Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnemom

Eucerin moisturizer discontinued?

Has the Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion been discontinued? If so, what do you use now, and does it work as good? Thanks!

it is supposed to be discontinued this month, however there is still stock of it out there, so I suppose it will be available until all stock has been sold. I just bought 3 bottles of it at Walgreen the other day. I bought all they had since I know it is going to be gone soon.

Dan is in the process of formulating a moisturizer that is hopefully similar to the Eucerin Skin Renewal, so hopefully in a few months that will be available.

If you find it anywhere, I'd stock up. I ordered the bottles for our new moisturizer yesterday. I'm ordering the pumps next week, but they take 10-12 weeks. Then we need to fill and test. So we're lookin' at best case scenario 4 months from now for the new moisturizer.

On a positive note, our manufacturer sent me some awesome samples. After three tries with me nitpicking, they finally made us a moisturizer that moisturizes as well as Eucerin, which I have never experienced before with any other moisturizer. This new moisturizer is also not greasy like Eucerin, so it's pretty amazing. They really rose to the challenge. I'm going to send it out to some moderators to get their opinion on it.

I'm also going to sample a silicon(e?) based and a water based moisturizer from our manufacturer. My thought is that if we can get a gel-feeling moisturizer that hydrates as well as a cream that would be nice. This way there will be zero change of anything turning white when you perspire. Also, I tried one clear moisturizing serum from another company and while it didn't moisturize well the fact that it went on clear was exciting. There was no extra irritation that can come from smearing a cream around and around until it's absorbed completely. What do you guys think of a clear moisturizer? I think it's an awesome idea.

If you find it anywhere, I'd stock up. I ordered the bottles for our new moisturizer yesterday. I'm ordering the pumps next week, but they take 10-12 weeks. Then we need to fill and test. So we're lookin' at best case scenario 4 months from now for the new moisturizer.

On a positive note, our manufacturer sent me some awesome samples. After three tries with me nitpicking, they finally made us a moisturizer that moisturizes as well as Eucerin, which I have never experienced before with any other moisturizer. This new moisturizer is also not greasy like Eucerin, so it's pretty amazing. They really rose to the challenge. I'm going to send it out to some moderators to get their opinion on it.

I'm also going to sample a silicon(e?) based and a water based moisturizer from our manufacturer. My thought is that if we can get a gel-feeling moisturizer that hydrates as well as a cream that would be nice. This way there will be zero change of anything turning white when you perspire. Also, I tried one clear moisturizing serum from another company and while it didn't moisturize well the fact that it went on clear was exciting. There was no extra irritation that can come from smearing a cream around and around until it's absorbed completely. What do you guys think of a clear moisturizer? I think it's an awesome idea.

thats a brilliant idea dan,so your moisturizer with or without spf15 will be out these coming spring :D

definately a good idea with the clear moist., as i play lots of sports and its extremely annoying. However, I would rather have the cream if the gel can't be formulated to work as good as original eucerin spf 15.

Clear would be great! If I get my face wet, say from some accidental splashing or I clumsily spill my drink down my face :shifty: then I get a temporary white mark where the water touched. I don't know if this is from the BP or Eucerin but it happens -- maybe it's the combo of both. Doesn't really bother me too much because I just keep my face dry, but it would be nice if it wasn't an issue.

Any idea why they are discontinuing the Eucerin?

I believe it was lack of consumer response, i.e., they didn't make enough money off of it.

since i started the regimen over a week ago ive used a tea tree moisturizing gel which includes peppermint oils, havent had any problems with it altho ive never tried a cream moisturizer so i cant compare, i never get any white streaks tho!

I'm going to make us both an spf and a non-spf moisturizer. The spf one will take many more months though because it will have to go through FDA required testing and stuff. SPF is considered an active ingredient. I'll let you guys know what I think of the clear moisturizers when I get them in the mail and try them out. I just sent the creamy moisturizer to some moderators so we'll see what they think of that soon.

You really moved quickly on this one, Dan!!! I don't use moisturizer at night but an SPF moisturizer that's as good as Eucerin minus the greasiness would bring my skin care regimen as close to perfect as possible!! I haven't really had any problems that a clear moisturizer would solve, but it sounds exciting, nonetheless! :razz: Godspeed, Good man!!