Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had my 5th SB treatment today and I guess my skin has improved more then I thought. I guess I see myself everyday and don't notice the improvement as much as other people. The nurses in the office all told me my skin has improved sooooo much and showed me all the pictured and yes, my skin is looking a lot better!!! =D> One nurse who takes the pictures even said they were considering using my pictures for the before and after album! So that must mean something and they aren't saying that to make more money or just to make me feel better.

The milder scars are a lot better.......I would say about 40-50% better and the deeper ones I would say are about 20%-30% better. I had the microdermabrasion before and after that my skin was 'glowing' (that is what the doctor said). I looked in the mirror in the examining room and the last time I looked in there I almost cried but today I was like, Hey, my face looks good!!! :D I can't believe I could look at my face and not feel like crying especially with all of the harsh lighting in the office!

I still have bad skin days and I still have red marks where the scars are the deepest and I have brown marks from tanning and or freckles. I still have to wear quite a bit of makeup but I used to wear my hair covering my face and lately I have been wearing it back away from my face and am even considering getting a new hairstyle!

My mom even told me that my face looked fuller and she noticed improvement. For her to say anything positive is a big deal because she is a bit freaked out by the 'laser' and doesn't really understand how it works and doesn't want me to do more damage.

Today I think the doctor did more area's of my face as it seemed like he really concentrated on everywhere instead of just the spots where the scarring is worse.

I had all three lasers done again and boy is that expensive but I think it is this combo that will work best!

I asked what setting he has been using the SB on and it has been 14 (at least for the last two treatments). I will ask when I am done what the settings were for all 6 treatments.

Also after the microderm the esthetician put the numbing gel on my face she used this ultra sonic machine to help the numbing agent penetrate better and faster. Usually they have you wait an hour with the numbing gel on but I totally felt numb after 30 min.

So if you have mild scarring (and it sounds like a lot of you only have mild scarring or a few scars) I would totally advocate having SmoothBeam done! Yes, it is expensive but this is your face and if it really really bothers you (like it does me :(({|= ) then it is worth it.

I was going to use this money to put a nice down payment on a car but I guess this is worth it. I am still saying that it is way expensive and I do wish I had even better results but hey, I will take what I can get! :D

One nurse who takes the pictures even said they were considering using my pictures for the before and after album! So that must mean something and they aren't saying that to make more money or just to make me feel better

Make sure they give you something for this "opportunity".

It sounds like you have seen a lot of improvement. I am happy for you. Please keep us posted. :(

One nurse who takes the pictures even said they were considering using my pictures for the before and after album! So that must mean something and they aren't saying that to make more money or just to make me feel better

Make sure they give you something for this "opportunity".

LOL yeah right!! but I am sure I signed something before my treatments that said they could use my photos if they wanted. They have been pretty good to me anyway. They discounted the VBeam laser 1/2 off and when I didn't think it was working and I told the doctor I couldn't afford it he did the 4th session for free (just the VBeam mind you not the SB or the Yag). And my last (6th) treatment is free! All I have to pay for is the microdermabrasion ($100). I really think this clinic/office is a great group of people! I would even like to work there some time in the future. I am thinking about going to school to be an esthetician!

I am thinking about going to school to be an esthetician!

Goodluck!

thanks!! I am still undecided if I should go into a business of skincare when I have such badly scarred skin myself.......hmmmm :-k