Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guppy

Mid-Day Showers

I run a lot and it's often hard to schedule it before my morning or evening regimen. In the morning I need to eat breakfast and then wait a few hours, and by the time I get home and take a shower it's past noon (when I get back to school early running won't be possible anyway). In the evening it tends to be rather dark... unless 4-5:00 counts as "evening".

What should I do? Today I ran a bunch after my morning regimen and since I was so sweaty and the BP was all wet I took a shower. I'm not so worried about the irritation, I don't think my skin is that sensitive, but I'm not sure if showering will get the BP off or if it's already absorbed so it won't matter. Please explain. :think:

Also, kinda off topic, but it's hard to get a skin tan on my face with a moisturizer that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. :wall: I don't understand what the moisturizer is for exactly, but would it maybe be okay to go without? Or can I get something else that will keep my skin moisturized (with a balanced pH level or whatever, all french to me :confused:) without blocking the sun's rays? I don't like the moisturizer, makes my skin wet and oily, but I'll use it if it's important.

Thanks,

-Guppy :dance:

PS: I'm 15 and my acne is pretty mild.

Guest Poker-Butt

* waiting for someone else to respond....i'd like to know this one too :think:

1. Skin tan doesn't mean you have healthy skin. Actually, a tan is damaged skin.

2. The moisturizer helps balance out your face, try one day without and see how your face reacts.

3. Don't worry about mid day showers, go ahead and take them and when you get out, just apply a little bp where you usually do and moisturize like usual. I rarely take mid day showers, but when i do, this is what i do.

I also would like my face to be tanner...but i think if your out in the sun your face can still get color regardless.

You can tan with a 15 SPF moisturizer to a degree, the SPF just mainly prevents a sunburn, which is bad for your skin. You HAVE to moisturize, don't try not doing it 'cuz your skin will become very dry and flakey.

As for the mid-day washing, I would shower during the day after running and wash your body only to get the sweat off, but I wouldn't wash the face until the evening when you're supposed to do the regimen stuff. If you sweat, it's not bad for your skin and it doesn't clog your pores. If you see some white on your face after you finish running (moisturizer / BP surfacing), just wait for it to absorb back into your skin or dab it with a clean napkin, but do not wash your face until roughly 12 hours have passed since the last time you did the regimen.

Thanks for the advice.... But will taking a shower mid-day interfere with the bacteria-killing effect of the BP? I could just not wash my face like you suggested, but after doing 15 miles my face isn't pretty. :( I noticed on the site FAQ it said to apply a moisturizer after swimming, heavily implying that BP is not used. This leads me to think that mid-day showers are okay too.... But I'm not sure, hence the topic. :P

If you're a swimmer, the BP is washed off completely and the chlorine dries out your skin. So after swimming, you need to apply moisturizer and just do the regimen at night with cleansing, BP, and moisturizing all over again.

After running, the BP and moisturizer aren't washed off, so there's no need to wash your face in the middle of the day and apply moisturizer, I would just wait until they dry back into the skin and wash your face only twice a day, when doing the regimen. Sweat glands and sebaceous glands (where acne is formed) are totally separate parts of your skin which do not touch, so sweat won't break you out. I work out in the gym and sweat too lol, and I never wash my face after the workout; I only wash when I'm doing the regimen. I'm already used to it. Only bad thing about it is that now I can't go for swims anymore or the sauna after workouts, but nothing beats clear skin :D . I know you're probably used to washing your face after running and washing it a few times a day, but when you're on the regimen, you don't want that extra irritation and you dont want the BP washed off leaving your skin unprotected from breakouts, even if it is only for a few hours. to That's just my advice, good luck to you. :)