Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emily Anne

Bleaching!

I've been so careful not to get any BP gel on my clothes in case they got bleached but then this afternoon I noticed that my once lilac pillowcase has turned a rather odd shade of pink in the spot where I sleep!

Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this? Would it help if I left longer between putting on the BP at night and going to bed?

Do you put on moisterizer after the bp? I use bp at night then I wait about 10 minutes and moisterize and I haven't had any bleaching on my pillowcase.

Guest yahyah

I've been so careful not to get any BP gel on my clothes in case they got bleached but then this afternoon I noticed that my once lilac pillowcase has turned a rather odd shade of pink in the spot where I sleep!

Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this? Would it help if I left longer between putting on the BP at night and going to bed?

lol yeh i've completely 'bleached' 3 pillow cases. I've given up worrying about it, they're not expensive - maybe just use a few 'old' ones

If you just use white pillowcases it shouldnt be noticable!

yep, I agree.

I bought a few cheap plain white pillow cases at Walmart and just use those.

It is one of the unfortunate things about bp, but worth the hassle, imo.

Thanks guys!

Morie - yeah, I use moisturiser but I've still had bleaching. Janiet53 and Brandy - I actually used a white pillowcase last night and it looks fine this morning so I think I'll stick with that!

I think if you do the regimen earlier and wait quite a while between applying BP and moisturizer, it shouldn't bleach anything. I do it ~2 hours before I go to sleep, and wait ~25 minutes after applying BP and before applying moisturizer. No bleaching whatsoever.

Fifth on the white pillowcase.

I had to sacrifice interior color decorations on my bed once I started using the BP but its worth it.

It does piss me off that I have ruined 10+ sky blue colored and grass green colored shirts.

Those two colors seem to be especially vulnerable, anyone else had those experieinces?

Fifth on the white pillowcase.

I had to sacrifice interior color decorations on my bed once I started using the BP but its worth it.

It does piss me off that I have ruined 10+ sky blue colored and grass green colored shirts.

Those two colors seem to be especially vulnerable, anyone else had those experieinces?

It seems to always be those colors. I even have trouble with black. It will turn pink where the BP was. Most times I didn't even know I transfered the BP to an item of clothing. I think it has something to do with laundry (water?) because I always notice color changes when I am folding clean cloths. Just stick with white and don't let any clothing that you really like touch your face even when you take a shirt off over you head. when you do laundry try to seperate the items that you know for sure might have BP on them because I think the BP transfer to the the blues and greens during the wash cycle.

I have an extra pillow which I always keep a white pillow case on regardless of my bedding color. I put it in the closet sometimes when I want my bed to look all perdy and then pull it out to use it.

I still go with light sheet colors (ie. beige) because it's nice not to be forced to use white and still not have to worry about ruining sheets.