Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a question for red mark sufferers...Do you sleep on your back or on your face? Also where are most of your red marks located?

Just trying to get some info because all my red marks are on my cheeks/neck. I sleep on my face. The marks on my forehead and nose area fade MUCH quicker and they dont get touched when i sleep.

I think that somehow having your face on the pillow so long kinda suffocates/irritates the skin so it wont heal/fade as fast. I think it would be good to let your face breathe until the marks are gone and when they are gone, we can go back to sleeping on our faces..

i have slept on my face/stomach all my life. unfortunatly, i started getting acne about two years ago. in the last week, i have started trying to sleep on my back and i can't do it. hell, i've been popping tylonal pms to knock me out. it is probably jsut a mental thing, but it is hard. i am not sure if rolling around on your face all night causes acne, but it might. i figure at some point i'll get use to it (sleeping on my back).

i forgot....red marks are on my cheeks which is where my face rest on the pillow, no where else. however, i don't think that is what slows down the healing process.

I've slept on my back for many years, but still continued to get acne while doing so. I guess maybe my acne would have been worse though had I had my face to the pillow.

Now i'm all clear but I still sleep on my back. It's not so hard once you get used to it.

Uhhhhhh.....excuse me, but isn't there a screamingly obvious issue that's being overlooked here? How the hell do you KNOW whether you sleep on your back, or your side, or your face?? Are you making the curious assumption that the position you're in when you fall asleep and/or the position you're in when you wake up is the same position you were in THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT?? Does that really seem reasonable to you? ;)

Bryan

i hear you. however, i know i sleep on my side/face. for example (this ain't good), but i'll pop a pain killer and go out drinking and wake up with wrinkles on my stomach. this is because i haven't moved for 8 hours hours. also, i really can't fall a sleep if i am laying on my back. it might not help, but it shouldn't really be that hard to learn. a few nights with only a little sleep and at some point you'll just crash, i think. the idea behind it makes sense. rubbing up against a pillow for 8 hours can't be good. and yes, you are correct. just because i fall a sleep on my back, doesn't mean i'll stay there.

Uhhhhhh.....excuse me, but isn't there a screamingly obvious issue that's being overlooked here? How the hell do you KNOW whether you sleep on your back, or your side, or your face?? Are you making the curious assumption that the position you're in when you fall asleep and/or the position you're in when you wake up is the same position you were in THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT?? Does that really seem reasonable to you? ;)

Bryan

wow you're not very smart are you...

umm i think i KNOW when i sleep on my face. Thats the only way i can sleep. The only way i feel comfortable. And throughout the night i switch from right cheek to left cheek everynight.

So to answer your question...I know i sleep on my face.

Bryan

When I started sleeping on my back, I noticed that I always woke up in that position. My head might be turned to the side a little, but I'm on my back and my face is never pressed against the pillow. When I was younger I slept on my side and on my stomach, and when I did that, I always woke up in different positions. I would sleep on my right side and wake up on my left, and so on...but since I started going to sleep on my back, I wake up on my back. I'm not 100% sure that I stay that way all night, but I'm pretty confident that I do. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and when that happens I'm on my back.

umm i think i KNOW when i sleep on my face. Thats the only way i can sleep. The only way i feel comfortable. And throughout the night i switch from right cheek to left cheek everynight.

Yeah, right. Very convincing. Get back to me when you have physical proof of that, which would have to be something like an 8-hour videotape of you while you're sleeping in your bed. If you could actually do that, I suspect you'd probably see yourself switching positions occasionally throughout the night, and it'd be more than just "right cheek to left cheek".

Bryan

Yeah, right. Very convincing. Get back to me when you have physical proof of that, which would have to be something like an 8-hour videotape of you while you're sleeping in your bed. If you could actually do that, I suspect you'd probably see yourself switching positions occasionally throughout the night, and it'd be more than just "right cheek to left cheek".

Bryan

w.o.w. Seriously man, Do you even know what your talking about?

I know i switch positions. I never said i didnt. I sleep on my stomach with my face buried in the pillow. Yea i move around but i always end up back on my stomach with my face on the pillow.

Man dont come in here acting like you know everything. Please explain whatever your trying to say about switching positions.

whatever...the point i am trying to make is it makes sense that if you are not suppose to touch your face that rubbing up against a pill all night can't be good. i am also pretty sure i just tunr over from left to right (cheek to cheek). i took a nap today and i slept awesome for about an hour. it is so weird what your body gets use to. luckily my job is very easy because i have slept very little in the last few days. if that sounds retarded, say something because not getting sleep sucks.

when you think about it though, How can the skin "breathe" and heal when its buried into a pillow? It's gotta be alittle better to not sleep on your face, right?

Guest Poker-Butt

i used to LOVE sleeping with my face buried in my pillow just like u balla... one cheek on the pillow...hmm... hands under the pillow...aaah anyway

i started getting acne as well..and since i'm on Dan's regimen now i 've learned to sleep on my back...and it was tuff but i've managed to do this... simply cuz i dont want the bp all over my pillows ....and of course i want it on my face... so this is how i sleep... and im pretty positive of this...sometimes i'll go on my side and hold my head up with both hands to avoid smearing the bp on the pillow

im not a deep sleaper so i know this