Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tally

Possible to moisturize first before applying BP

Just being curious,

Is it possible to moisturize the face first then apply the BP instead of applying Bp then moisturizing?? Will the regimen still work? :think:

Just being curious,

Is it possible to moisturize the face first then apply the BP instead of applying Bp then moisturizing?? Will the regimen still work? :think:

I think that the main reason for using the BP first is to let it penetrate directly to the skin. Although I'm sure it's possible to do the BP after moisturising, it most likely works 99% better if you use the BP before. If it's because of drying, I understand why, my face is also pretty dry, even with the moisturising. Just be sure to use plenty of it!

You could do this, but I don't see why......it woulnd't work as effectively, as added moisturize is creating a small barrier from allowing BP to fully penetrate into the skin, plus I can't see it making your face any less dry...regardless, its still BP mixed with added moisture, no matter which is applied first.

I think I started a topic about this, earlier this year.

My skin was dry, and it always felt better moisturising first, then applying BP gel.

I don't remember getting many replies, but I continued doing it, anyway.

Sometimes, when my skin was so dry that I'd consider taking a break from the Regimen for a few days, I'd just mix a bit of BP gel with my moisturiser and apply it.

I only did both of them things for two or three days at a time, until my skin recovered a bit, unstead of cutting BP gel out compleatly, and I only did it when my skin was clear.

It worked for me, but all people's skin is different.

Good luck. :D

My skin was dry, and it always felt better moisturising first, then applying BP gel.

Sometimes, when my skin was so dry that I'd consider taking a break from the Regimen for a few days, I'd just mix a bit of BP gel with my moisturiser and apply it.

I only did both of them things for two or three days at a time, until my skin recovered a bit, unstead of cutting BP gel out compleatly, and I only did it when my skin was clear.

TyshaOakes, so are u now still moisturising first before appyling BP?? is doing this working for you to keep you clear? :angel:

I do that at times, it sure feels a lot better. I'm not sure if it hinders the effectiveness of the BP but I'd rather the feel of smooth, moisturized skin than dry, cruddy skin. I also feel that if I put bp and then moisturize, it's like I'm rubbing it off and dirtying my skin with my hands. I prefer to put it on last but maybe that's not a good idea coming from me, who knows hehe

I think it is completely possible, simply because that's what I do and it's worked. Initially I tried to put the benzoyl peroxide on after washing, but found it too painful (or myself too much of a wimp) to continue doing it. For about six or seven months now I've been cleansing, moisturizing with Complex 15, putting on the BP, then moisturizing again. It may seem excessive but all I can say is that I'm pain and redness free, and that feels fantastic.

TyshaOakes, so are u now still moisturising first before appyling BP?? is doing this working for you to keep you clear? :angel:

I still do it if my skin becomes very dry, but I don't feel the need to do it as much anymore, because my skin is used to BP gel. I don't have the same irritation I used to get at the beginning.

It did keep me clear, when I did it. I never broke out from it, I found that it kept me clear, but everyone's different. :)

TyshaOakes, read from your previous reply that you have tried mixing BP and moisturizer together and applying on your face?? By doing this, will the BP still be as effective??