Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got back from the laser clinic for a consultation. In my opinion my red marks are really red and horrifying...but according to the person I spoke to, she says after one treatment my red marks would fade by 50%! and that I could be clear after 2 months. This was terrific news...but I haven't had a treatment to see the results. She said she's been doing this for 16 years and the best way and probably the only way to rid red marks is vbeam. All the other stuff speeds it up and still could last a year. I only have red marks and no scarring so she said I'm an ideal candidate for vbeam. But for those of you with scars out there, she also said that it promotes collagen and I've seen some pics of people with scars and they really did improve. People with scarring would take longer though. The pic I saw was a girl with scarring and after 6 treatments of 150$ she looked a lot better. I've heard some mixed reviews on vbeam..just wanted to know if people who didn't like it had scarring and not redness. Any reply from vbeam users would be great! Thanks and I'll let everyone know about my first treatment which is Tuesday.

I'm supposed to get my first vbeam treatment sometime between Jan and Feb, so I too would appreciate any information from people who had it done.

does anyone know if vbeam treatment is really painful? Because if not.. I might consider this right now..

v beam helps with redness..if find it works best on red marks that are relatively new, older ones can be pesky to get rid of..I have had 4 in total. I will do one more to give it a try on some older red marks that have been there for years. overall around 40 per cent improvement ,definatley worth a shot

Did you notice any improvement after the first treatment? And did you get it until you bruised? Because I heard that helps most when they do it aggressively. Also How long did it take until your face returned to normal..u know like without any swelling or bruising? THanks

I'm super sorry for burstin' anyone's bubble, but please do not do VBEAM!! i had 2 treatments but it really does nothing. You need to have purpura, which is really bad extremely noticeable dark dark purple scarring, for it to even attempt to make a difference. After my second session i had HORRIBLE purpura, purple bruising, for TWO WEEKS!!! it was horrible, and when the purpura faded my marks were the same! Plus, lasers effects have not been studied in the long-term. This is a laser we're talking about. This stuff BURNS YOUR SKIN! I really don't think this is safe for long-term, or for your skin in general. I guess you could go ahead and try it because it might, just maybe, work for you but i highly doubt it. sorry!

I'm super sorry for burstin' anyone's bubble, but please do not do VBEAM!! i had 2 treatments but it really does nothing. You need to have purpura, which is really bad extremely noticeable dark dark purple scarring, for it to even attempt to make a difference. After my second session i had HORRIBLE purpura, purple bruising, for TWO WEEKS!!! it was horrible, and when the purpura faded my marks were the same! Plus, lasers effects have not been studied in the long-term. This is a laser we're talking about. This stuff BURNS YOUR SKIN! I really don't think this is safe for long-term, or for your skin in general. I guess you could go ahead and try it because it might, just maybe, work for you but i highly doubt it. sorry!

I'm sorry that it didn't do anything for you.. But there is a reason that these machines are made, and that people use them and most of them get good\great results... Results also depend on the experience of the doctor doing the treatment, how many treatments you have, what kind of skin problems you have, what kind of settings the v-beam has, to name a few ;)

I agree...If everybody got these awful results why would they keep manufacturing the machines. Your doctor must of performed it wrong on you either on the wrong settings or simply you were misdiagnosed and you shouldn't have the vbeam at all.

did you have red marks or indented scars? my doctor told me she was intentionally going to bruise me to get the best results. There aren't that many responses to this topic. I don't think many people have tried it. I think everyone is trying all the over the counter stuff in hopes of a miracle.

did you have red marks or indented scars? my doctor told me she was intentionally going to bruise me to get the best results. There aren't that many responses to this topic. I don't think many people have tried it. I think everyone is trying all the over the counter stuff in hopes of a miracle.

I agree once again. Most people on here are trying to cure this problem with the quickest and most cost efficient way. Time and money are going to have to be spent if you want to lose the marks. Doctors say that they go on their own but I still have red marks that have diminished in size but from august of 2000. That's 5 and a half years. I believe that it's the dilated blood vessels or capillaries that just haven't completley gone away yet. My derm can do vbeam on me also and she said that if I let her bruise me it will be even better results. Just have to take a week off of work because of the bruising and have to spend a little money. I think more people should talk to their derms about vbeam or other possible laser procedures. I think everybody gets scared when they hear the word laser. I know I do but it definetley seems like a very possible option.

after trying everything, it seems like the only option now. And after my consultation I'm really hopeful that this may work. I used to have one tiny broken vessel on my nose that I got lasered off when I was younger and it burnt but when the scab went away, nothing but clear skin...I thought it was a miracle. I hope its the same with vbeam. Who wants to wait years for the red marks to fade?

after trying everything, it seems like the only option now. And after my consultation I'm really hopeful that this may work. I used to have one tiny broken vessel on my nose that I got lasered off when I was younger and it burnt but when the scab went away, nothing but clear skin...I thought it was a miracle. I hope its the same with vbeam. Who wants to wait years for the red marks to fade?

Just try not to get your hopes up too much. I know it's hard to do but I would imagine that it takes a few vbeam treatments to get the results that everbody is looking for. For me I am just looking for anything positive. If they are lighter I would be happy. When is your first scheduled vbeam appointment?? You said tuesday is that this coming tuesday the 10th?? Please get back to us and let us know how everything went and how your progress is going. While there are Accutane journals out there, there should also be Vbeam journals and IPL journals, etc. Good luck.

I can either drive 5 hours to get vbeam, or 30 minutes to get IPL. So i'll try the IPL.. vbeam would be better though for red marks wouldnt it..?

I can either drive 5 hours to get vbeam, or 30 minutes to get IPL. So i'll try the IPL.. vbeam would be better though for red marks wouldnt it..?

Yes I would think Vbeam would be better for red marks. To me I would take that 5 hour drive if it means getting clear.

Just try not to get your hopes up too much. I know it's hard to do but I would imagine that it takes a few vbeam treatments to get the results that everbody is looking for. For me I am just looking for anything positive. If they are lighter I would be happy. When is your first scheduled vbeam appointment?? You said tuesday is that this coming tuesday the 10th?? Please get back to us and let us know how everything went and how your progress is going. While there are Accutane journals out there, there should also be Vbeam journals and IPL journals, etc. Good luck.

yeah I think I am rather optimistic about the vbeam but I also think that it's hope that keeps me going on. My first treatment is tomorrow and I will be taking pics but maybe not posting them for a while depending on how it goes. I'm rather scared and exited. Im scared that I'll be bruised up for a long time because I have to go back to work on Friday and I don't want everyone staring at me. I've asked many people who've had it done how long it takes for the bruising to go away but no one replies. It's kind of sad because people need help out there and either people become clear and never come back to the website to help others or they just don't want to reply. So I've made it a promise to myself that WHEN I do become clear I'll continually help others and I've started by taking many pics which show pretty bad red marks. And hopefully this vbeam really works and I'll post the pics and maybe people will believe. When your really down and depressed about how your skin looks sometimes hope keeps you searching...

Yeah you don't even have to go over the top and post pics. I will take your word for it. Just be honest of how you think it effected your red marks. Too many people out there come here for help and then once they become clear they leave the boards for good without telling anybody. It doesn't take much to check back in every once in a while. Good luck

Had vbeam done on monday with terrific results! I will post my pics in a couple days when the bruising has gone away. I am very pleased with the results thus far though. The red marks faded away by 50% in a couple hours, and they doctor said they will continue to slowly fade away for 4-6 weeks. At this rate instead of waiting a possible 1-2 years for them to fade away with time, I'm getting really optimistic here but I'd say I will be completely "red" free in March barring any new zits.

Had vbeam done on monday with terrific results! I will post my pics in a couple days when the bruising has gone away. I am very pleased with the results thus far though. The red marks faded away by 50% in a couple hours, and they doctor said they will continue to slowly fade away for 4-6 weeks. At this rate instead of waiting a possible 1-2 years for them to fade away with time, I'm getting really optimistic here but I'd say I will be completely "red" free in March barring any new zits.

congratulations mark!! I'm really happy for you. Thanx for coming back and posting...was looking forward to hear from you.

So your derm did the vbeam on a higher setting I suppose which caused the bruising?? Reason why I ask is because my derm told me she can do it that way and cause bruising and I will see better results. Can't wait to see the before and after's or just the after's if that's all you have.

congratulations mark!! I'm really happy for you. Thanx for coming back and posting...was looking forward to hear from you.

So your derm did the vbeam on a higher setting I suppose which caused the bruising?? Reason why I ask is because my derm told me she can do it that way and cause bruising and I will see better results. Can't wait to see the before and after's or just the after's if that's all you have.

markymark is my name because of all my marks, not actually my name. And I go to a laser clinic not a dermatologist. I went to a derm before and they milked all the money they could out of me with negative results so I will never trust another derm again. I think my doctor did do a higher setting on some of them. I only have a couple of bruises 5 or 6, the rest were done without any bruising but the redness is almost gone. Got before and afters...the bruising should go away in about a week so I will post them then.

lol, I went 0 for 2...

I don't trust many derms as a lot are money hungry but my new derm seems like she really cares and is not pushing at all on me getting the laser done. She told me everything she knows as she pointed out that she could bruise me and I would see better results. I'm gonna save up and go for this treatment once I get the money.

I had VBeam on a line of broken capillaries and I was wondering what you meant by bruising -- purple marks or red marks? I got redder and then have faded back to about where I was before the treatment in about three weeks time. However there is a slightly brown spot where it was approached aggressively. Also the cooling jet was turned off by mistake and it appears the first blast is redder than the rest? Was I burned -- and this was supposed to be the top derm in the area. Also had Diode on some broken capillaries. First time out, very low setting and only one went away. This time higher, open red areas developed but not blistered or scabbed, just a bit crusty. Part when away but there are really red horizontal lines that look like stitches that are left while the other parts that extended into my face look better. How many treatments are we looking at here? And can you tell me if you think what happened is trouble? Was going to have VBeam on my nose for rosacea but I think not now -- anybody had any luck w/Elidel? Thanks for answering all my questions and I'm very happy for you. I'm getting very frustrated though. Also I'm a very slow healer if that helps to analyze my situation. Thanks.

I've only had one treatment, so I have no idea what happened to you. I don't think you were burned though. As far as the bruising, it was purple when I left the office and gradually became a dark red, and now after about 5 days, it's slowly fading back to my regular skin tone, but not quite gone yet.

I've only had one treatment, so I have no idea what happened to you. I don't think you were burned though. As far as the bruising, it was purple when I left the office and gradually became a dark red, and now after about 5 days, it's slowly fading back to my regular skin tone, but not quite gone yet.

I can't wait until they fade completley to see how well your old red marks have faded.

here are my pics

1-taken on dec 10 05

2- 10 days after vbeam treatment

i have no idea why i look tanner. I haven't tanned, I guess it's just my camera. The background was dark...