Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I had pretty bad acne a while ago but now its almost under control. I just get those white things like around my chin and they never turn into whiteheads they just sit under the skin so i always pick at them. I seriously cant help picking at my damn face and now its just all red everywhere i pick my face and it looks so iritated, my friend asked me why my face was so red and i just felt awful.

How can i stop myself from picking my face, its just if i feel a bump on my face i cant stand it and i have to pop it. Even if it doesnt pop at first i keep messing with it.

Im currently on retin a and doxycyline, and im trying the bp gel also.

How can I stop myself from picking and irritating my face?

I had a bad habit of biting my nails for over 10 years. One day I met this girl, we fell in love and she told me how ugly my fingers were...I knew eventually that would happen where a girl would notice cause my fingers were real ugly. :D From there I started thinking, why am I biting my nails to then spit them out? It's freakin pointless! I can't remove tape from products or scratch areas where they would itch, plus the tip of my fingers would hurt.

I came to understanding that its all about the consequences and how they simply can be avoided.

I know exactly what you mean. I get in this zone where I sit there and pick at my face for sometimes even 20 mins. Did you know that for every pimple you pick at you're probably causing 3 more to form because of the grease from your fingers? Trust me I looove picking at my face its my favorite thing to do but you just have to sometimes turn the bathroom light off and walk away.

That is exactly what im talking about shannon, its like i get some sick pleasure picking my face for like 30 minutes. Im glad u know how I feel and im gunna try as hard as I can to get over this damn face picking addiction i have, I do not want scars on my face!

I have the same problem....and I do the same thing....I can go for days....but then I break...and I just have to get that crap out, it drives me crazy. My mother said her face had all kinds of clogged pores...but as time passed they got better. I just have oily skin...and if I use acne products...or scrub my skin it breaks out. I wish I knew out to get that crap out without doing damage to my skin...*sigh*

well, when I pick at my face, I put a tissue on each finger so I don't actually touch my skin, and I can remove whatever comes out immediately w/out it touching anything else. Still not good to pick, but I can't stop so I try to make it as hygenic as possible :think: