Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

How to add Retin-A, Tazorac, etc. to regimen?

I think Taz is effective in keeping my pores unclogged and make my skin look smoother. How should I add that to the BP Gel regimen?

I think Taz is effective in keeping my pores unclogged and make my skin look smoother. How should I add that to the BP Gel regimen?

I use a very modified version of the Regimen, but I found much better success using prescription topicals, and much smaller amounts of BP than is reccomended.

I use Retin-A micro at night and BP in the morning. Currently I'm using Duac gel, which is 5%BP and 1% clindamycin (not reccomended in the Regimen) in the morning. I'm thinking of switching to an OTC BP (I might go back to Proactiv's BP...I always liked that one). I don't think I really need the clindamycin anyway and I'd like a more cosmetically appealing, emollient formula.

The trick is to use the retinoid and the BP, but make sure they are applied at least 8-12 hours apart (one at night and one in the morning), because they can interact with eachother, and make you super red and flakey.

Just be careful of the amount of BP you use. Start out slow, because the retinoid will make you very sensitive.

Make sure you moisturize and wear SPF during the day....