Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Currently i wasnt with neutrogena oil free wash once a night and i exfoliate with a scrub cleanser once a week. would more exfoliation be recommended or is everyday too much whic is what i used to do. Also what scrub should be used once a week ? i am also going to try out hibiclean or whatever its called.

I also do a lush all natural face mask once or twice a week too. I just switched to the neutrogena on the spot i find it soo much better than the oxy 5 i was using. Should i try dans bp ? or does it really matter. I guess i just dont want to overdo the products i am really keen on lush because its all natural.

I use my fase wash once a day and i do a major facial usually on sundays the whole steam and face mask and pore strip exfoliation thang haha.

i've heard that scrubs are very bad for your skin.

i would suggest switching to a chemical exfoliant.

i've heard that too but from experience my skin prefers manual exfoliation. it's easier for me to control when 'too much is too much'. i can't get the chemical things off fast enough when they start to sting. also i have very sensitive, delicate skin.

i think your skin will tell you when you're exfoliating too much. it'll be sore and red, either all over or in patches. if it looks healthy then it probably is!

Guest funky_monkey

Currently i wasnt with neutrogena oil free wash once a night and i exfoliate with a scrub cleanser once a week. would more exfoliation be recommended or is everyday too much whic is what i used to do. Also what scrub should be used once a week ? i am also going to try out hibiclean or whatever its called.

I also do a lush all natural face mask once or twice a week too. I just switched to the neutrogena on the spot i find it soo much better than the oxy 5 i was using. Should i try dans bp ? or does it really matter. I guess i just dont want to overdo the products i am really keen on lush because its all natural.

I use my fase wash once a day and i do a major facial usually on sundays the whole steam and face mask and pore strip exfoliation thang haha.

you're using way too much.

neutrogena oil free facial wash contains 2 percent Salicylic Acid which exfoliates the skin. that should be enough

you're using way too much.

neutrogena oil free facial wash contains 2 percent Salicylic Acid which exfoliates the skin. that should be enough

the acne wash doesnt do a thing for exfoliating your skin.. salicylic acid actually has to be on your skin for a certain amount of time to do anything.. its useless if you just wash it away in a cleanser.

st. Ives is a good exfoilaitor. Nice and gritty, leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. I have VERY SENSITIVE skin, i use to use that years ago. Im actually goin to pick that up and start using it once a week again.

My question is now, if you use an exfoiliator do you need to wash with your normail facail wash after it??

Exfoliation with a scrub cleanser 1-3 times a week would be okay. But exfoliating with the brush types everyday is okay and seems to work much better.

Exfoliation with a scrub cleanser 1-3 times a week would be okay. But exfoliating with the brush types everyday is okay and seems to work much better.

Recently I've been exfoliating on average about every day, since some days I won't and others I will twice. Plus I am using Retin-A Micro at .04%, which adds to the exfoliation. I use French Green Clay with some Jojoba and, lately, Lavendar and Clary sage mixed in. I also use the Vegecol mask by Aubrey Organics. I also use Derma-E's Glycolic Acid cleanser every few days, and their AHA lotion once or twice a week. All of this is relatively new though so I can't speak much from experience but so far no terribly adverse affects.... my face was peeling one day but I think that was from using Murad's Gel Cleanser.

Sometimes I notice my face is tight and dry, but that usually goes away after an hour or so.

I know it's excessive but I'm just seeing what happens and if I can get away with it. So far, so good. I'm just worrying a little about theory about stimulating your oil glands. But honestly, if I instigated my glands to produce more oil, it would be like adding a tablespoon of Olive Oil to a French-Fry vat.