Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YorkMonique

What do you think "triggers" your acne breakouts?

I believe spicy food, alcohol and shrimp make me breakout.....and what pisses me off a LOT is that i love these three things immensely :D ....i mean what's life without some good shrimp, enchiladas, guacamole and irish cream liquor? lol.....its true tho...ahhh life is so enjoyable :doubt:

I think its milk and red meat. (I cant eat beef, allergic, so I mean pork) I had a plate of chinese food this weekend, for lunch at the mall when I was working. Then I went out to my friends that night to help her make favors for her wedding and what did she feed us? CHINESE FOOD!! With pork...After that my digestive system went to the dogs :sick::redface: and I broke out really bad!

I love shrimp too!

I mainly break out from generlly bad/ junky food. If I eat chips, pizza (lol how ironic- the most common acne insult, pizza face, and the food itself breaks me out!) and peanut butter, I will get a breakout within the next 2 days!

peanuts.

it's official now.

not sure about spicy and fat food, but i avoid it.

alcohol actually makes it better somehow..

any thing with nuts and peanut butter, pork products and just recently chinese food does the same thing to me only it takes about 1 and 1/2 to 2 weeks for the break outs to show up and on my neck and neck only! So go figure out why there only?! and do I love bacon, but now it bothers me too! It sucks!!!!

Definitely a lot of sugar. I'll be totally fine but when I have a pack of M&M's or hell, even a candy bar I'll wake up the next morning with atleast one new red mark, be it small or not. Like last night, I got a little carried away eating well.... everything in the house and this included 2 packs of yodles, guess what I have on the side of my face today?

Hormones, toxins, overwashing and cosmetics are biggest causes. Hence the triggers are complex to track down and treat.

Time of the month. Completely. Most women get a couple of pimples before their period. My entire skin type changes according to where I am in my cycle. And it's hard to predict and deal with, because my cycle is pretty irregular (due mostly to erratic eating/sleeping/exercising habits) so it's not like different phases last a set amount of time.

Guest Poker-Butt

who knows! i wish i did know so i can stop this friggin cycle!

- poor sleeping. i wake up soooo messed up if it's less than 8 hours.

- irritating products. im a pack rat and don't like throwing stuff out. so i still keep those horrible tbs masks in my bathroom. once in a while, i feel an impulse to use them, and my skin feels great then. but i ALWAYS regret it the next day!! argh.

- lack of poopoo. (haha). seriously though.

that's all that i'm aware of.

There are a few triggers actually. The one that gave me the worst breakout (read: entire-face-and-refuse-to-go-away-worst, which I'd tackled with over the past year) was a combination of stress and heavy coffee drinking over a period of time. Once I reduce the coffee intake to just half a cup every morning and practice yoga cum regular running to combat stress, my breakout ceased over the last 6 months, and my skin started to heal a hell a lot faster when prior to these changes, they don't seem to react to anything at all. *shake fists*

Then the next thing would be the monthly hormonal havoc. But those are mild and nothing I can't handle.

When it comes to food, it would help if I avoid chocolate, nuts, fried and spicy food when nearing the hormonal havoc period. Otherwise, I don't find a strong association between diet and acne, apart from the coffee, that is. Carbo and all that is fine for me.

If I knew, I would fix it. My overall skin condition has improved immensely, but acne still seems to come and go when it pleases.

products that don't suit my skin causes me to break out! ... and my skin's inability to slough away dead skin cells fast enough.

I believe spicy food, alcohol and shrimp make me breakout.....and what pisses me off a LOT is that i love these three things immensely :D ....i mean what's life without some good shrimp, enchiladas, guacamole and irish cream liquor? lol.....its true tho...ahhh life is so enjoyable :doubt:

You're like the perfect example of the typical things that tend to make acne-prone people breakout. Although I don't have acne anymore I notice the only thing that makes me breakout usually is sugar (and I'm talking insane amounts of candy, which I've been known to devour). As eLLe mentioned the whole not pooping thing definitely wreaks havoc on my skin as well. Other than that, non-food related, not having a clean pillowcase and being in a dusty room on a constant basis.

You're like the perfect example of the typical things that tend to make acne-prone people breakout. Although I don't have acne anymore I notice the only thing that makes me breakout usually is sugar (and I'm talking insane amounts of candy, which I've been known to devour). As eLLe mentioned the whole not pooping thing definitely wreaks havoc on my skin as well. Other than that, non-food related, not having a clean pillowcase and being in a dusty room on a constant basis.

Lack of shitting?!?! What's a lack of shitting? How much sugar is too much? I love seafood, how come shrimp causes breakout? I thought seafood was good for ya. I agree with having a clean pillow case and keeping my room as dust free as possible.

Lifting weights :(

I even stopped using acne products and my face was 99% clear in a week...all I had to do was not lift weights.

I can eat junk food....lots and lots of sugar; drink 6 cans of pepsi, have sex, masterbate, sleep on a dirty pillow case, not wash my face, run and sweat like crazy....and I'm clear.

But if I lift weights, I break out in 2-3 days. I probably sound crazy - but I swear, it's true. It's taken me a long time to figure out that it really is the lifting that does it. I'm taking pictures this coming week to prove it.