Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic-Charmed

Is it true masturbation casuses acne?

Well if your hormones are responcible for acne in teen's and your oil glands produce more oil from your hormones. If you masturbate does it make your oil glands release more oil? I'm sorry if this has been posted before. :think:

i would say its definitely possible. Erections and orgasms make your hormones go crazy. Its definitely worth trying. I am trying it out right now. I think it cause acne on some and not on others.

Well.. when i whack off 3 times a week i notice my skin gets more oily, resulting in more pimples. When i stop for a week or so, my skin becomes less oily and i dont break out. Ive been testing this theory for quite a while and i believe there is a correlation between masturbation and acne. Try to stop.

Ive tryed to stop and cut back but its really hard. Im 20 yrs old and im sadly addicted to it. And when i do successfuly quit for a week i end up getting wet dreams. :doh:

i used to masturbate about 1-3 times a day, im really trying to cut back, but sometimes i give in. i think there is a correlation, whether doctors have proven it or not, i think it affects some people. my skin is terrible. im willing to try almost anything to get clear skin again.

Being as used to it as you are, you'll probably have more hormone problems by not masturbating. You know what I mean, poppin one every time you see a chick, etc.

lmao my face has been doing good, since ive been drinking water, working out again, and i havent masterbated(why am i even saying this!??) in a while so i dont know, im gonna keep it up though

lol nice of some people to let out all that personal information...It's just to hard to hold back so I would rather use roaccutane and wank as much as I want ;)

Masturbation does not cause acne. It seems releated but as much as it seems to break you out it doesnt. There is a much deeper problem as to why you breakout when you masturbate. If you interested in knowing the reasons why then fill free to pm me and I will send you the link.

Masturbation does not cause acne. It seems releated but as much as it seems to break you out it doesnt. There is a much deeper problem as to why you breakout when you masturbate. If you interested in knowing the reasons why then fill free to pm me and I will send you the link.

what you said it DOES not cause acne. Then you said there is problem to why you break out when you masturbate. so it is linked? you just contradicted yourself.

Lol Matt's correct! Here is where you contradicted yourself:

"It seems releated but as much as it seems to break you out it doesnt. There is a much deeper problem as to why you breakout when you masturbate"

Whatever the problem is people are still breaking out more after they masturbate....

Well if your hormones are responcible for acne in teen's and your oil glands produce more oil from your hormones. If you masturbate does it make your oil glands release more oil? I'm sorry if this has been posted before. :think:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=440200 For me jacking off seems to make my acne worse. I also feel like shit when I jack off. My skin gets really oily when I dont jack off for a long time.(I consider that a good thing) Also I look healthier when I dont masturbate. I almost went a month without doing it but then got the urge. Im going to try agian to stop. This may sound dumb but food started to taste better and it felt like I could breath better before Things tasted dull and my nose always felt clogged. Feel free to laugh at all that im saying.

It might be true, but then that would mean that sex caused acne too. Is anyone really willing to give that up for clear skin? People can try and prove that everything you enjoy is bad for your skin, but is clear skin reason enough to deny yourself all of lifes pleasures? There are things that are more important than my skin and I don't want to go through life freaking out about everything that might break me out.

So, wank on, gentlemen.

welll do u want to hear soemthing wored and maybe funny...when I was in elemnetary school like grade 8 I had lower back problems like never before...so what I dd it stop masturabting for like 2 weeks and beleive or not my back pain went away...

welll do u want to hear soemthing wored and maybe funny...when I was in elemnetary school like grade 8 I had lower back problems like never before...so what I dd it stop masturabting for like 2 weeks and beleive or not my back pain went away...

I believe it. Everywhere you look they say masturbation is healthy. I call bullshit What do they mean like once a month? If I jack off more then 1 a month my face gets dry, food taste dull, My confindence goes down, my nose gets stuffed, I feel awkward, etc........ I hate the fact that everywhere you read they try to pass it off as healthy to do it like 1-3 times a day.

Masturbation does not CAUSE acne, but for some people it merely AGGRAVATES it. Why? Because a 99% of the teenage human population masturbates ever so often and the percentage of teens with acne is anywhere between 20-30% less.

Masturbation does not cause acne. Masturbation CAN make acne worse, if you already HAVE acne.

Let me explain what I mean. When you're doing your litle ritual. If you have perfect skin and never had a pimple in your life, it won't change from masturbating.

But, if you have acne-prone skin, then masturbation will make it worse. There's 2 reasons.

- First is during masturbation you have extremely high levels of hormones, and after you have extremely low. So for the next 7 days after you masturbate, your body ups the testestrone. By then the testestrone to other hormone ratio will be too high, and then your body will up the other hormones to balance the ratio, leading to production of insane oil. If you're masturbating continously, your hormones are basically a circus show.

- Secondly, while masturbating, while not everyone realizes it, you sweat, mainly on your face. If you leave sweat on your skin for extended periods of time, it will make your acne worse.

So do whatever you wish, Jack off or don't.

Prostate cancer & lack of pleasure or acne. It's your choice. Myself, i prefer acne.

Masturbation does not cause acne. Masturbation CAN make acne worse, if you already HAVE acne.

Let me explain what I mean. When you're doing your litle ritual. If you have perfect skin and never had a pimple in your life, it won't change from masturbating.

But, if you have acne-prone skin, then masturbation will make it worse. There's 2 reasons.

- First is during masturbation you have extremely high levels of hormones, and after you have extremely low. So for the next 7 days after you masturbate, your body ups the testestrone. By then the testestrone to other hormone ratio will be too high, and then your body will up the other hormones to balance the ratio, leading to production of insane oil. If you're masturbating continously, your hormones are basically a circus show.

- Secondly, while masturbating, while not everyone realizes it, you sweat, mainly on your face. If you leave sweat on your skin for extended periods of time, it will make your acne worse.

So do whatever you wish, Jack off or don't.

Prostate cancer & lack of pleasure or acne. It's your choice. Myself, i prefer acne.

Why did I start to get acne literally the day after I started jacking off?

:think: That makes alot of sense dude. Nice post

okok, what ive learned from masturbation and how it causes acne is because of how it burns testosterone into DHT(dihydrotestosterone)

ok im not sure if this is the same for women but i know its has an effect on men, So im goin to try and summarize: Testosterone is a hormone that causes ur body to produce sebum(oil) through the hair follicles, the higher the testosterone level the more oil ur skin produces, (this is why there are a lot of protein shakes and steroids that warn u that it may cause acne), Testosterone is what also determines ur sex drive so when ur masturbating ur testosterone level is high and ur testosterone may burn into DHT (some people are less suseptible to producing DHT than others) DHT is terrible for acne as it is 30 times more potent than testosterone.

I know this sucks i have a hard accepting this too, But ive learned there Saw Palmetto can stop testosterone from converting into DHT. So im thinking i might buy some. but anyways u can look all this stuff up on Yahoo or something and ull find plentt of evidence to back this up..

Ok thank's for the information but I have some point's to bring up. Masturbation being the cause of acne was actually a myth used to scare younger kids into doing it (crazy I know, but that's what I read) and then I did more reading to realize that masturbation does cause acne, and other's saying it doesn't. So I tested it, when I didn't wank for a couple of day's my skin did become more clear and less breakout BUT I was expecting it because of what I had read. After not being able to resist wanking lol my skin just became bad agian, because I expected it. So I choose not to beleive the whole wank and get acne thoery, and I didn't wank for a whole week, my skin remained the same....

So my point is, could it be that your mind actually clears the skin? By not masturbating your mind is expecting for your skin to become clear, so it does! Stress is a cause of bad skin also....It's just a thought.