Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyche

Red Marks Used To Disappear Quickly--What's Wrong?

Posted

I have had acne since age 15. I am 30 now. I have dealt with minor breakouts here and there, but I remember, even just one year ago, thinking "Oh, that'll disappear in a few days." My breakouts used to heal so fast, and now they take weeks. Furthermore, the red marks leftover have been there for months and months.

Just in this last year, this healing process has slowed down to almost nonexistant. What is wrong? is it a change in my body chemistry? I have been eating all organic foods, most vegetarian. Drinking tons of water, and taking all the recommended supplements for skin problems.

So why is my skin so slow to heal? Is this a mental condition?

I have started taking MSM powder and Vitamin C. Has anyone noticed an improvement with these supplements?

Posted

man its depressing to have these redmarks...

Guest Poker-Butt
Posted

ive noticed my marks fade faster ... while taking VITAMINS!

vit c , vit b complex, zinc, chromium, and vit e .... i dunno...but imo they fade faster ...and trust me i have a million, but they seem lighter as days go by

Posted

ive noticed my marks fade faster ... while taking VITAMINS!

vit c , vit b complex, zinc, chromium, and vit e .... i dunno...but imo they fade faster ...and trust me i have a million, but they seem lighter as days go by

I take a multi vitamin (centrum or something) would you consider that enough to make a difference?

Posted

I guess I'll religiously continue with these supplements, but it's been a year, and still...these damn red marks!! Argh!

Guest Poker-Butt
Posted

i dunno...really.. nik of time ... i was taking a mutivitamin as well...but i had to take 3 of them at different times throughout the day and i would always forget...so that wasnt working for me.... at least this way i know im getting everything i want ... and i feel i get the benefits of them...

if the centrum ur taking is potent enough , meaning enough mgs/iu, whatever ...then yes :) ... i feel satisfied with my supplements...i feel they help my skin renew itself/heal itself

I guess I'll religiously continue with these supplements, but it's been a year, and still...these damn red marks!! Argh!

Posted

I think MSM helps with wound healing...

Posted

my new redmarks dissappear quickly but the ones that were there a year ago are still there but alot lighter. trust me i have alot too. i use GA peels and take vitamins daily. working "OK" but not great.