Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

For those of you that got clear/clearer...

I'm on day 5 of the regimen and I guess I've seen a tiny bit of improvement & I feel like I'm seeing no results at all. My skin is really really dry, so I'm trying to use lots of moisturizer. But my acne is still bad. My question is, for those of you that have gotten clear from the regimen or are in the process of getting clear... how long did it take for you to see GOOD, noticable improvement?

I'm afraid this regimen is just going to be one of the millions of things that doesn't work. Give me your experience with the regimen; What was your skin like after the first 5 days? How long did it take for your skin to improve?

I'm on day 5 of the regimen and I guess I've seen a tiny bit of improvement & I feel like I'm seeing no results at all. My skin is really really dry, so I'm trying to use lots of moisturizer. But my acne is still bad. My question is, for those of you that have gotten clear from the regimen or are in the process of getting clear... how long did it take for you to see GOOD, noticable improvement?

I'm afraid this regimen is just going to be one of the millions of things that doesn't work. Give me your experience with the regimen; What was your skin like after the first 5 days? How long did it take for your skin to improve?

PLEASE read my day to day report. it's on the thread with the title "FOR THOSE FOR YOU WHO ARE THINKING OF STOPPING." i update my experiences daily. i hipe that'll help. cheer up man. :D

It took me a year for my acne to settle down and become moderate. It has had its ups and downs, but when I started my strict regimens, my only break outs are just before my cycle, which is normal.

Overall, took me about 3 or 4 years, but I was never given the chance to go to a derm or get any acne medication.

It depends on what regimen works for you and if you are dedicated to it.

It took me a year for my acne to settle down and become moderate. It has had its ups and downs, but when I started my strict regimens, my only break outs are just before my cycle, which is normal.

Overall, took me about 3 or 4 years, but I was never given the chance to go to a derm or get any acne medication.

wow, 3 or 4 years? was your acne really severe?

mine is mild-moderate. i can cover it up with makeup but i'm tired of wearing concealer and having a bumpy face.

Guest yahyah

four months and now 100% clear. My acne was quite moderate, (read my post 'Its taken four months but i'm now 99.9% clear) and the first five days, well i was on DUAC then and the dryness was unbelivable. I didn't get an initial breakout until I switched to dan's BP about 5 weeks into it. After that stage it kept on improving until my second breakout around the 3 month mark.

four months and now 100% clear. My acne was quite moderate, (read my post 'Its taken four months but i'm now 99.9% clear) and the first five days, well i was on DUAC then and the dryness was unbelivable. I didn't get an initial breakout until I switched to dan's BP about 5 weeks into it. After that stage it kept on improving until my second breakout around the 3 month mark.

Well it was uppppppp and DOWN for me on the regimen. This is actually my 2nd time and it really broke me out bad for the first 2 months. Everyone is different but I went from having a few tiny clogged pores and not really any acne, to like big papules and pustules in like a week. Things started to get better at the end of month 2. Month three was slow and not much changed and now I am 17.5 weeks into it so like almost a 4 months and a half, and my face is clear with just redmarks from those bad breakouts. Everyones face does different things on the regimen, but just stick with it because the consisitency is what gets you and keeps you clear.

wow, 3 or 4 years? was your acne really severe?

mine is mild-moderate. i can cover it up with makeup but i'm tired of wearing concealer and having a bumpy face.

It was pretty moderate when it first started. I have never had a cyst or n/module and don't have any scars -- but they were red, large, and embarrassing and would pop up around my mouth, then my cheeks, and then they appeared on my forehead. Nowadays they can just appear whenever and wherever, but they are not as deep or as large as they used to be. I'd still like to become completely clear, though.

And I stopped wearing makeup, so I don't have anything to cover my face. I wear it the way it is. :(

I saw improvement at the one month mark and was 90% clear at 2 months. I'm at 3 months now and I'm clear, but my redmarks are fading very slowly. I started with moderate acne on my cheeks & chin and mild acne on my back.

stick with it.

My teenage daughter has been on the regimen for a month. We are seeing incredible improvement. A couple of things we do is CHANGE THE PILLOWCASE EVERY NIGHT!!! I think this really helps. She also does not put the BP all over her face but only on her acne as her skin was getting too dry. And she uses a moisturizer at night that has Glycolic Acid, which is suppossed to help with the redness. (Neutrogeana Healthy SKin moisturizer lotion)....SHe is almost completely acne free now...so be patiient and good luck!!!!!

Guest yahyah

Hiya x Believe me, the Regimen does work. It took me four months to get 100% clear, and my acne was quite moderate.. and yes, my skin was incredibly dry/flakey/red etc for a long while.. but it is worth it. After the first five days (i was using DUAC, not dan's BP then) i did see slight improvement, (slight, meaning one spot prob decreased in size - that's it) but 5 days isn't a long time. When i switched to Dan's BP about 4-5 weeks into it got the 'inital breakout'.. which everyone does get (its normal and just your skin purging and part of the healing process). I went through many many stages of diasllusionment/depression, and thinking the same thing you are right now, but stick with it.. it does work. The dryness is unfortunate, but bareable with plenty of moisturiser, and careful attention not to spread moisturiser on top of the BP areas all over your face. Bascially, apply moisturiser to the non-BP areas first, then apply BP to the areas that you want, then when that area has dried put moisturiser on top of the that area - don't then spread THAT moisturiser all over your face. Moisturiser spreads BP and so all of your face/neck/eyelids can become unnecessarily dry. Its all part of the trial & error process. But yep, it works!!! And i haven't felt this happy /confident about my skin in over a year since my acne appeared. Persevere my friend, chin up, and await the benefits x

Hi all,

It took me 3 months to clear up with just the regime. I had to switch soaps (from Cetaphil to purpose to basis) and I added 50-100mg of B6 and an Omega 6 vitamin which stopped my hormonal acne. I am completely clear. I was very dry the first 2 weeks and I kept breaking out until the end of the 2nd month so stick with it.

I'm a little past my 5 month mark and I have to say I am impressed! I tried so many things in the past and nothing seemed to work as well or as long as the regimen has. .I still have a few red spots from past breakouts but those are getting lighter every day. I know it seems a little sketchy at first but if you really stick with it and "follow the rules" then it should all work out fine. Good Luck!

I've been on it for 7 months now....although it helps my mild acne...i still have tiny , tiny pimples..my major thing is the redness..if i just had pimples that matched my skin color it'd be fine...but it the pigment issues that are getting me...