okay, off topic. But I had to share...

I keep on imagining this guy dressed up as the grey retin-a tube, halloween costume style.

Levuloseestego I like your siggy a lot

Thank you!

Except the sigbot keeps removing it. I have no idea why! It's within the size requirements and everything. :( I don't understand.