Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what do you do if you are going to meet someone you never seen in real life and you have only sent pictures where you can barely see your acne/scarring. do you say something about it? do you (a dude) wear make up? im going out with someone i met online, tonight and im torn between saying i have horrible acne scarring or just not saying anything or not showing up. anyadvice be appreciated

joe

seriously tho, i am chatting online to the girl right now. should i type "youll recognize me from the acne scars" or just say nothing, someone has got to have an opinion on this

don't say anything. she won't care and i;m sure they're not nearly as obtrusive as you think they are. if you didnt like your nose but photographed yourself so there werent any profile shots, etc, would you be like 'oh you'll recognise me by the terrible nose'?

about makeup, if you can apply it so it doesnt look like you're wearing makeup, wear it. but if you can't, or it's iffy, don't do it

if she cares then fuck her... but she probably wont

its better to at least show up and see if she cares or not, than not show up at all

if she cares then shes not worth your time anyways

good luck bro

(btw im a guy and have worn concealer before)

hmm yeah i dont think ill say anything, she probably has alot of other reasons to not like me anyway so i wont focus too intensively on this one, thanks for the response i was wavering between sayuing something or not. meh life sucks

She's probably thinking the same thing, just hope she doesn't have a cock for a nose, she could be a whizz with Photoshop haha!

Though if she did have a cock for a nose, that could turn out to be interesting...;)

actually she isnt thinking anything like that she just wants to be friends and per her words i am a permanent resident of the friends zone, all before we ever met in person so oh well. at least the pressure of whether shell like me or not becus of acne is gone, she already doesnt like me cus im a douchebag! hurrah!

she didnt say anything about it btw for anyone who cares, so it wasnt a big deal. i wasnt really expecting her to be like" oh my god you have acne scars why didnt you tell me" but you never know..............

I have been on blind dates dont ya hate them? I was in your shoes but i didnt have scares or even mild acne but yeh in the future if your in the same position dont say anything about it before because if your not worried about it why should she if u know what i mean and the most important thing is to be confident... and funny..

she didnt say anything about it btw for anyone who cares, so it wasnt a big deal. i wasnt really expecting her to be like" oh my god you have acne scars why didnt you tell me" but you never know..............

Congrats, do you think it will work out between you two?

no she already told me that im a permanent resident of the friends zone, but asking if i was a permanent resident or just visiting when she said she wanted to be friends first probably wasnt a good idea. so shes just a friend for now, after the first non date encounter at a dodgy diner and brief conversation, who knows what will happen but i aint keeping my hopes up

Yeah, she was probably a man anyways. Good luck dating.

no shes pretty hot i met her at the diner and we chatted, and she didnt have anything to say about my scars/hyperpigmntation or anything all in all it was a good time. heres a pic i took as we left

same problem dude but this girl already seen me without acne and now I have it and itsa been like over 5 months I havent seen her...we are always busy, i'm hoping my acne can subsiude beofre I see her

Yeah, she was probably a man anyways. Good luck dating.

no shes pretty hot i met her at the diner and we chatted, and she didnt have anything to say about my scars/hyperpigmntation or anything all in all it was a good time. heres a pic i took as we left

u may have acne and all but you look way better than her. So don't you even worry about it. If she wants to be just friends than just be friends, you got nothing to lose. You're a good looking guy. DOn't even sweat over it.

i definitely think you shouldnt say anything b/c it would sound super harsh "btw i have acne scars" sounds like a total buzzkill. but contrary to what some people have written, girls/guys will be put off. no matter what we all try to tell each other: acne and acne scars are not generally considered an asset, unfortunately.

you're a cute guy, so she is, hope everything works, if not, as keisha and fetal said u got nothing to lose

glad the date went well :D

yeah the answer is definitely to say nothing, thanks for all the responses i feel like an idiot for even considering saying anything in the first place. lucky for me im on the downslope (i hope) after accutane so if i did say anything it be drawing attenton to something that isnt super noticeable

your acne/redmarks didnt look too bad at all. congrats for giving the date a try! small steps man, small steps lol. now you'll have the confidence to go out there and try again

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah i was expecting some scarred up dude..he's fine. wow, she really got dressed up for the occasion! how old are u 2? u look about 16, she looks about 14.

yeah i was expecting some scarred up dude..he's fine. wow, she really got dressed up for the occasion! how old are u 2? u look about 16, she looks about 14.

im 23 and shes 19, we both look very young. you can see what im talking about by looking in my gallery