Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What ARE red marks? Like what are they made up of? I wana get the precise answer so like...let's say they're made up of broken blood vessels. I research what works to heal broken blood vessels and try those things to use on my red marks (that are safe to use on Accutane). I'll be the guinea pig cause my red marks are the only thing bothering me and I need some way to get rid of them, but I'm also taking Accutane. I'll post if anything seems to work and you guys can let me know what these red marks consist of and what not, what they are why they are etc. etc.

Deuce

Basically they are blood vessels that have got enlarged by the inflammation which occured.As the time passes the building of collagen causes these enlarged blood vessels to get normal size so normally redness disappears although there are people who have these red marks for years.

they're horrible things thats for sure. totally screwed up my life. took away my happiness and my youth...is they are blood vessel then wouldn't just hitting them really hard make them break apart and flow through the vessel again? are they clots?

They are not clots.When inflammation occurs the enlargement of the blood vessels is an essential step in order for the infllammtion to subside.When the inflammation finally subsides the enlarged blood vessels is what stays back and takes time to become normal again until collagen starts to form.

thats so confusing to me. so each little red marks is a blood vessel? but isn't a blood vessel a long tube? are the marks only part of the tube? im so confused...what does this all mean!?!?!? this must mean that something is wrong inside my body. no other people i know have marks last as long. in fact my friend just had a zit and i looked today and there is no mark im pissed....does this mean my body has problems handling inflamation? what foods can i eat to help this?