Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claud

What's the perfect makeup for accutane users?

I'm afraid to try anything on my face. But, I was wondering if it's okay for me to use makeup while on tane. I'm almost done. I have 2 pills left. But, still my skin is really uneven..

Should I just let it heal. or... wear makeup.

I really don't trust makeup..

but, I really want a good one that won't irritate my skin and I will look natural.

Well, I had pretty good success with mineral foundations from J. Lynne and Raesin Images. If you don't want to wear foundation, though, you can use a good concealer on spots (I use Mary Kay full-coverage) and a pressed powder (I like Almay's Clear Complexion in translucent). That won't give you the flawless look of foundation, but it will mute the splotchiness and is probably much better for your skin in the long run. I've been using this combo for almost a month now (some days I do wear foundation, though I'm going on one week straight of not having done so). I think less is more. Also, a nice blush on the apples of the cheeks can take away from the splotchiness, too. I use Clinique Blushwear in Shy Blush. Great stuff and is totally noncomedogenic! I've used that stuff for almost nine years.

Hope that helps!

I'm afraid to try anything on my face. But, I was wondering if it's okay for me to use makeup while on tane. I'm almost done. I have 2 pills left. But, still my skin is really uneven..

Should I just let it heal. or... wear makeup.

I really don't trust makeup..

but, I really want a good one that won't irritate my skin and I will look natural.

Don't do it! Maybe use some concealer here and there. When I wore foundation (I finally threw them out a couple weeks ago) I used almay's wake up call. Almay now has a new line, including stuff for acne-prone skin. I like it 'cause it never broke me out and no one realized I was wearing any makeup. I am also a fan of lorac's foundation, but I think it has oil in it. Other than that you might want to try either bare minerals or philosophy's supernatural airbrush canvas. Both mineral makeup and the before and afters I've seen are amazing with each. They both get awesome reviews, 'cept the philosophy one is raved more, numerous people ditched their bare minerals for it.

Go to www.makeupalley.com and under products you can search the bare escentuals mineral makeup and also the philosophy one to see what people have to say about it. There are reviews and ratings and it's awesome. Also the boards on that site are super helpful if you search both you'll get a ton of posts and comments.

here's a fun link for a before/after tutorial for bare minerals. http://community.livejournal.com/bareescentuals/21179.html

Guest fatallyours

does it really slow down your healing? I am on Accutane and occasionally wear make up, but I don't find that it slows anything down or aggravates my skin. Then again it's only once in awhile that I wear it, I've mainly been wearing a good SPF, mascara and lip balm at the very most, but some nights when I go out with friends I like to get all dolled up.