Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rusch1595

Suggestions for a gentle, soap free cleanser?

Heard a few good things about it. I'm also considering the wheat germ oil cleanser from the Diana Yvyonne website. I just want something simple to clean my face as I'm incorporating Green Cream, and Copper Peptides and possibly mandelic acid or salicylic acid into my routine, and I want to keep my moisturizer and cleanser simple, but I want to thoroughly clean the oil and make-up from my face. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dawn

I would nix the wheat germ oil cleanser, wheat germ oil receives a 5 (highest) rating on every scale I've ever found, and when I used a product with it, I broke out. I think it's good product for skin nourishing for ppl who dont break out, but I'd never buy anything w it in it.

The new Clinique Mild liquid soap is supposedly very good, and pH balanced to 5.5 (a MUAer did a test on it) which is very good as far as skin cleansers go. The extra mild is also an option, which is good if you have allergies to detergents.

cetaphil facial cleanser is really good if you want something gentle. The price will also kick but compared to the expensive gentle/make up remover cleansers...but you kinda have to know how to use it, well if you wan't to remove your make up..first off, dont do what everybody else does.. rub it on your face and splash it right off.. that is not the way to treat cetaphil! lol.. anyways i would recommend wiping your make up off with a make up remover first to loosen everything up. Then wash your face with luke warm water.. kinda rub your face this time. Then use the cetaphil facial cleanser and rub everywhere.. it will not aggrivate your skin at all.. rinse. repeat. 3rd time, take a smaller amount and kinda dab it everywhere with plenty of COOL water.. not cold not warm.. cool.. when wiping your face with a clean paper towel or clean towel try to not "wipe your face off" but gently dab to dry, so that a thin film of cetaphil layer remains on your skin

I have been using Green Cream for about a month now, and had to switch cleansers. I was using a Murad cleanser with salicylic acid before, and loved it, but it was way too irritating when combined with the retinol. I'm now using Calmin, which I ordered from a UK rosacea site ... it is extremely mild and my skin loves it. If you want more info feel free to PM me.

Q

I've been using that wheatgerm cleanser for the past month and find it really good. I don't wear full makeup though, just concealer on red marks but I do have oily skin by the end of the day and it seems to deal with all that. I did wonder about the whole wheatgerm cloggong pores thing but I think something to do with it being wheatgerm based castille does something to stop that, not sure what. They have a forum on that site which is quite informative. I'm using exfol form there too and retin-a. I thinking about mandelic too.

I've been using that wheatgerm cleanser for the past month and find it really good. I don't wear full makeup though, just concealer on red marks but I do have oily skin by the end of the day and it seems to deal with all that. I did wonder about the whole wheatgerm cloggong pores thing but I think something to do with it being wheatgerm based castille does something to stop that, not sure what. They have a forum on that site which is quite informative. I'm using exfol form there too and retin-a. I thinking about mandelic too.

I've been reading up a lot at the DY forum, and they often recommend the wheat germ oil for acne/sensitive skin, which is why I've been considering it. I'm still on the fence on what to get. There's so many products out there, I'm a little overwhelmed, and right now my skin is too. It's literally flaking off right now....it's a mess. I'm also thinking about the Eucerin Clear Skin Formula.

Dawn

Linda Sy makes an oatmeal cleanser especially for flaky skin (her site sells green cream as well). I think you can get a sample size if you want to try it out. Here's the web site:

www.lindasy.com

I'm not sure what the (DY) postage is within US as I'm in NZ but if it's not too much they sell samples for about $5 I think, but you probably know that. I'm willing to try any other good suggestions too, just don't want detergents but do want to feel clean.

So hard to please :shifty:

Might check out that site, thnx Q

So, I tried out the Diana Yvonne Wheatgerm cleanser today and HATED it. It left my skin stretched, shiny, and stinging for hours. I do not think it is a good complement to Green Cream!

Also tried the DY Rosehip cleanser and it seems OK, but I don't like it as much as the Calmin.

i just got the philosophy cleanser and IT ROCKS! You can order a 3oz from sephora.com for 10 bucks to test out. Prolly a 2 week supply id say...i use a small facial brush to get a really thick creamy lather....hands just dont work as well.

I have used quite a few acne cleansers. way too harsh...i had most success with nivea double facewash but this philo cleanser is in a league of its own. Very nice lemon scent as well.

A very gentle cleanser you can make for pennies, is to tie some uncooked oatmeal into a little square of cheesecloth, hold it under warm water, mush the oatmeal up and gently scrub the bag over your face.

Empty the bag every couple of days, replacing the oatmeal or you could just make a batch of 7 of these on Sunday, use one a day and throw away at end of the day.

I just ordered the wheat germ cleanser too (sample size though), but then I found this oatmeal "soap" on another website. Very gentle.