Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donkey_Puncher

Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser

Shouldnt this be the ultimate cleanser. It has salicylic acid which fights acne and it has glycolic acid which fades redmarks and reduce pore size. With a good moisturizer, shoulldnt this be one of the better cleansers out there. At least the idea is right. i've also heard pretty good things about it too... anyone here use/used it before?

Shouldnt this be the ultimate cleanser. It has salicylic acid which fights acne and it has glycolic acid which fades redmarks and reduce pore size. With a good moisturizer, shoulldnt this be one of the better cleansers out there. At least the idea is right. i've also heard pretty good things about it too... anyone here use/used it before?

I used this cleanser and it broke me out horribly, and it sucked cuz I was just clearing up, and i thought the same thing you did, that it has two great ingredients in it, that it would be amazing. i hate it. but it might work for you, i hope you dont break out

There are plenty of products on the market that contain SA and GA, and those ingredients are more effective in toners, serums, and creams than they are in a cleanser that just gets rinsed down the drain. Try it if you want but I'd recommend a serum or toner with the same ingredients. The only problem is that usually they come with alcohol so you have to pay a lot if you want a gentle formula.

Well, my main skin problem is clogged pores, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser. It's the _only_ product I have kept coming back to for years. I love the texture of my skin after using it, and I love the way it sloughs off dead skin.

A few comments:

-- I only use it in the shower so that I can rinse it off really thoroughly; I think it may have caused me problems (bumps, clogged pores) when not rinsed off properly.

-- It needs to be left on your skin for awhile so that it can work, and 2 applications are better than one. I put it on my face and neck as soon as I get in the shower, and continue to massage it around, applying more as needed, throughout the whole shower. Just be careful if you put it on your forehead, because it stings like hell if it gets in your eyes.

-- My skin is fairly sensitive now, because I'm using a retinol treatment, so I don't use a washcloth with this cleanser. If you do use one, make sure it's a clean one every time.

Q

Thx for your comments guys. I've been using this product for a few days and so far i like it. i feel like my pores look smaller which is one of biggest problems and my red marks seem to be fading. Ill keep updating but i would appreciate more comments on this product in the meantime.

This product is pretty decent. I like the feel of my skin after using it. As for someone saying it doesn't work as well as a toner or cream, I think that's just a matter of opinion.

Toners do nothing for me. This cleanser actually works. As for reducing pore size, it maybe shrinks them like, 8%...in my case at least. B5 and lack of dairy for 1 month is what is really shrinking my pores.

Im glad the product is working for you! I think the first time I used it I did notice my pores were smaller and my tone was generally evening out..but the second time it broke me out so bad, which sucked cuz i actually sort of liked it.