Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently on retin-a 0.1%. My skin, mainly on my back and chest, is very irritated and red. I just finished my 8th week, so i'm worried that my skin won't adapt to the irritation any more. Does anyone know if RAM is significantly less irritating than retin-a? Also, is RAM available in Canada?

Thanks...

I do not know about it being available in Canada but, from what I have seen, retin a micro is not really less irritating than regular retin a, though it says it is supposed to be. But it seems to be a better choice, especially if you need a higher percentage as the highest retin a has is .05%, and that is only in the cream (which I heard was comedogenic), and the solution/liquid (which is SIGNIFICANTLY going to be most irritating and bothersome putting on). Start doing it every other day, and then see how it goes, take a break for maybe 2 days though before starting that so the irritation goes down a little. :)

I am currently on retin-a 0.1%. My skin, mainly on my back and chest, is very irritated and red. I just finished my 8th week, so i'm worried that my skin won't adapt to the irritation any more. Does anyone know if RAM is significantly less irritating than retin-a? Also, is RAM available in Canada?

Thanks...

After 2 months on the reg I was dissapointed! So I went to the derm and he put me on retin-A and Doxycycline, and said to use the retin-a in the evening with my BP. Well retin-a and BP together were hell on my face, burning and irritation-not fun! Aside from that my skin is still a little red but starting to adapt. But now I have my own reg that seems to be working for me!! Regular regimen cycle in the morning, you know wash, bp and moisturize. At night wash, retin-a, and L'oreal transformance to even out my skin tone and fade red marks, and moisturize if needed!

Using this for a month now and working great and redness is subsiding!