Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

hey guys,so i went for my first smoothbeam treatment last monday and it hurt ouch ,they started me off on an 11 after it was done my face wasnt red at all i think she could have went higher.well i see a little of a difference.i cant wait until my second one the tech told next time will be more painful to ask my doctor for a pain killer and take it a half an hour before the treatment.she also gave me a new regimen mostly of vit.c-plex power,liquid b complex betacarotene zinc and chromium in the office the vits were too pricy so i got them at my local healthfood store way cheaper so with these vit and smoothbeam i hope to see an improvment .

well i have a shit load of stuff i dont care for any more im going to but it all on ebay!thats how iam going to pay for my next treatment.look throught your closet you never know what you can find.

Funny you should mention eBay! I have tons of stuff that I was going to get rid of in a garage sale with my mom & sis! Perhaps I should reconsider the garage sale and use eBay instead!

Thanks for the tip! Smoothbeam, here I come... biggrin.gif/

...how is the acne situation coming? Are either of you seeing significant improvent and less zits and breakouts with the Smoothbeam treatments? how long did it take to start seeing improvements in the acne?

I am so depressed. My skin looks like shit right now. I am ready to do something drastic -- smoothbeam or accutane. i just have to decide which one. the problem is that my acne is only mild to moderate, but it is so persistent. and i have it on my arms too! it's the wierdest thing, and i hate it so much!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

i know it suks trust me i do .alot of ppl have used accutane here and have had great results there are risk involed that you have to be aware of . so do your research i couldnt finish my accutane because i had such bad headches i was upset because i thought that was my only chance at having clear skin.but then i came here changed my diet tried alot of new things,you have to try to find something that works for you. acne is so fucking complex .what works for one might not work for all, anyway back to the laser i only had one treatment so far about a week ago today i have notice a change in my skin it's smoother then b4 i can see a change in my scars too.btw what have you tried already?

Hey Guys,

Scorpius, thanks for the reply and the words of encouragement. My wife had her 4th treatment a few weeks ago and, unfortunately, we still cannot report any improvement. No improvement in the active acne, and no improvement in the scars.

I think we're going to discontinue treatment. We've already spent $1200 on this and it doesn't seem to be doing much good. We expected SOME improvement back after the 1st treatment and every time we went we expected something only to get nothing.

We are very disappointed, since this was our last hope. She refuses to go on Accutane, so I guess this is the end of the road. We'll just have to accept it and hope someday it goes away.

Good luck to everyone and I'm glad this is working for some of you, but we're sorry to report it didn't do the trick for us.

Take care.

Randy you are making me sad!! I've already spent over 500 but I've just had my 1st treatment yesterday.

Have you speculated what the problem may be in your case? I wonder why it works so well for some and not others...

Randy, do you know what setting(in joules) the doc used on your wife? Was it the 4mm or 6mm laser?

My little hypothesis is that the people who are raving about smoothbeam are those whose docs are zapping the heck out of their faces at 12-13-14 joules. Other docs only zap ya at a 9. So is a 9 setting strong enough to do anything?

Sorry, I didn't mean to discourage anyone. It just didn't work for us. I thought they had it at 14, pretty aggressive. But she never really showed any signs of redness when she came out, maybe slight. I don't know, maybe it was our doctor, but we can't afford to go from doctor to doctor until it works.

I just had my third smoothbeam about a week ago. The improvment is noticable in some of my lager scars that seemed to shrink in width and depth. Has this worked for anyone who has ice pick scars? I hear it doesn't work on them but I don't see why it wouldn't if you get them zapped right inside the scar with a high level maybe 14 or so. Well now that my big scars are less noticable I feel like my small icepick ones are more noticable now. I was thinking about doing dermabrasion after the summer. I have a consultation with a doc in august. Has anyone done a dermabrasion after smoothbeam. I am not sure how effective it would be on the smaller ones that still look a little deep. Anyway, I understand it is a slow process but I just keep things in mind.

Hey sunblock! I can vaguely recall someone or other doing smoothbeam and microdermabrasion, but you will need a huge pot of coffee and a day off work to sort through 106 pages to find it.

Or maybe someone who knows will respond..

Or the search feature?!

I wanted to ask, did anyone get any really good results from smoothbeam for moderate ACNE? I have no scars (thank god) but my mod. acne is so stubborn and ALWAYS comes back..

I don't really have time to read the whole thread..so yeah..any help is appreciated..

Some say it sucks, some say it rocks..grr.. question.gif

Randyr,

I read all of your posts and I can tell that you are skeptical about your wife's doctor. From what you've said something does sound fishy about your doctor to me.

First of all, my doctor says you must be off anti-biotics for 10 days before Smoothbeam. So it's odd that you wife was put on them.

Second, I have an extremely high tolerance for pain and I have had 4 treatments at 13.5 setting with 265 pulses. I numbed for an hour and it still smarted. I couldn't imagine anyone getting a 14 without any numbing cream at all. No way! It's not a matter of being tough, It's a matter of flinching. I just don't think it would be possible to sit there and take it hit after hit without numbing cream.

Also, did your wife get any brown marks or swelling after the treatment. Did it take a couple of minutes before her eyes could focus? These things all happened to me and the girls in the dermo's office say that happens to everyone.

I have had significant enough results that I can't imagine how your wife couldn't have.

I'm curious what other people think on this topic too.

V

Also, randyr, when I walk out of the office I look like one of those spotted characters from a Dr. Seus book. Why didn't your wife?

I have moderate acne, a few indented scars, large pores, and a lot of red marks. Would this work for all of that? I'm seriously considering getting it done. I've been calling around for prices and I'm looking into one of their package deals. One package is for 5 Smoothbeam treatments and 3 Micro-Dermabrasion treatments, it's $2750 for the package. Do you think this would be good for me? Thanks to anyone who can help biggrin.gif Sorry if these types of questions have been asked. I don't have time to read all 106 pages! Thanks again.

~*Farther Away*~

Eyes should always be protected by goggles or patient eye sheilds, these will protect your eyes. If they didn't I'd be blind my now and I use our lasers every day. The goggles must be for the proper wavelength laser ( each one is different )

Richard, you use the lasers everyday on a patient or they are used on you ?

So you think those goggles are enough protection?

I am such a worry wort, I should just go through with it already!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Richard, you use the lasers everyday on a patient or they are used on you ?

So you think those goggles are enough protection?

I am such a worry wort, I should just go through with it already!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
obi, I checked my pm messages and didnt receive yours for some reason......

send again, hopefully I will get it this time!

I've had about 6 smoothbeam treatments total charge of $2,500 (including initial consultation) with Dr. Nissan Pilest in Irvine, CA. I feel I've paid the high end, but there has been some improvement. My mom says about 60%, which is pretty decent, BUT at certain angles of lighting my scars can still look pretty atrocious with the shadow effect.

Maybe more treatments can boost the improvement. wink.gif