Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

POLL: Worst products you've ever used!

products that i have used werent at all the worst like everyone has said but they sure were useless..

- neutrogena acne wash

- Clean and clear black head remover wash

- Olay foaming wash

- Clean and clear acne wash

*BASICLY anything with ACNE wash in it was like dumb

proactiv works for like a week and then nada...

triaz pads made my entire face red, peely, itchy, and burn

retin a - did nothing!

jason aloe vera moisturizer - burned went applyed

Topical Vitamin A from VC Labs. It severely scarred my forehead. Hopefully not for life, but I still have a lot of scars from September. :mad:

ANYTHING by Noxema ... death to their products!

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - dried the shit out of my skin, and I have oily skin!

Oxy Pads - Too harsh, and left my face looking shiny, red and splotchy!

Neutrogena's Blackhead Clearing Astringent - Nothing but a bottle full of alcohol.

Personal least-faves:

Anything made by Clearasil

Anything containing benzoyl peroxide

Anything claiming to remove blackheads

But, as we all should have figured out by now ... everyone's skin is different. I have clogged pores, but not cystic acne. Retin A worked really well for me. I'm currently using the topical Vitamin A from VC Labs and that's working for me, too.

Q

Burts Bees Marshmallow moisturiser (something like that). I could feel all the unborn pimples forming on my face. Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing scrub, didn't do jack.

When I first started to break out,I used those damn Oxy Pads,HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

It burnt my skin so bad,and now I'm left with a big burn mark on my face,permanently.

I have a small drug store cosmetic section in my bathroom. My husband thinks it is well over a thousand dollars worth of products and NONE of them have worked. I do believe that people have acne for different reasons: hormones, over production of oil, improper skin shedding, baterial growth, ect... However, I don't understand why so many products and still not much results. Makes one wonder.

Anyway:

another vote for ProActive - haa haa haa haa haa haa joke was on me!

another vote for Murad- a little better, but not nearly as good as I was expecting

Zia

Mychelle

Clinique

Peter Thomas Roth

Serious Skin Care (Jennifer Flavin Stalones baby)

MD Formulations

Neutrogena

Clean and Clear

Clearasil

Aveeno

St. Ives

Oil of Olay

Loreal's (new acne treatment line - yuck!)

Acne Free

Acne Free in One Day (book - a joke, waste of time and money)

Exposed Skin Care- glorified Proactive and it's more expensive too!

Tetracycline - worked at first

Minocycline- didn't do squat

Retin-A - made my skin hurt

Differen - made my acne worse

Glycare

Alpha Hydroxy Solutions

Clinical Skin Care Solutions

Arbonne

Mary Kay

I keep every product I have used under my sink (I am running out of room) to remind myself of what I have already bought and what doesn't work. SOmetimes, I try things again and it still doesn't work. Imagine that!

Sorry I put down so many products, but they all caused problems or didn't work; so I thought I would post all of them. Wish I had known before I bought.

Most astringents worked against my face, even though it's pretty oily. So poo on them.

-Medicated face washes.

-clean & clear lotions/moisturizers.

-Almay's milk plus (moisturizer)

-Peter Thomas Roth acne gel

MURAD!!!! Someone needs to sue, this is just ridiculous, that that jack-crap of a system ruined so many of our faces. The only reason I even had to come to this site was because of Acne Complex.. GRRRR!!

I honestly had no success with proactiv. (although it will work on some ppl) So heres the story..

i would use the RENEWING CLEANSER from proactiv

--pat face dry

--Clean&Clear PERSA-GEL bp10&

--Proactiv Refining mask on spots..

^^^^ that routine worked greattttt for me.

i got a job proactiv and brought home lots of goodies. They train us on each product and Acne all together. so i thought i had a pretty good udnerstanding of how skin/acne worked...Since i was already using their renewing cleanser, i thought that if i actually used the 3step system, i could get even BETTER results..

So thast what i did.. i used the RenewingCLEANSER, REVITALIZING TONER, and REPAIR LOTION LAST.

after two weeks of using that routine [every morning and every night].. ive got pimples in places ive never gotten before, and much much much more inflamtion than usual. and white heads!! never had any until proactiv!!! i couldnt beleive what the fuck was happening here!!! Its been aout 9 months. and my face still looks like shit.. so PROACTIV made my skin super crappy.

The funny part about it is that i actually work for the company and sell this product to people!! PRoactiv ruined my life and ironically i have to sell and lie to ppl about how great their product is.. Most embarassing thing about working there is that im covered with pimples. so when a customer would ask me,

"Does this really work?" of course i would say"yes" (because its commission.)

then they would look at my face and say,"do YOU use it?"

and i have to say.." yes, its the number one acne treatment in the country"... but i actually would really like to say to them is "fuck off!!"

sorry i may seem quite bitter, but isnt that the effect that acne has on us? Its a horrible feeling, i have the lowest of self-esteem.. right now i am trying Natures Cure, and i do notice im less oily.. but its only been a couple of days.. i could be fooling myself.

PROACTIV RUNIED MY LIFE..

MURAD!!!! Someone needs to sue, this is just ridiculous, that that jack-crap of a system ruined so many of our faces. The only reason I even had to come to this site was because of Acne Complex.. GRRRR!!

Shantilly, that's how I ended up here as well. I was using Proactiv before and I got pretty good results from it, but it wasn't working as well as it was in the beginning. I saw an informercial for Murad and ordered it. I used it for about a month. Big mistake. :wall: My face looked like crap! So many pimples and nasty looking cysts. Pimples in places I have never had pimples before. :evil: I ended up searching the net for some help. That's how I found this website. :wub:

I honestly had no success with proactiv. (although it will work on some ppl) So heres the story..

i would use the RENEWING CLEANSER from proactiv

--pat face dry

--Clean&Clear PERSA-GEL bp10&

--Proactiv Refining mask on spots..

^^^^ that routine worked greattttt for me.

i got a job proactiv and brought home lots of goodies. They train us on each product and Acne all together. so i thought i had a pretty good udnerstanding of how skin/acne worked...Since i was already using their renewing cleanser, i thought that if i actually used the 3step system, i could get even BETTER results..

So thast what i did.. i used the RenewingCLEANSER, REVITALIZING TONER, and REPAIR LOTION LAST.

after two weeks of using that routine [every morning and every night].. ive got pimples in places ive never gotten before, and much much much more inflamtion than usual. and white heads!! never had any until proactiv!!! i couldnt beleive what the fuck was happening here!!! Its been aout 9 months. and my face still looks like shit.. so PROACTIV made my skin super crappy.

The funny part about it is that i actually work for the company and sell this product to people!! PRoactiv ruined my life and ironically i have to sell and lie to ppl about how great their product is.. Most embarassing thing about working there is that im covered with pimples. so when a customer would ask me,

"Does this really work?" of course i would say"yes" (because its commission.)

then they would look at my face and say,"do YOU use it?"

and i have to say.." yes, its the number one acne treatment in the country"... but i actually would really like to say to them is "fuck off!!"

sorry i may seem quite bitter, but isnt that the effect that acne has on us? Its a horrible feeling, i have the lowest of self-esteem.. right now i am trying Natures Cure, and i do notice im less oily.. but its only been a couple of days.. i could be fooling myself.

PROACTIV RUNIED MY LIFE..

have u tried taking a couple weeks off of acne medications and then going back to ur old routine?