Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
casey mcdermott

wearing makeup with the regimen

i have dealt with bad skin for years now, but over the past few months it got HORRIBLE, so i have tons of red marks on my cheeks. i started the regimen a few days ago and already notice a huge improvement, and i only have a few small breakouts left.

however, during the day, after putting on the bp and moisturizer, my skin looks gross and cakey after i try to put on makeup over that. i'd really like to wear makeup since i still feel really insecure about my skin, but it doesn't blend well/doesn't stay on/looks like a mask along with the regimen. any suggestions?

Well, I think first thing to do is put a good amount of moisturizer, of course oil-free and all and let it dry before putting make up on...

Did you have this problem even before starting this regimen?

Well, I think first thing to do is put a good amount of moisturizer, of course oil-free and all and let it dry before putting make up on...

Did you have this problem even before starting this regimen?

no, i never had this problem! the makeup just seems to slide all over my face and doesnt blend well over the moisturizer, which is oil free and which i let dry for about 15 minutes or more.

which moisturizer are you using? I found purpose to be very cakey... Eucerin Skin Renewal worked great.

which moisturizer are you using? I found purpose to be very cakey... Eucerin Skin Renewal worked great.

i use the neutrogena one that dan recommends. it feels greasy during the day so i have to pile on the powder, but at night for some reason it doesn't bother me.

i use the neutrogena one that dan recommends. it feels greasy during the day so i have to pile on the powder, but at night for some reason it doesn't bother me.

I think it may be your moisturizer. I just switched to Neutrogena Moisture for Sensitive Skin and even when I wait 15 minutes for the BP to dry, when I add the moisturizer it just doesn't mix well. It gets all gluey and slides all around. I haven't tried makeup with it yet, though.

in my experience, your typical foundations just do not go on well with the Regimen. After I apply my bp and moisturizer, I just dab on some pressed powder, for a bit of coverage, it looks way better than trying to blend in a foundation. Some Regimen users use the Mineral makeup (which is basically a powder), but I found that broke me out and made my typically oily skin look oilier, but if you have dry skin, it might work out for you.

do you apply it correctly? or maybe its the make-up nd not the regimen

which one are u using at the mo?

Guest fatallyours

When I used the regimen I wouldn't wear it under makeup, I only used the BP at night. My skin is super sensitive though, and twice daily would have been overkill.