Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baravykas

Why does it come so suddenly?

Did your scarring appeared also su sudenly as mine did? I mean I had no scars and BANG few breakouts left me with scars all over my jaw line. I always search for a reason, so I found a link that when I found my first scar I was using akne bp5 (benzol peroxyde) for at least 3 weeks. Do you think that this is a just a coinsidence or such medication as akne bp5, differin and so on can be a cause of scarring? Btw I am 20 years old, maybe it was time for me...

I believe it's a coincidence. And yes, my scarring did also just come suddenly. One pimple can scar you and if you get 5 at the same time over one night - you cannot do anything about it. Only way to prevent scars is to prevent acne. So akne bp5 and differin is only contributing to the prevention of scars.

I know it is so frustrating and that you regret so much.

I will try something called Tretinoin-ionophoresis, and if it works I will tell everybody in this forum. It has been documented to work - to keep your head high - you are not alone.

I know you want to find a reason. I got my scars simultaneously as my beard started growing. Have you started to get a small beard?

Also it seems like the skin becomes more fragile because of the testosterone. I believe that is the main reason why so many guys have scars compared to girls.

yeah, I've scarred to shit in the last 30 days. Literally. Many depressed scars, growing in front of my eyes, and forget about the texture of my skin, looks like an orange with enormous pores which get bigger and bigger, turning into icepick scars of their own... I am 23 and it just happened suddenly..

But I just want to say that you need to fight it now as opposed to 20 years from now.. I think if i had gotten some kind of treatment the first instant of scarring i would have prevented some of the others and reduced the signs of the 1st ones... hopefully its still not too late.. but dont wait around to see what happens!!!!!

I had one icepick when I was 17 and then overnight a bunch of rolling scars appeared. :(

accutane. i had NO scars before taking accutane and after, the zits cleared up and the scars appeared. and i didnt have so many zits that they could have covered the scars. i've thought this for a while but until recently never heard any other person validate my theory.

I went on tane and didnt have any scars as a result. I would say the scars I had looked worse when my skin was all dried out though. Honestly a lot of the problem is simply staring at your face all the time and noticing tiny scars or scars that u have never seen before. I got one scar that originally looked bad but has since gotten to the point where it does not drive me crazy. The scar was raised and on my cheek but after a kenalog shot it has went down and is starting to blend with the rest of the skin. I also have some minor scarring on my cheeks but the one scar on my right cheek made me give in and try accutane. I love the way my skin is now (no oil, small pores, not having to wash three or four times a day)

I am convinced that 99% of the people that took accutane and scarred would have recieved the same scarring or most likely much worse had they not went on it. Face it most people on accutane have really bad skin or scar easily. I have never ahd severe acne but I scar easy when I get one so that is why I went on it. i could only imagine how I would look with another few years of breakouts and scars on my face.

I think as you get older the easier you scar. I had acne for 5 years before I started to scar. I started scarring last summer (I was 23). It just started happening out of nowhere. Even small non-cystic ones left small scars. I'm kinda luchy though. They are mostly rolling scars and they're pretty shallow, and not that noticable under normal lighting (I do have one noticable boxcar scar on my forehead though). I began using topical retanoids last summer (Differin, then recently switched to Retin-A) after I realized my acne was starting to scar, then I got more scars from the initial breakout. I think any retinoid makes your skin thinner, and more easily broken. I don't plan on fixing any of my scars though. My derm said that he could try some things, but it would cost way too much money.

Thank you all for your answers. You know that drove me crazy when I thought that I had something to do with that. But I must calm myself and say that this is just where acne leads you. Well I think we are all members of the same big familly. We have time on our side (as new scar treatments appear) and I hope that we all may somehow help each other. Thank god (I don't believe in him anymore, but you know as they say...) we have this forum.