Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GregasGP

The annoying lip syndrome - cracked edges of mouth! HELP!!

Hi all,

On Accutane, a month exactly today on a 40mg dose and have had pleasing results so far. No initial breakout as it was under control tempoararily using the BP Regimen so I hopeflly should be in the clear now - touch wood!

Anyways, only side effects have been dry lips, however, my lips aren't that dry anymore it's more the corners of my mouth that are causing problems as they've split. They really hurt as everytime I got to eat or drink or speak or laugh, they split even further.

Is there anything else I can do to speed the healing process? I've been applying ample amounts of savlon antiseptic at night to help but this has had minimal results. I really want to get them healed up asap and just deal with dry sides, not cracked, painful and bloody ones!

Help please! ;)

Keep them moisturized and avoid cracked lips in the first place. I know sometimes you'll have to apply the stuff every 15 minutes, but once they crack they take awhile to heal. If they've got to the point where they are bleeding you have been neglecting them.

The best tip for Accutane is: when you notice any body part becoming dry, moisturize the hell out of it. Otherwise, it will only become drier and drier until it cracks or breaksout in acne or a rash.

The only thing i've found that can heal that is Dr. Dan's Cortibalm, but i imagine any 1% hydrocortisone cream would do.

I've just ordered some of that over the net. I found vaseline and even Cliniques stuff doesn't do a great deal.

The Clinique stuff is great layered on top of the Cortibalm but can't really do the job on it's own. I wish i could go back in time with a few tubes of Cortibalm for my teenage self when i was on my first course. My lips were pure misery.

The Clinique stuff is great layered on top of the Cortibalm but can't really do the job on it's own. I wish i could go back in time with a few tubes of Cortibalm for my teenage self when i was on my first course. My lips were pure misery.

Yeah the Clinique stuff is good but like super sticky lip gloss... and im a guy not a good look really. I'll try it on top of that Cortibalm whenever I receive it.

Thanks for your posts.

Trust me, i've been moisturising the hell out of them and have been very careful but this has just happened. My lips themselves like I said are under control, it's just the corners of my mouth that are now suffering as they've split.

I looked into the Dan's Cortibalm lip balm but it's well expensive as im in the UK and would have to get it imported. Is there anyway you can get hold of it cheaply for us UK people? Really need something thats solid and consistently works. Shiny lips aren't a problem at night obviously!

Any other suggestions are much appreciated. For the meantime, it looks like im gonna just have to apply loads of savlon antiseptic and skin healing cream to the cracks and hope! :wall:

Thanks for your posts.

Trust me, i've been moisturising the hell out of them and have been very careful but this has just happened. My lips themselves like I said are under control, it's just the corners of my mouth that are now suffering as they've split.

I looked into the Dan's Cortibalm lip balm but it's well expensive as im in the UK and would have to get it imported. Is there anyway you can get hold of it cheaply for us UK people? Really need something thats solid and consistently works. Shiny lips aren't a problem at night obviously!

Any other suggestions are much appreciated. For the meantime, it looks like im gonna just have to apply loads of savlon antiseptic and skin healing cream to the cracks and hope! :wall:

Also, is the medicated lip balm im after like here: http://www.delasco.com/pcat/3/Self-Help_Pr...lmP/CortiBalmP/

Thanks.

Thanks for your posts.

Also, is the medicated lip balm im after like here: http://www.delasco.com/pcat/3/Self-Help_Pr...lmP/CortiBalmP/

Thanks.

Bump - can somebody confirm that this is the right product? Thanks.

i like Palmer's cocoa butter formula with vitamin E Swivel Stick "for marks, blemishes and rough, dry skin. soothes chapped lips"

moisturizing and not too shiny, with a light yummy scent that goes away after a minute.