Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lo all

isit ok to Exfoliate every night with an electric toothbrush and then apply a small layer of Nicam Gel ive been doing this for around a week and its doing me very well red marks r fading and only like 1 spot in 4 days but i read on here that its not good for your skin Exfoliating every day can someone please help me

thnx,

I exfoliate daily and have been for 2 months. It works great for me. But for many people, it seems to be too harsh, so the only advice I can give is to listen and pay attention to your skin and see what it likes and doesn't like. If your skin seems irritated, then you may want to cut back, but if you're getting good results...keep doing what you're doing.

hi

really appreicate your input

nope my skin looks better than ever! and ive been doing it for 1 week+

i use the electric tooth brush on slow and dont scrub hard and plus i moisturise after aswell its clearing my red marks and the Nicam gel also is but is not preventing new acne allthought im only getting say 1 spot every 5 days and when i do see it appear i apply a very small ammount of bp and it kills it :)

I've been exfoliating daily for the past month. The scrub I use (St Ives medicated) says to only use 1-2 times a week, and I've read you should only exfoliate 1-2 times a week, but it makes my skin feel soooo much smoother. I also have really tough facial skin, it never gets irritated!

I wouldn't always listen to "what the experts say", If it's working for you, then go for it!

I've been exfoliating every day for the past week with a pedicure brush and my face is improving but it's purging some stuff too. Fortunately I'm not getting any new cysts, just zits that come to a head pretty fast :) The only area of my face that's getting irritated is my nose so I think I may cut that back...

HEy i exfoliate twice a day with a bigass brush and guess what my skin is probably clearer than the last 4 years anyways ive been doing this for 1 1/2 months and its jsut great!!!

HEy i exfoliate twice a day with a bigass brush and guess what my skin is probably clearer than the last 4 years anyways ive been doing this for 1 1/2 months and its jsut great!!!

lmao

ill carry on then :D

thanks all,

Im actually using the L'Oreal Exfoliater Dermbrasion. Its working quite well, im using it every other day. I was thinking about doing it every night to help speed up the process but I was scared my skin might get irriated. I guess im gonna try it daily and see how it works since some of you are doing it daily as well. Thanks for the input. :angel: