Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was just wondering if anyone has tried adding in a toner to the regimen (probably after washing your face?). i've got a toner that i really like, it's non-drying and it's witch hazel and rose water. it's actually supposed to be a moisturizing toner and i love it. but i read somewhere that toner makes your pores tighter so putting it on before the bp would make it absorb less. is this true? any suggestions?

hi casey,

toners are not recommended or needed for Dan's regimen. He doesn't recommend adding in anything different until you've been clear awhile.

Are you having trouble with the Regimen? Is there anything we can help you with? If so, list exactly which products you are using and exactly HOW you are using them. We'll see what we can figure out.

When I use a toner it is after I wash and before my topical. I'm not on Dan's regimen, so I cant comment on that, but that is when I use my toner, when I use it. I use Witch Hazel.

hi casey,

toners are not recommended or needed for Dan's regimen. He doesn't recommend adding in anything different until you've been clear awhile.

Are you having trouble with the Regimen? Is there anything we can help you with? If so, list exactly which products you are using and exactly HOW you are using them. We'll see what we can figure out.

hey brandy! i'm not really having any trouble with the regimen; it has made my skin a LOT clearer but i still usually have a breakout or two going on. i use purpose wash, dan's bp gel, and neutrogena oil-free moisture. i wash my face with the purpose very quickly, add on a full finger full of the bp after my face is dry, and i slather on a TON of the moisturizer at night (i really need it) and a little bit during the day.

i just really like this toner that i have, and i remember before i was on the regimen i would use it and it would really brighten my complexion and all of that.

I do use toner (revitalizing toner) even thought its not on the regimen i still use it.I think i get use to it ,because i been using a toner for quiet 7 years already .