Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punchito

Possible to ditch the BP?

I've been on the regimen about 8 months by now, it's been going so-so for most of that time, till about a month ago I started to drink Green Tea with lemon/honey and exercise my butt off. Oh yeah I also switch my nightly moisturiser for Aloe Vera straight from the garden once a week.

WOW! Massive difference, in all I feel a lot better, and my pimple/oil production is negligible by comparison. And red marks are almost completely gone! Only problem is my skin is kinda... ugly and I KNOW it's caused by the regimen, though it has helped clearing me up so much.

My pores are huge and I have these really disgusting grey pores that come down from the inner side of under my eyes moving diagonally outward, I dunno if you guys can picture it. I never had these pores when I was using the other half-assed acne treatments, so I'm 99.9% sure it's caused by the BP overload the regimen puts on my skin.

Question is, should I try to maybe cut the BP out of the regimen and just go for a high antioxidant / zinc / lemon diet with exercise? Of course I might use it for spot treatments (or maybe SA instead for that). I'm really thankful for the regimen in losing the acne, but I really want no acne as well as NICE SKIN. Can it be done?

I've been on the regimen about 8 months by now, it's been going so-so for most of that time, till about a month ago I started to drink Green Tea with lemon/honey and exercise my butt off. Oh yeah I also switch my nightly moisturiser for Aloe Vera straight from the garden once a week.

WOW! Massive difference, in all I feel a lot better, and my pimple/oil production is negligible by comparison. And red marks are almost completely gone! Only problem is my skin is kinda... ugly and I KNOW it's caused by the regimen, though it has helped clearing me up so much.

My pores are huge and I have these really disgusting grey pores that come down from the inner side of under my eyes moving diagonally outward, I dunno if you guys can picture it. I never had these pores when I was using the other half-assed acne treatments, so I'm 99.9% sure it's caused by the BP overload the regimen puts on my skin.

Question is, should I try to maybe cut the BP out of the regimen and just go for a high antioxidant / zinc / lemon diet with exercise? Of course I might use it for spot treatments (or maybe SA instead for that). I'm really thankful for the regimen in losing the acne, but I really want no acne as well as NICE SKIN. Can it be done?

I think you should keep fighting til you find an internal way to fix the skin. Keep trying stuff.