Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikewilliams1

How can I reduce the amount of Iodine i intake on a daily basis?

do u suspect iodine is causing acne..

i too suspect the same

bcos isuspect my acne gts worse when i eat salmon,spinach etc

iodine broke me out really bad when i had too much.. but i dont seem to have any trouble as long as i keep the reccomendation.. milk contains about 35-40% of the reccomondation in just 1 glass.. so i only drink a glass a day.. and eggs also contain a fair amount.. a lot of salt is iodized too.

avoid salt as much as possible as well as fish and eggs, at least at first to see if it makes any difference in your skin.

Do you take a multi-vitamin? They usually contain 100% iodine so any food that has iodine within will put you over the limit. There should be a vitamin out there that does not contain iodine but you would have to do some searching around, otherwise you can buy vitamins individually, like C, A, E, and whatever else you feel you need.

If you notice a difference in your skin then stick with it. IF not, then reincorporate some of the foods you took out and don't worry too much about it. I doubt iodine is the root cause of your acne, (although it may be, who knows?) but it can certainly aggravate it. I noticed horrible breakouts when I started eating more fish, especially salmon, and started to clear once I avoided it.

coconut oil helps the thyroid (also many other things normal metabolism, etc) but if your thyroid is strong it can use this necassary nutrient, iodine