Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnebattle

How does scarring affect your view on relationships? find it hard to date or get dates due to scarring?

NOT ANY MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE : but if you are already ugly then add acne scars (holes) on your face will make you uglier and maybe that's the case some shallow girls won't like you. Ok ok, i may sound like an asshole but think its true. I have a friend, he's good looking and have scars like Adam's has. On his temple on both side , and his cheeks but he's very active, have gf and succeed in his life. Acne = worse than scars so chin up when u at least dont have any more acne

NOT ANY MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE : but if you are already ugly then add acne scars (holes) on your face will make you uglier and maybe that's the case some shallow girls won't like you. Ok ok, i may sound like an asshole but think its true. I have a friend, he's good looking and have scars like Adam's has. On his temple on both side , and his cheeks but he's very active, have gf and succeed in his life. Acne = worse than scars so chin up when u at least dont have any more acne

um thanks for including me in that thanks :|

scars make u look worse, well mine make me look way worse, i think there way worse then acne really, with acne its like woo it will be gone in the end, with scars its like dum stuck with the shit for ever, my scars suck ass too dents very uneven skin such a mess with chunks of my cheeks missing in daylight, :( pfff

really acne isnt as bad as scars, well sure for me its not..

Sorry man, im not good at explaining. What i meant was that scars and acne are both suck but what i see from my friend, his skin is even except for the fact that he has scars from previous acne. His face isnt red or anything. But with ur case, you still having some active acne on ur neck, am i right ?? im on accutane and i get some really huge pimples like the side of the accutane pills on my cheeks, chin and forehead but they dont leave pit scars, is that depend ??

Ugh..don't listen to these people. Take it from me, I know girls pretty well, and one thing I do know is that a good personality can easily cover up physical flaws. Don't sweat it man, your not a failure, and I doubt your really THAT ugly.

yeah i think that if you'd be good looking otherwise then people would like you. it seems like a lot of people here use their "terrible scars" as a crutch and as i dont know something they blame all their failures on. i think that when you fail you need to look deeper and not make excuses like bad skin because to be honest [while it does have an impact on some things] it does not affect every fucking thing you do and it is NOT the reason people don't like you. there's some other problem with you.

ps i dont mean to sound like an asshole either just ranting

it depends on what you're looking for. if you want some uber attractive, physically flawless person than having acne and or scars probably won't help. but if you're true to yourself and come foreward with confidance than real people WILL find you attractive. for example, slug from the hip hop group atmosphere is a relatively ugly guy if you pay attention to his acne scars (they're pretty deep). however, hes a talentend musician and that comes from being truthful to himself and his fans. hence, girls find him VERY attractive. they practically drool. really, this guy does well. and i understand that this sucks to hear when you're feeling ugly and are are alone. but focus on what you want and be honest.........it'll help and people will naturally gravitate toward you.

oh yeah, how about heidi klum and seal?

hehe. just joking, but man that guy has done well.

Well scars is bad but you should know that it's no one's fault. The faster we learn to accept it the faster we learn how to move on. I mean i see people with bad scars at school with some of the hottest girl. Well i still prefer for a girl to see me for who i am and not how i look.

From my point of view (and I'm a girl) scars dont make a damn bit of difference to me. My husband isn't the greatest looking guy around, and he doesn't even have acne as an adult. He did have acne as a teen but he outgrew his and has been acne free since he was 20 (wish I was that lucky!). He has scars from that, mainly on his jaw line and some on his neck. Didn't make a damn bit of difference to me. When I met him I didn't have acne, I didn't break out until I was 24 and met my hubby when I was 18 and he was 22. He was funny, smart, treated me good and that was all that mattered. I could have cared less what he looked like.

Do you want a girl who only likes you because you look good or because you're a great guy?

acne/scarring has never had an effect on my dating. i don't mean to be bitchy or arrogant, but i've gotten every guy i wanted, and i always dated the 'popular' guys in school. even though i had honestly the worst skin out of everyone in my class. i find that if you take care of yourself otherwise [i mean, do what you can to improve the things that ARE under your control], have good self confidence [or at least appear to! if you pretend for long enough you will get real confidence], are friendly, interesting and funny people will like you.

think about it, if there was a girl who was grumpy, unshapely, frumpy, boring, and miserable, BUT she had great skin, would anyone want to date her?

I am a female and i have acne and scarring. I hate it of course but I do not mind scarring on men. It is not something that is a big deal. It's just a big deal because i have them myself.

acne/scarring has never had an effect on my dating. i don't mean to be bitchy or arrogant, but i've gotten every guy i wanted, and i always dated the 'popular' guys in school. even though i had honestly the worst skin out of everyone in my class. i find that if you take care of yourself otherwise [i mean, do what you can to improve the things that ARE under your control], have good self confidence [or at least appear to! if you pretend for long enough you will get real confidence], are friendly, interesting and funny people will like you.

think about it, if there was a girl who was grumpy, unshapely, frumpy, boring, and miserable, BUT she had great skin, would anyone want to date her?

Very good point!

Girls don't seem to mind, or gay guys (shudders), but it bothers me so it may be a little hard to get a date. I might hesitate, but I'd go ahead and do it.

Right now it's a little hard because my face flushes very easily and is dry so it is uncomfortable to go out in the sun and such so I prefer not going on dates, but I wouldn't mind if it on a cloudy and cool day or at night.

um thanks for including me in that thanks :|

Saved you the extra effort i guess!

I complain about this constantly, so sorry....but I have a dent from a cortisone shot I got right between my eyes on a cyst that came back at least 5 times and got to massive proportions. I'm always worried about shadows and it being visible. I have no problem getting dates and haven't since I was 17, but I don't act quite myself when I'm thinking about the visibility of crap on my face, in particular this crappy scar. Out of all places, too this has to be the worst. :ermm:

acne/scarring has never had an effect on my dating. i don't mean to be bitchy or arrogant, but i've gotten every guy i wanted, and i always dated the 'popular' guys in school. even though i had honestly the worst skin out of everyone in my class. i find that if you take care of yourself otherwise , have good self confidence [or at least appear to! if you pretend for long enough you will get real confidence], are friendly, interesting and funny people will like you.

Consider this, if a girl was exactly the same as you in every way except she had perfect skin, who do you think the guys would have gone for?

Maybe you put out alot, maybe you have low standards, or maybe you're just really attractive despite your acne, but I can say with 100% certainty that the majority of guys in highschool couldn't give two shits about personality. That only comes as they get older.

Girls don't seem to mind, or gay guys (shudders),

shudders? whats up with that man? gay guys care. trust me on that one. gay guys are guys. straight guys care and gay guys care. only women don't seem to care, which is great for all the straight guys.

Girls don't seem to mind, or gay guys (shudders),

shudders? whats up with that man? gay guys care. trust me on that one. gay guys are guys. straight guys care and gay guys care. only women don't seem to care, which is great for all the straight guys.

So you counter an ignorant comment with another equally ignorant one. *shudders*

not everyone, but lotta you ppl need to relax with the girls situation..it's really not worth it most of the time. you're just stressing yourself out more if you have low self confidence with acne. and yeah a personality can sometimes overcome if your face sucks, but if you don't have that type of personality don't bother trying it's most likely not worth it unless you know what youre doin that's REAL