Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluelight

Feeling weird around people

My hands sweat, I feel tensed up, I feel like I'm trying to stop my lips from quivering. I can hardly control it.

Sometimes when I look in the general direction of someone (but not looking at him/her, maybe someone else I'm talking to, or the instructor), I can't help feeling weird that I'm also looking at that someone.

Particularly I can make people feel really uneasy with me, there's this guy I know who's my classmate, I just act weird around him for no reason and now he feels uneasy about me, it's like I've a knack to drive my potential friends away! No, I don't like him romantically, but sometimes I just act so just to embarrass myself out!

I also feel quite self-conscious when people look at me talking to him, that makes me act weirder than ever!

My hands sweat, I feel tensed up, I feel like I'm trying to stop my lips from quivering. I can hardly control it.

Sounds like you have social anxiety disorder. This is a fairly serious condition. As Fetal said, therapy would be a good idea.

Particularly I can make people feel really uneasy with me, there's this guy I know who's my classmate, I just act weird around him for no reason and now he feels uneasy about me, it's like I've a knack to drive my potential friends away! No, I don't like him romantically, but sometimes I just act so just to embarrass myself out!

Strangely, people are uneasy in the face of uneasiness. If somebody senses that someone they are talking to is uneasy about something, they themselves will become uneasy. I guess the solution is to overcome your social anxiety.

try some deep breathing. it should help.

and yes, you do suffer from social anxiety. sucks, don't it?

Guest one_day

Its weird. I would of thought shutting myself out, would change my character as i had been away from everyday social situations, for a good year. So slowly day by day in the solitude, i would become a shy introvert. Thats what i thought was happening to me and had happened.

So im walking down the street to the store and on my way back, end up seeing a clique i knew in school. I wasnt doing nothing so i just kicked it with them for the night. I rejected the lure of weed coz ive quit. There were a couple of other guys hanging with them who i didnt know.

I was associating with the new recruits and old timers like i just saw them yesterday. Im still the same guy. Im still suave as hell.

I've let my Acne stop be from being social with people I don't know. This has really fucked my head up, as I've always been an outgoing, funny, easy to get along with type of person. Nowadays, I always have a sour face on.

Its weird. I would of thought shutting myself out, would change my character as i had been away from everyday social situations, for a good year. So slowly day by day in the solitude, i would become a shy introvert. Thats what i thought was happening to me and had happened.

So im walking down the street to the store and on my way back, end up seeing a clique i knew in school. I wasnt doing nothing so i just kicked it with them for the night. I rejected the lure of weed coz ive quit. There were a couple of other guys hanging with them who i didnt know.

I was associating with the new recruits and old timers like i just saw them yesterday. Im still the same guy. Im still suave as hell.

LOl you sound like me homie.

Just run nude across the street, so that next time you're in one of these situations, you'll think back and say, "if I can do that, then there's nothing I gotta fear."

Or just do the opposite and imagine those people naked instead :razz:

I know how that feels.. I thought I was pretty much socially retarded considering that I've been shut off for 7 months, but right now I feel like im the one doing all the talking at my college course (which I started 2 days ago, new peoples bla). Though.. I seem to have a tendency to say stupid things to fill in silence.. I'm already paranoid I've offended people by being a smartarse. :(

BUT! I also still think I have social anxiety, just yesterday my palms began to sweat, and I started to feel really "greasy" (not sure how else to explain that one), also my eyes feel a bit uncomfortable. Oh yes, and I think one of my teachers hates me because he gave me the toughest homework. Yep, still got issues.

Anywho, you gots two options, bluelight. Force yourself, or therapy. I say force, because I haven't had therapy for social anxiety but I feel as though I'm not doing too badly right now.. I still fuck it up alot, I'm the king of social faux pas, but at least now I can talk to the person behind the counter without my head exploding.

Weird, I think I tracked this topic but got no notifications by email!

I think I remember why I had "My hands sweat, I feel tensed up, I feel like I'm trying to stop my lips from quivering. I can hardly control it. "

It was during a lesson which went on and on after the time it's supposed to end and I'm anxious about running off to work on time.

But well, I should tell my problem this way:

Every time some person who knows me looks at me while I'm talking or sitting beside someone else (say a guy) I'll feel really uneasy!

I don't feel too self-conscious usually cos, well, why would you think people would look at you anyway when they're busy chatting with their friends, but then I look like something jutting out (what's that idiom again?) when I don't have anyone I really "know" in that class, though everyone recognises me from face, and they seem not to like me or don't talk to me. Going on for a year.

SIH if there were someone like you around maybe we won't be so stuck in this vicious cycle!

It was a discussion class, and we're all seated in a circle, so I couldn't just go like that. I don't like being late for the first day at work, that was why I was kind of freaking out.

I never tried to wait for a class to begin. In fact, I was always a few minutes late. I stick out like a sore thumb trying to read my notes when everybody else's chatting merrily all around me!

I never tried to wait for a class to begin. In fact, I was always a few minutes late. I stick out like a sore thumb trying to read my notes when everybody else's chatting merrily all around me!

i hate making the 'late entrance'... so you know what i do? i just don't go. problem solved. ;)