Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charmedone659

Does anyone know of any good home acne remedies?

Does anyone know of any awesome, pretty skin clearing, or skin clearing at home acne remedies? In other words, very powerful remedies? Or any other type of acne treatment like it? Thanks!

I heard lemon juice from lemon slices are good to reduce pimple size and to help with lightening scarring....apple cider vinegar is also good..take a few teaspoons per day...radishes are also good, i hear...keep in mind i havent tried any of these things because I'm on Dan's regimen..try them out and tell me if it helps!!

k, first of all, don't get your hopes up, these aren't meant to be miracles.

the ones i've tried:

- acv. you can drink it (with water of course, and honey as sweetner). and you can use it as a toner (again, diluted with water). white vinegar also works the same as a toner, but i wouldn't drink it. this is, i believe, for the overall complexion improvement. drinking acv is wonderfully detoxifying. i love it. this is a part of my gentle regimen, and i've been clear for months.

- olive oil+salt to scrub away blackheads. too abrasive and irritating.

- drinking lemon water. too much work in squeezing fresh lemons, so gave up.

Here's a good one that im doing right now:

MORNING:

1. wash face with mild cleanser

2. exfoliate with baking soda (make a paste with water)

3. apply apple cider vinegar (dilute it 1:4) - wash off after 10 minutes

4. apply egg white mask ( buy egg whites from the grocery store, take a table spoon and whiip it up, then add a some lemon drops to it) Leave the mask on for 10 minutes and wash off. make sure you're using EGG WHITES not the whole egg

5. Apply moisturizer if necessary

NIGHTTIME:

1. wash face with mild cleanser

2. apply your choice of acne cream if you like (BP, etc.)

I use Differin but am slowly stopping

and thats pretty much it. This traditional Indian remedy has made me almost 100% clear in a couple weeks and does wonders for red marks BUT you MUST STICK WITH IT. Don't give up if you don't see immediate results

CHeers

white vinegar also works the same as a toner, but i wouldn't drink it. this is, i believe, for the overall complexion improvement.

DO NOT use white vinegar. USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. white vinegar is way too harsh for you skin. Trust me

I just posted this on another thread, but I think it works here as well. So far I am seeing an improvement versus the chemical concotions that I have used for SOOOOO many years.

My regimen:

am

wash with Neem oil soap

toner made from ACV, aspirin, green tea, tea tree oil, lavendar oil, and ylang ylang oil

tea tree oil spot treat any blemishes

lavendar oil spot treat red marks

aloe vera

If I'm going out and putting on makeup, I apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia to help control my oiliness. I've heard good things about jojoba oil, so that's the next thing I will add to my arsenal.

pm

Basically the same except that I also add a Neem Leaf cream after the toner

3 or 4 times a week I alternate masks made of:

Aztec Clay and aspirin mixed with ACV

Neem Bark treatment mask

Aspirin mask

Supplements:

B5 complex

Evening Primrose Oil

Omega-3 Oil

Zinc

Tons and tons of water

My face is really tough and not sensitive in the least so I use full strength Bragg's ACV. If you have sensitive skin, I would definitely suggest diluting the ACV.

DO NOT use white vinegar. USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. white vinegar is way too harsh for you skin. Trust me

um, simply from the packaging, they're both 5% acetic (sp?) acid. so, i presume the acidity ph would be similar. i don't know how white vinegar can be more harsh than acv. of course, i dilute both when putting them directly onto face. though i also prefer acv over white vinegar, simply because it comes about in a more "natural" way.

Guest quack

a few of my cousins and a friend use fresh garlic on a breakout. you get a clove, skin it, cut it in half and start rubbing the chopped part on a pimple. apparently, it works for them (but then again, they only get 1 pimple once a month). anyhow, this is what i've heard.

and i tried the lemon thing but that made me breakout even more.

I used to use Oatmeal and Honey on my skin, too bad I don't have the time to do it anymore! I would put honey all over dry oatmeal, then add water to both, and then take the liquid from both and put it all over my face. Some people put the oats on their skin, but I never liked doing that because I thought they really had no benifit and then they became messy when the mixture started to dry. If you try it, just leave the mask on for like 10 minutes.

Does anyone know of any awesome, pretty skin clearing, or skin clearing at home acne remedies? In other words, very powerful remedies? Or any other type of acne treatment like it? Thanks!

Here is a home mask that will suck the crap out of your face.

Kanolin (clay)

Egg white

3 teaspoons of garlic juice

Juice from half a lemon

Put that on your face every night for a week, its very clearing.

This is something I read off the newspaper -- blend carrot and onion together in ratio of 2:1 (I use half a medium size carrot with a quarter onion). Mix a tablespoon of honey to the mixture. Add a few drops of lemon juice for oily skin. Mixed all the ingredients well and apply on face. Keep on for 10-30 minutes. Wash off properly.

I've tried it and found that it helps reduce pimples, especially big painful ones. Hope it works for others as well. ;)

i wanna bring this thread back!!! haha.. i was just thinking of making a thread asking for at home acne remedies.. i found this on a website..

Facial Exfoliater Recipe

2 heaped tsp fine oatmeal

1 tsp. baking soda

Combine ingredients, and add enough water to make a paste. Apply to skin and rub gently. Rinse and gently pat dry.

Heres the LINK

I just used baking soda this morning for an exfoliater after reading a thread about using that and then ACV as a toner and then a egg white/lemon juice mask...i found this on the ARM & HAMMER website..

Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant

Are you a fan of the self-tan? Before applying products that give you a ‘glow’, give yourself an invigorating, yet gentle, facial and body scrub with ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda. Removing dead skin cells will leave your skin soft and smooth, perfect before application. Make a paste of 3 parts ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. Gentle enough for daily use! LINK FOR ARM & HAMMER

This makes me feel a lil better..since after i used baking soda i saw a buncha people talking bad about it..how its not good for your skin.. it might be but im gettin really mad b/c of my icky dry skin! my makeup goes on terrible. i think its okay to use baking soda if im putting AVC on after it..i dont know :lol: