Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Legend Killer

Is this a way to clear up your face?

well I sometimes hear people say that they ahd acne and they put on acne medicineon their face and they did'nt clear up and they decided to stop using any medicines and just live normal and they got clear skin.

So is this true? and shoud I stop using any acne medicines?

well I sometimes hear people say that they ahd acne and they put on acne medicineon their face and they did'nt clear up and they decided to stop using any medicines and just live normal and they got clear skin.

I have no idea whether or not it's true...

You could stop using medication and see what happens, and if your skin doesn't miraculously get clear then you'll know what's going down.

I tried this and went down the healthy eating route, but my acne got much worse over a 2-3 month period. I eventually decided to throw in the towel and started taking B5 instead. Now i've been pretty much clear for 1-2 months! Marvellous.

I had acne for about 7 years now and I used to do nothing to my face (just water) and the acne was off and on. But I didn't know about this site before so I would sleep on my side alot, touch my face with my hands, did not drink that much water, etc...so I don't know if washing just with water works and my bad activities triggers it to come back or what?

Yeah, i have done that a couple times...i wasnt patient so i quit after a while but im doing it again now. I stopped all medication because my face is just too sensitive that and i thought about it and neither my dad nor my mom had problems and they didnt do anything like i do. My skin feels and looks a lot better...it has been about 2 weeks. It works for some better than others i suppose.

You must be out of your mind!...I tried that early on and failed then after I got cleared from Tetracycline I tried that and it worked for maybe 3 months...Now i'm back to Antibiotics.

I believe this has alot to do with the severity and the underlying reasons for one's acne. For example, a few years back when mine was pretty mild (maybe because of hormones?), I didn't use any form of treatment and every month or so, I would have clear skin. But during this time, my skin was pretty normal -- not dry, not oily. However, I know for sure that when my acne got worse (whole face worse), it was due to excessively dry skin which triggered more oil production. There was no balance and in that case, there was no way I could just "do nothing". I had to normalize it again or it would just ravage my face. So that's what I think -- it depends on the severity and underlying reasons (if you ever even know or have an idea).