Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BReflection

One year later

Hey guys,

I've been on the regimen for a year. Before I had bad acne. I never really developed a lot of scars, I just always looked, in the words of an endearing boss, like a pizza.

Now my skin is perfectly clear. In fact, it's better than that. It glows! So here's my experience, in the hope that it can help.

The biggest guideline I would give is do not touch your hair. I started shaving my head, in fact (a number 2). And even with this little amount of hair, i've found that if I don't wash it twice a day the health of my skin will go down. I realize this is not feasible for everyone, so the best advice is to keep your hair as short as possible, pulled away from your face, and don't touch it.

I also found that washing my face in the sink is unsatsifactory. So I shower twice a day (as alluded to above). I use the giant Cetaphil pump wash for sensitive to oily skin and after I shampoo my hair I get some of my hairline, my face and neck. Then I get out of the shower, let my skin cool down for a few minutes, and squirt the biggest, fattest blob of Dan's BP that I can fit on my finger and layer it on. After that dries I use the expensive Cetaphil SPF 15 lotion. This stuff makes my skin glow (in a good way ;)

I also have 7 white pillowcases, and I use a new one every night.

It's clear to me i'm probably going to have acne for life. If I skip even once I suffer big time - right back to square one.

So yeah, it's a lot of work, but I really appreciate it, and I appreciate these giant bottles of BP. They really changed my life!!! Thanks, Dan. And good luck to everyone else.

Congratulations. Glad to hear you're all clear. That does sound like a lot of work, but I'm sure it's worth it. :)

I never thought about touching my hair before and how it can contribute to acne. I always mess with my hair and then my face! I will stop it straight away! I also had a fringe cut in to hide my messy forehead, but maybe that is making things worse as my hair is constantly resting on my face. Thanks for the tip!