Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So much misery going on in this forum, I thought i'd try and add some hope.

If you havent tried accutane yet, I strongly suggest you try it.

I went to a private dermatologist who said I had wide spread moderate to severe acne.

6 Months later at 2 x 20mg's a day and Im pretty much crystal clear, I only have one before picutre, and it was 4 months in when the accutane was starting to clear me, its bloody blurry and crap but I swear there is a massive difference, and my acne at one time REALLY was bad. It stopped me from leaving the house, it stopped me from seeing my friends, I didnt even want to go into uni. My life sucked.

Anyway.. on with the success..

This is 4 months in <before> very blurry but you get the idea.

[attachmentid=3000]

and this is after!!!! god bless the tane

[attachmentid=3001]

and another after image!

[attachmentid=3002]

I have hair covering my forhead now cos accutane has left some scars on it, but Im gonna get that lazor'd eventually so meh! :D

6 Months later at 2 x 20mg's a day and Im pretty much crystal clear, I only have one before picutre, and it was 4 months in when the accutane was starting to clear me, its bloody blurry and crap but I swear there is a massive difference, and my acne at one time REALLY was bad.

Thats a reasurance for me as Im on the same dosage, month 2 and have seen little change.

Glad it worked for you mate. =)

yer they are, dont they look it :P

only side effects I experienced were dry lips, but loads of vaseline sorted that.

I cant really tell if it made me depressed, maybe a tiny bit.. but I was able to reason myself through it so... y'know... enjoying life with clear skin now!

thats what im talking about bro im proud of u lol sounds weird but anyone who can go through accutane im proud of in my book it aint easy sociallly and mentally accutane is very hard to go through.

hey john thanks for adding this post, because i've been on accutane for 1 month now on 40 mg and so far it's just getting worst. I know accutane works slowly but i guess i'm just feeling alittle inpatient. I'm so glad that ur clear now. Was ur acne as bad as mine? (check my gallery). you mentioned that you started gettning cleared around month 4 right, ok so then I shouldn't worry too much since i haven't been on it that long.

hey john congraulations man you deserve it. you said scars on your forehead? are they hyperpigmentation spots( eventually go away) or actual indentations? thanks man

Your skin looks great from those pics. Hardly any noticable scars or red marks :)

Do you have any scars on your cheeks at all?

My forehead does have a bit of scarring, just little bits spread about... still some red marks there to fade because the majority of my cysts were on my forehead...

I have no red marks really left on my cheeks, and virtually no scarring.

I've been on accutane twice. (almost 3)

If anyone is interested in progress photos (for inspiration or whatever), I'll gladly send them to you. I have PLENTY, I even bought a digicam a week before tane solely for the purpose of showing my progress. I use it for other things as well though :)