Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
light-moderate

Pan oyxl = good?

You can get the Panoxyl in 2.5% and other percentages from Boots for under £3, but its best to stick with the 2.5% if your going to be following Dan's regimen.

Yes it's BP and is available in different strengths one of them being the 2.5% version. It has a reputation of being very drying and irritating on the skin although I use it with no real problems.

I used it at the start of teh regimen until I waited for Dan's gel to arrive. I've been using Dan's gel for 2 days now (almost 1 month nto regimen) and find it make me much less red and is slightly less drying. But if you want to start the regimen now you could do what I did and start with PanOxyl whilst you wait for your CSR gel to arrive in the UK.

Ok thanks for the replies.

I used it at the start of teh regimen until I waited for Dan's gel to arrive. I've been using Dan's gel for 2 days now (almost 1 month nto regimen) and find it make me much less red and is slightly less drying. But if you want to start the regimen now you could do what I did and start with PanOxyl whilst you wait for your CSR gel to arrive in the UK.

I have been using the 2.5% panoxyl for almost three weeks now, and although it started off really red and dry, these have subsided, considerably but not completely. I was wondering if they will completely subside with time, or if these will always be side effects of using panoxyl? I dont mind it at the moment but I do want my skin to eventually return to a browner less kind of blotchy colour.

Any thoughts??

I have been using the 2.5% panoxyl for almost three weeks now, and although it started off really red and dry, these have subsided, considerably but not completely. I was wondering if they will completely subside with time, or if these will always be side effects of using panoxyl? I dont mind it at the moment but I do want my skin to eventually return to a browner less kind of blotchy colour.

Any thoughts??

Have you tried using moisturizer?

PanOxyl works..or worked..like a dream for me. Within 4 months, my acne became very mild.

However, once the colder weather came (late November) my skin was unable to tolerate it, including other products.

I remember for the first couple weeks my skin was red and irritated a bit, but eventually it did subside. But keep in mind that if your living in a cold/dry climate, that may explain why it's bothering your skin. Even with using moisturizer...

EDIT: forgot to mention that I only use it at night

ive been using panoxyl 2.5% for about 4months now. i had the same problems to begin with. my face was very dry and red and it didnt go for quite a while. the dryness and redness does seem to have subsided a bit but especially since the colder weather has come ive noticed my skin becoming more irriated. it's quite dry and is not red but more pink than usuall. ive been thinking about ordering dan's bp gel to see if it will be better. what do u all think?

will it be better than the panoxyl? less irritating and drying?

I'd give it a try if I were you, I noticed a difference as soon as I made the switch- less redness and maybe a little less dryness.

yup...

ive been on panoxyl 2.5 nearly 4months too..i find it doesnt stop my skin from being greasy well enough.it never made my skin dry, just red and very blotchy...it still is, especially around my mouth even though i dont put any anywhere near there.

im finding if i use enough, i dont get breakouts..but the oilyness is bloody irritating.

Hi im a 16 year old male and live in the UK

I started Dans regimen in last year, about September time, and i started with Panoxyl % aqua gel this is what my results were:

- Stopped initial outbreaks, but agrrevated skin so more came back

- made my face red

- stinging sensation every time i put it on

- made scars look angry and red(embarresing if your out and about)

So i went with it thinking id get used to it sooner or later

So i changed to 2.5% and i still had same symptoms.

So i went back to my doctor on Wednesday(18th Jan), and he put me on Duac Gel 6% overal. This stuff is great, goes on easily, no redness, it makes marks look less red, reducess redness in spots, does not dry out skin one bit, u put it on then go out lol, but i apply moisturiser anyway.

Ask your doctor for it, its the best BP gel there is, as Clindamycin(antiobiotic) is an acne treatment aswell, combined with BP, u cant go wrong.

iv seen drastic improvements in the 1 and a half days iv had the gel, amazing.

My doctor always says when he sees me, as with every treatment in the world, not every bodys is suited to all, so it looks like your skin is being irritated like mine was with Panoxyl, if u have irritated skin then acne isnt gonna go away, so id advise a re-think on a new gel.

Guest yahyah

I started off on DUAC, and I've used Panoxyl .. and Dans BP gel is definately much better than both in terms of effectiveness without horrid dryness