Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last night I got really sick, throwing up and all that “good� stuff. When I got up today my skin looked better. I was thinking that maybe when you get sick your body sends something out to fight off the sickness and that might help the skin. I was wondering if anyone had notices that after a sickness there skin also looked better?

Last night I got really sick, throwing up and all that “good� stuff. When I got up today my skin looked better. I was thinking that maybe when you get sick your body sends something out to fight off the sickness and that might help the skin. I was wondering if anyone had notices that after a sickness there skin also looked better?

shrug a little bit flushed?

Hmm. I also seem to remember that I do not get new pimples when I am sick...but it could just be that it is not for so long time that you are sick. Might be a coincidence.

No, I fell really good today, not flushed at all :)

maybe you got all the crap that was making your skin look sickly perhaps? :think:

maybe, but I don't see how it could make a differents in just one night :think: but I'm happy that its looking better. Maybe its not looking better becuse I got sick, don't know, but it seems like it..

i read about this happening to someone before and it could be because you puked out your dinner...and obviously meant you slept on an empty stomache which allowed your body to heal and repair itself at night instead of digesting food left over while you sleep....trying eating early dinners like at 4 and see if it effects your acne...aslo maybe you are allergic to the food you puked up...try not eating what ever you puked

Well lots of people believe acne is caused by toxins and stuff in your liver, stomach, and other parts of your abdomen, so maybe when you throw up, you throw up a lot of these acne-causing toxins as well. I dunno, just a total guess.

Maybe there is a message in this for people - stop worrying about acne so much. All that tension actually adds to it - forgetting about it is one of the things people should do more often for acne.

i read about this happening to someone before and it could be because you puked out your dinner...and obviously meant you slept on an empty stomache which allowed your body to heal and repair itself at night instead of digesting food left over while you sleep....trying eating early dinners like at 4 and see if it effects your acne...aslo maybe you are allergic to the food you puked up...try not eating what ever you puked

I did not eat dinner (felling to bad) I’ve never heard about eating a early dinner to help acne. It makes since, I might give it a try. Thanks for the info

Maybe there is a message in this for people - stop worrying about acne so much. All that tension actually adds to it - forgetting about it is one of the things people should do more often for acne.

True, true. I was at a new years party last night, has so much fun, stayed up really late, did not think about my acne (that much :whistle: ) and today my skin looks good. Humm maybe my skin did not look better from throwing up, but from staying up late :razz::think:

I tried eating a early dinner last night. So this morning my sister came over when I was still in bed. When I came down to see her the frist thing she said to me was “what did you do to your face? It's clear!� I was so shocked to here that. My face so not clear, but it does look good, the red marks have lost some of there redness. I’m definitely going to continue eating a early dinner and see what happens. I’ll try to eat by 4:00pm but I wont eat after 5:00pm

Throwing up causes dehydration. A pretty immediate effect of dehydration is dry skin. Dry skin slows down acne and in most people's opinions makes it look clearer.

Olive leaf....im glad to hear that eating early has helped you...i noticed it helped me too...there are so many things that affect ur skin in a bad or good way...its all trial and error. I remembered reading different ideas on the eating an early dinner...it gives your body more time and the freedom to concentrate on healing other things...instead of digesting food at night...if u eat too late...let me know how u r doing in a week....i also remember reading this mothers post...she was wondering if eat breakfast had something to do w acne...she was saying her two kids who ate breakfast got acne...while their cousins and friends who dont dont suffer w it...MAYBE it was bc the body had longer time to heal itself....BUT I think its better to have an early dinner...say 4 or 5 like I said and then have breakfast....im stating this other persons observations...

Hey qwert123, pleas let me know how it works for you.

I’m going to only eat two meals a day one around 10:00am and another no later then 5:00pm also sometime around 8:00am I’ll take 2 tablespoons flax seeds. I’ll update in about a week.

okay cool...but be careful about the flaxseeds...that broke me out...on my back...and i never got acne there...stopped flaxseeds and acne on back went away..this happened last year...im not kidding...be careful when adding new things to diet.....unless u already have been eating them w out any negative effect