Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hunter480

After trying everything, here's the answer

Ya I ordered vilantae and went through 3 bottles and it did nothing for my acne but it got rid of ALL my oil which was worth it in itself.... Now i'm on Accutane :)

Ya I ordered vilantae and went through 3 bottles and it did nothing for my acne but it got rid of ALL my oil which was worth it in itself.... Now i'm on Accutane :)

how is the accutane working for you?

what is the difference between Vitamin B and B -complex?

Vitamin B is Pantothenic Acid. (b5) the b complex is all the b vitamins in one pill. the science behind the b vitamins is that they all need to be present to work....

ok, thanks for the info. I went to the store and they had a bunch of different B5's, like B-6, b-12, etc.

Which one did you take?

I have had very severe acne for about 12 years. Cystic acne...pimples...blackheads... I have tried everything under gods creation from every single OTC medication and ever prescription medication short of accutane. Benzy. Peroxide, Salic Acid, RetinA, Tazorac, Differen, EVERY topical, every brand of tetracycline, birth control....EVERYTHING. Treatments that would make me natious and dry my skin to the point where it was peeling in layers. 12 years and nothing has kept my skin clear. I had become so depressed and obsessive compulsive about my skin that I couldnt even leave the house, let alone look someone in the eye.

I went on B-5 (with the b complex) and in less than 5 days, not only had my skin become clear, I no longer had oily skin or hair. It closed my pores and made my skin look fantastic. It gave me the same "proposed" results as accutane.

I WANT you guys to try this. I could not believe how it worked and that it was THIS simple. I'll answer any questions. I dont want anyone to go through what I went through. Please ask! After 12 years and hundreds of thousands on cures...this worked.

========================

It doesn't surprise me that your B-complex works great for clearing your skin. A company sells a product called

Oratin. This product has Biotin, Panthothenic acid (B5), magnesium serate, and Glucomannan(Fiber). They have had great success and many positive posts regarding its ability to clear nearly all types of acne. Nature Made makes a vitamin complex call " Stress B-Complex" which sells for $8.00/60pills and has everything that Oratin has except for a fraction of the price. Oratin charges $50 for a 30 day supply.The Stress B-Complex does not have Glucomannan(Fiber). I think if you add about 5 to 6 grams of fiber to your diet along with 2 tabs daily of the Stress B-Complex you will get consistant results in your acne regime. Fiber helps remove toxins from your colin and any other food additives that your skin may react to. In this manner they are removed from your body daily, rather than building up in your bloodstream.

I'm sorry, I may be slow witted, but what is it exactly that you took Hunter480 and where exactly did you get it. Is it two seperate supplements, one called B5, and one B-complex. I have tried everything non-prescription and everything prescription just short of accutane and this seems like maybe it would be worth giving a try, but I have spent a small fortune on products and I really dont want to buy the wrong supplement and have to add it to my overflowing collection of useless products.

"Vitamin B5 is a member of the water soluble family of B complex vitamins. It is necessary for a variety of life sustaining reactions such as generating energy from food and synthesizing essential fats. Vitamin B5 is also important for our adrenal glands and our reactions to stress.

Vitamin B5 is safe to take in large doses, and is often used to support adrenal hormone function.

B5 deficiencies are extremely rare.

Sources include organ meats, eggs, fish and shellfish, poultry, soybeans, lentils, split peas, milk, yogurt, avocado, and mushrooms.

Adequate intake of vitamin B5 for adults is 5 mg/day."

Hmm, they seem good, but then again it says Adequate intake is 5mg a day. It does say however that it is ok to take in large doses. I dont know what to think really. Where do you buy this from?

"Vitamin B5 is a member of the water soluble family of B complex vitamins. It is necessary for a variety of life sustaining reactions such as generating energy from food and synthesizing essential fats. Vitamin B5 is also important for our adrenal glands and our reactions to stress.

Vitamin B5 is safe to take in large doses, and is often used to support adrenal hormone function.

B5 deficiencies are extremely rare.

Sources include organ meats, eggs, fish and shellfish, poultry, soybeans, lentils, split peas, milk, yogurt, avocado, and mushrooms.

Adequate intake of vitamin B5 for adults is 5 mg/day."

Hmm, they seem good, but then again it says Adequate intake is 5mg a day. It does say however that it is ok to take in large doses. I dont know what to think really. Where do you buy this from?

Holland and Barrett do a great range of high-quality B5 and timed release B-complex supplements which are meant to be more effective. Plus they're fairly cheap in comparison with other brand names.

Personally, i'd opt for the powdered B5 over capsules as it absorbs much better and is often cheaper too. Overall though, this regimen did nothing for me.

It took me about two months to see any results at all. Of course, I only take 5 grams a day so maybe that's why it took so long. Also, I have used tea tree oil almost like Dan's regimen so I have no idea which is helping more. B5 is decent for preventing cysts though. I like it.

I finally found some Panthothenic Acid 500 mg bottles, but they are time released. Been taking 10mg for the past couple of days.

**hoping this works**

what is the difference between Vitamin B and B -complex?

Vitamin B is Pantothenic Acid. (b5) the b complex is all the b vitamins in one pill. the science behind the b vitamins is that they all need to be present to work....

ok, thanks for the info. I went to the store and they had a bunch of different B5's, like B-6, b-12, etc.

Which one did you take?

there is only one B5 and its usually labled as Pantothenic Acid. b12 ,b5 ect. are different vitamins. i used twin labs brand

my skin is getting better and i'm on b5. butt... i'm also doing the csr once a day, 200mg minocycline, and erythromycin ;)

you are taking minocycline and erythomycin together??? who prescribed that for you?

I buy the bulk powder so I dont have to take all the pills. 600 grams is like 18 bucks

www.bulknutrition.com search for pantothenic acid

B5 is also called Pantothenic Acid.

Upon reading this thread, I checked the multivitamin supplement i've been taking for over a year, and it has a whopping 130% of Pantothenic Acid. (B5)

It's done absolutely nothing for my acne unfortunately.

B5 is also called Pantothenic Acid.

Upon reading this thread, I checked the multivitamin supplement i've been taking for over a year, and it has a whopping 130% of Pantothenic Acid. (B5)

It's done absolutely nothing for my acne unfortunately.

ok...well one 500 mg pill is 5000% of the dv. people on this regimine are taking 20 of these pills a day... do the math. that is an enormous difference. and on top of that...you are getting a constant supply of vitamin b. which is important because your body is always metabolising.

One thing I should mention to anyone who has tried B5 with no success...

Alcohol (as in drinking) severely reduces the intestinal absorption of B5. And upon further research it is apparent that caffeine can also affect it and that alcohol and caffeine affect the body's use of B vitamins in general. This is unfortunate, as alcohol and caffeine are two of my favorite things. So the point I'm trying to make I guess is if you didn't have any success with B5, make sure you tried it without abusing alcohol and coffee, etc. I only allow myself one night a week, usually Saturday, to have a few (or more) drinks. And I load up on B5 before, during, and after the night is over. And I gave up the morning cup of coffee (and afternoon, and mid-day) altogether. And I opt for unsweetened iced tea when I eat out instead of the usual diet coke. I love beer and coffee but there's nothing I like more than having clear skin so...

Oh and I guess it has been 4, maybe five weeks now with no cysts, scars going away, and only minor breakouts as the changes take hold...minor breakouts possibly somewhat related to the aforementioned drinking. And my personal stress has gone down due to the fact I am slowly building more confidence as far as knowing I won't have to deal with any cysts...

I am in the UK so what should I look for at the pharmacy?? B5 VITAMINS???? OR do you have to buy the stuff from a specific website/comapny??

I am in the UK so what should I look for at the pharmacy?? B5 VITAMINS???? OR do you have to buy the stuff from a specific website/comapny??

you go to a vitamin shoppe and get Pantothenic acid (b-5) and b-complex

One thing I should mention to anyone who has tried B5 with no success...

Alcohol (as in drinking) severely reduces the intestinal absorption of B5. And upon further research it is apparent that caffeine can also affect it and that alcohol and caffeine affect the body's use of B vitamins in general. This is unfortunate, as alcohol and caffeine are two of my favorite things. So the point I'm trying to make I guess is if you didn't have any success with B5, make sure you tried it without abusing alcohol and coffee, etc. I only allow myself one night a week, usually Saturday, to have a few (or more) drinks. And I load up on B5 before, during, and after the night is over. And I gave up the morning cup of coffee (and afternoon, and mid-day) altogether. And I opt for unsweetened iced tea when I eat out instead of the usual diet coke. I love beer and coffee but there's nothing I like more than having clear skin so...

Oh and I guess it has been 4, maybe five weeks now with no cysts, scars going away, and only minor breakouts as the changes take hold...minor breakouts possibly somewhat related to the aforementioned drinking. And my personal stress has gone down due to the fact I am slowly building more confidence as far as knowing I won't have to deal with any cysts...

yeah...that was my one heart wrenching issue was the cysts...used to be huge and take forever to heal!! b-5 got rid of them. but yes, you're right, i drew the conclusion myself that alcohol could have some effect on the absorbtion because id get a small breakout after a good night out!

sorry hunter i am bein very think, so you need to buy panthenoic acid and the complex seperately ? or together? sorry jus a bit confused. :eh:

sorry hunter i am bein very think, so you need to buy panthenoic acid and the complex seperately ? or together? sorry jus a bit confused. :eh:

Perhaps, I can help. I also am interested in B5 and i also live in the UK

I went into holland and barrett a few days ago and asked for B5, she pointed it out to me. It is under "panthenoic acid" it is not under B5. Also the B-Complex comes separately (we have a bottle of this at home just generally). Yet I didn't take the jump cus i dno i have mixed feelings about it and im scared of the initial breakout lol :redface:

The thing about B5 is that you can't take it forever, especially in those dosages, and then, when you finally realize it and quit taking it, you're back to square one, possibly with some compromised kidneys.

At LEAST, drink LOTS of water while you're on it.

So let me get this straight.

1. You need to buy P. Acid and b-5 Complex from a drug store

2. Take 20 pills each day from both bottles??

3. Drink lots of water.....

You guys sure this is safe?

So let me get this straight.

1. You need to buy P. Acid and b-5 Complex from a drug store

2. Take 20 pills each day from both bottles??

3. Drink lots of water.....

You guys sure this is safe?

B-5 (pantothenic acid) and The B-complex are different. One is just B-5 and the other are small doses of all the b vitamins together. They work best when they are all together, and if you take a lot of one, and dont have the others present you can cause a deficiency. You are taking 20 pills from the b-5 and one/two pills from the B-complex. after you get clear, you SLOWLY take yourself off the b-5, until you reach the smallest amount you can stay on and consistantly stay clear...which is about 3 pills a day.

Perhaps, I can help. I also am interested in B5 and i also live in the UK

I went into holland and barrett a few days ago and asked for B5, she pointed it out to me. It is under "panthenoic acid" it is not under B5. Also the B-Complex comes separately (we have a bottle of this at home just generally). Yet I didn't take the jump cus i dno i have mixed feelings about it and im scared of the initial breakout lol :redface:

yea, the inticial breakout was one of my concerns about taking accutane(which thankfully i never had to go on). its worth being acne free. I used to get horrible cysts that would bar me from ever leaving the house or even making eye contact with other people. NO MORE!!! :-)

yes, the B-5 and the B-complex are two different things. One is a high dose of pantothenic acid and the other is a combination of all the B vitamins. You need them all present to work well.

I took B5, but didn't keep up with it, I was worried about the side effects, and possible long term problems that may occur.

It's EXTREMELY new, so we don't know what sort of long term effects it may have, mega dosing can be dangerous, then again it may be harmless, but it's doing SOMETHING to our bodies to create these changes, so it could be doing other stuff too, that is less obvious and more harmful.

I didn't take the bcomplex, I guess that may make a big difference in how effective it is.

I took B5, but didn't keep up with it, I was worried about the side effects, and possible long term problems that may occur.

It's EXTREMELY new, so we don't know what sort of long term effects it may have, mega dosing can be dangerous, then again it may be harmless, but it's doing SOMETHING to our bodies to create these changes, so it could be doing other stuff too, that is less obvious and more harmful.

I didn't take the bcomplex, I guess that may make a big difference in how effective it is.

it was weird when i first started taking it...my skin cleared in a few days....then intitially broke out... i kept with it, and it finally cleared up shortly after. ive heard the B-complex makes all the difference because one b vitamin is not effective unless they are all present, and you can cause a diffiency by just overdosing on one. when reading the actual study behind it (the original doctor that performed it) it made sense to me, epsecially being a medical student myself. If you'd like information on what the B-5 is actually doing to your body, i can redirect you. Id have to say YES taking so much of the vitamin for extended periods of time may not be the greatest idea...but as soon as you clear, you go down to your maintence dose of about 3 pills a day. Now, there HAS been studies and nation wide allowances on the fact that that much B-5 can be taken with no harmfull effects on the body. I see it as a much better alternative then overdosing on vitamin A which can mess your liver, joints, musles and eyesight. But you are right...in the long term of it, only time will tell.

I will have to say this...my acne CONTROLLED my life and altered my personallity. It was so bad, and i was covered from head to toe, it decided what type of mood i was in, whether or not I could be in the company of my friends or even go out in the public, and how confident i was in all aspects of life. I used to spend hours daily obsessing over it and was even recommended to go on medication because of the depression I was going through because of YEARS and YEARS of it. I tried every drug on the market except accutane, which i was afraid to go on solely because i was so moody and sad to begin with. Nothing prevented it. No antibiotics, no topicals, nothing. I was missing out on the best parts of life. Some people dont have it that bad...I am no doctor by any means, but I know what it did to me--the risk is worth getting my life back. For those people worried about the effects... you can get checkups with your doctor. They can check your liver, your kidneys, bloodwork, ect to make sure your body is healthy. This is something I reccommend for people in general... most may not even know of their defiencies until its too late.