Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G.M

Since I have oily skin, should I wash my face with dove soap?

Im just wondering cause I don't really know what to use. Currently im using Clearasil Daily Face Wash and I hate it cause it leaves this tight flimy stuff stuck to my face.

man Clearasil really sucks. I hated it. I suggest investing in some higher priced cleansers and stuff. Or Nivea face scrub...lot of good reviews. Also if you use Dove, use a moisturizer after..it will help with the dryness

Purpose for sure... I use the bar, is the liquid stuff better?

I never used the bar... never liked bars cause they always been to drying on my skin even though the bar got some super great reviews at drugstore.com :)

... never liked bars cause they always been to drying on my skin...

What does "too drying" mean in this context? Do you mean OIL dry, or WATER dry?

Don't you wash your face in the first place to remove oil?

Bryan

Bryan

What I meant was too drying...tight face..peeling. Thats what soaps do. Soaps strip away everything leaving my face dry, peeled, and cracked.

What I meant was too drying...tight face..peeling. Thats what soaps do. Soaps strip away everything leaving my face dry, peeled, and cracked.

I've been thoroughly washing my forehead 5-6 times a day for the last several days with Ivory soap, and my skin isn't peeled or cracked, and doesn't appear to be headed in that direction. It's definitely DRY, however, because I'm keeping the oil and sebum washed off it (here I'm referring to OIL-dry...I notice that you didn't specify which one YOU mean, despite my direct question).

Posters here seem to use the word "dry" very indiscriminantly, without specifying what KIND of "dry" they mean. Of course, if you have cracked, peeling skin, it's not exactly obvious what's actually causing it. Is it a lack of oil and sebum, or a lack of moisture (water)? Or both? Or neither? I don't think people should take any of these things for granted. Cracked, peeling skin may involve more factors than just what you use to wash it with.

Bryan