Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f0kus

Yasmin - How long does it take to work?

Hi all

I've been taking Yasmin for a month now. No dramatic improvement, no side effects either. Just wondering how long it took to work for people? Also, I've read a few posts of people saying they got break outs from Yasmin at first. Has anyone stuck with it after break outs and have cleared up?

Thanks for reading and I'll look forward to your reply

Thanks

Guest been13years

You're really lucky. If you haven't had a breakout from Yasmin yet, I'd say you're one of the lucky ones who's going to have great skin from it in a couple of months. You have to go through a couple of cycles with it. It really irritated my face and gave me the worst breakout of my life, so just be careful and on the lookout.

I am so sorry to hear that for you. Are you still on it? Did it clear up after a while?

Thank you for your reply, it gives me great hope. It was my final resort before roaccutane and I am prone to depression and anxiety (used to be on antianxiety & antidepressant drugs) so I really didnt want to take roaccutane.

I am surprised I havent been depressed on Yasmin, I saw a nutritionist and he told me to take Inner Health Plus whilst on the pill and I think that helps a bit, I started to get gas from Yasmin and then I started taking Inner Health Plus and its all gone. Apparently you can get a candida problem without it, maybe that it linked to depression and anxiety? I dont know..

Thanks for your reply though!

i'm on week two of yasmin (i'm taking it and doing the regimen twice a day as well) and i have noticed an improvement. i can't say it's ALL because of yasmin, since i'm using the regimen as well, but i feel as though i get lesser breakouts along my cheeks and jawline. i'm not sure how long it's supposed to take before you see an effect, but my gynecologist (the one who prescribed me yasmin) told me that you see the most improvement within the first three months. i know been13years has had an awful time with yasmin, but many other people on this board have said it's amazing for them! if your skin hasn't gotten worse at all, i'd definitely stick with it.

the only complaint i have is that i started it on the day of my period... and basically my period hasn't stopped since i started taking it (almost 2 weeks)! SO annoying!!!

Guest been13years

Fokus-

Please don't take my word for it- obviously with something as tricky as hormones, one person's story is just that: one story. The very reason I begged for Yasmin is because I read so much about how great it makes your skin. Maybe a multitude of factors made it the wrong pill for me. However, I did stop taking it because I was getting such horrible cysts that were leaving scars. I really wanted to stick it out but just didn't think the chance for clear skin at some indefinite point in the future was worth more scars and inflammation. As soon as I got off it (Christmas day) I noticed an improvement. It doesn't seem to have messed with my time of the month, but I am still getting straggler cysts almost a month later.

I have extremely sensitive skin, not particularly oily, but prone to cysts. Also I was under a lot of stress and working in an unhealthy environment while on Yasmin. So I coulda had it coming.

Good Luck!

Sarah